Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:31:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

GB News "Too Woke" Say Unsalvageable Arseholes

Started by Cold Meat Platter, May 28, 2021, 08:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Kankurette on May 29, 2021, 09:50:31 AM
Nancy Lam! Family Affairs! Night Fever! And Daria, the only thing I ever watched on it. Didn't Big Brother migrate there?

I think Channel 5 might've been my first introduction to this guy:

so for that I am somewhat grateful.

idunnosomename

The only Channel 5 HE'LL be watching, is behind bars at the county jail!

Dunno if my dad is aware of GB News but going by how much more of a right wing arsehole he's become in the last few years I'm sure the number of black women presenters would put him right off it.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on May 29, 2021, 02:43:04 AM
Dishy Rishi's niece and Priti Patel's son to be wheeled out for new segment "Good Assimilators". They won't be allowed to have actual names, just be referenced by the good darkies they're related to

QuoteTogether, they have a son, who was born in August 2008

Butchers Blind

Is GB News actually happening? It seems to be perpetually coming soon.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 29, 2021, 07:45:30 AM
I don't think the 'its just a job' excuse cuts it when the employer is unequivocally all about the entrenchment of power and privilege at the expense of black people, women, among others.
Actual left-leaning, non-bigoted people wouldn't take a job like this, or if they did they wouldn't stay long. There are plenty of conservative women[nb]I'm limiting my remarks to women here because I am one and also I'm white as snow[/nb] who agree with most of the stance conservative outlets take on women and are willing to tolerate the stuff they personally find objectionable. This is why "the left" can't take women's support for granted.

Uncle TechTip

The test reels are on channel 23something right now, you can hear from all their brand new stars and how ordinary people aren't even allowed to express an opinion anymore. Visually it looks a bit like an angry QVC.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on May 29, 2021, 12:37:31 PM
The test reels are on channel 23something right now, you can hear from all their brand new stars and how ordinary people aren't even allowed to express an opinion anymore. Visually it looks a bit like an angry QVC.

236 - watching it now, all the "stars" reeling off their crap about giving a voice to those unheard on mainstream media, then underepresented such as racists, morons, elderly gammon etc etc.

DocDaneeka

I'm guessing the plan with GB News is to have loads of controversial opinions and guests that will be condemned by people online and then shared everywhere for loads of free publicity. A proven formula at this point.

imitationleather

Quote from: DocDaneeka on May 29, 2021, 03:17:18 PM
I'm guessing the plan with GB News is to have loads of controversial opinions and guests that will be condemned by people online and then shared everywhere for loads of free publicity. A proven formula at this point.

I predict that the series of threads about GB News will end up being the largest CaB has ever seen.

idunnosomename

God imagine if your mum was Priti Patel. Doesnt bear thinking about

Ambient Sheep

I still can't believe that Simon McCoy joined them.  Horrifying.

JamesTC

Just so long as they don't get the other Dr Whos.

Gulftastic

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on May 29, 2021, 05:54:31 PM

and he's shagging Emma Samms!

The world's gone. Switch it off and back on again, someone.

Ferris

At a certain point, surely it'll become patently obvious that you very much can have these opinions (and indeed do them on a daily basis on a news channel for quite a lot of money).

The edgy outsider moniker becomes less authentic when it is literally every press outlet saying what you aren't allowed to say.

JamesTC

It will just evolve into another frame of thinking that still makes them the victims in a left-wing society.

You can't say "you can't say your English these days without getting arrested and thrown in jail" without getting arrested and thrown in jail.

Sebastian Cobb

Plenty of grifters seem to have done laps of the mainstream papers saying they can't say the things they're saying.

BlodwynPig

At this point I believe soon everyone will be rabid right wing talking heads, but no-one will really believe in that ethos, it'll just to garner fame and fortune. Deep down everyone will be a marxist. Latent marxism shrouded in gammon fascism.

thenoise

Opening night, the two Black women shake off their wigs and make up, phew it's two white blokes after all. Now who says the right can't do comedy??!?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: thenoise on May 29, 2021, 06:37:53 PM
Opening night, the two Black women shake off their wigs and make up, phew it's two white blokes after all. Now who says the right can't do comedy??!?

and its Hale and Pace - back on "Prime" time TV after nearly three decades

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on May 29, 2021, 05:54:31 PM

As is his new hair transplant.

hamfist

Can you hijack transmission these days, like used to happen (albeit rarely) in the old days ?

Because I could make some Nonce TV graphics or something and inject them into their feed.

Catalogue Trousers

I'd love to see someone in a Max Headroom mask interrupt their broadcasts and have his bare bottom whacked on prime time. This sounds a great idea to me.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: hamfist on May 29, 2021, 09:45:58 PM
Because I could make some Nonce TV graphics or something and inject them into their feed.

You do feel that with the team they've assembled that they're only a week or two from their first high profile sexual harassment claim.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 29, 2021, 06:04:35 PM
At a certain point, surely it'll become patently obvious that you very much can have these opinions (and indeed do them on a daily basis on a news channel for quite a lot of money).

All this "being silenced" type stuff, they're not talking about themselves are they though? They're saying that to cut through to the people at home who feel aggrieved that they can't wolf whistle, use racist language, tell people of specific religions to "fuck off home" or operate heavy duty machinery without any health & safety gear. They are of course extremely careful never to actually say any of that themselves, and they would probably[nb]debatable[/nb] condemn anyone who actually said any of that shit, but they want to make it clear with a nudge and a wink, for their own financial reasons, that you're OK if you actually think it.

mobias

Apparently they tried to headhunt Alastair Campbell to be their token 'left wing' presenter but he turned them down.

I also read some gossip over on Twitter that Andrew Neil, stripped of the shackles and disciple put on him by the BBC when he was there, is behaving like raving egotistical monster behind the scenes and some people are thinking of walking out of it. I hope it fucking tanks!

Pink Gregory

Imagine forgetting your ruthless ruling class solidarity to be sunk by your own hubris.  8/10 would recommend.

Butchers Blind

How many weeks into this before Neil's mania results in him blowing his brains out live on air?