Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,464
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:37:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Psychoville Series 2

Started by Leej88, May 29, 2021, 07:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leej88

Who else hated this series I thought it dragged and killing off all the characters was shocking but your just left with Mr Jelly cause David died in the Crossover Inside No 9.

Glebe

This ain't available on Netflix Ireland, sadly (both TLoG and Inside No. 9 are, mind... must be some rights issue, I'm looking at YOU BritBox!).

Magnum Valentino

Is there an Irish Netflix Glebe? Do youse have stuff we don't get in the north?

Glebe

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on May 30, 2021, 12:03:29 PMIs there an Irish Netflix Glebe? Do youse have stuff we don't get in the north?

Pretty much the same as Netflix UK with occasional ommissions.

Noodle Lizard

I do prefer the overarching plot of the first series, but fucked if this was an ambitious follow-up. I don't think the overall quality of writing/characters/acting diminished much at all - worth it for the Silent Singer alone - but nothing which features that Tina Turner moment can possibly be considered bad.

I'd also argue that with the addition of Imelda Staunton and Jason Watkins (as well as the fact that
Spoiler alert
Robert is killed off pretty sharpish
[close]
, not to sound mean) makes it an overall better acting ensemble than the first series.

neveragain

Ha, yes. I think the writing's just as strong as the first series and the whole thing is awash with laughs and drama. Hattie and Jeremy Goode are fine additions, as is (as you said) Jason Watkins' camp Nazi. Plus David Cann playing another doctor! I love the decidedly odd cryogenic finale.