Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:41:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Jack and Victor whisky

Started by Sebastian Cobb, May 28, 2021, 06:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Good idea or shameless cash-in?

https://jackandvictor.com/

probably the latter imo

Malcy

I bought one yesterday. 100 of them are signed. I still have a few of the Tennent's gift sets with them as the lager lovelies that they released a few years ago. people were selling them for silly money on eBay when they came out. Definitely a shameless cash in but then they've been doing that for a while.

ajsmith2

I'll tell you what: the episode of Still Game where Jack and Victor go on the whisky tour and end up stealing the special bottle of whisky made for Errol Flynn? Makes me sad, that. Makes me think of the tour guide who's watch that happened under and the trouble they'd have gotten into. The fact that this precious artefact was stolen from the distillery, gone forever, and they probably had to put together a fake replacement for future tours, that authenticity never to be recaptured. Yeah it's all big bants for Jack and Victor getting pished and having hi jinks but what about the trail of destruction they leave in their wake?

timebug

I thought it was Clark Gable, rather than Errol Flynn?

ajsmith2

Quote from: timebug on May 29, 2021, 08:59:25 AM
I thought it was Clark Gable, rather than Errol Flynn?

Oh yeah you're right. I always mix them two up. Classic film stars with thin 'taches.

Quote from: ajsmith2 on May 28, 2021, 10:06:39 PM
I'll tell you what: the episode of Still Game where Jack and Victor go on the whisky tour and end up stealing the special bottle of whisky made for Errol Flynn? Makes me sad, that. Makes me think of the tour guide who's watch that happened under and the trouble they'd have gotten into. The fact that this precious artefact was stolen from the distillery, gone forever, and they probably had to put together a fake replacement for future tours, that authenticity never to be recaptured. Yeah it's all big bants for Jack and Victor getting pished and having hi jinks but what about the trail of destruction they leave in their wake?

Just do what they do with the Crown Jewels: replica bottle filled with piss.