Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,397
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:35:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bagpuss on BBC

Started by Fambo Number Mive, May 29, 2021, 09:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThe first episode of Bagpuss will be shown on BBC Four at 7.25pm on Sunday as part of an evening of classic children's shows. The full box set will be available to stream on iPlayer until Tuesday 29th June

Never watched a full episode, but it sounds rather sweet

Glebe

BlodwynPig

I was chair of the Bagpuss society at Uni.

Cant be bothered with this though.

mjwilson

A recent CD release of the Bagpuss soundtrack included liner note from Stewart Lee.

Cuellar

Bagpuss?

More like Wankcunt.

Replies From View

Feels like only yesterday there was an Old Skool Weekend for these shows where the target nostalgia demographic for them was actually still alive.

No fucker who was born the day after the blitz and tolerated muffin the yoghurt pots puppet cunt will be taking advantage of this opportunity.  Prove me wrong with a photo, please.

dissolute ocelot

Ten page discussion on whether Bagpuss is Leninist or Maoist.

madhair60

Bagpuss, Bagpuss, fat fucking cunt puss.

Replies From View

Not sure what I think of this tendency to call a series of a show "a box set" on a digital streaming service.  I know it follows the trend of (for example) still using the terms "tape" and "film" for processes no longer bound by those physical media but it feels more actively and deliberately sfc than that.  Is it just me?

Just say "full series".

studpuppet

Quote from: mjwilson on May 30, 2021, 09:13:56 AM
A recent CD release of the Bagpuss soundtrack included liner note from Stewart Lee.

This CD is actually the best pastoral British folk album I own.

studpuppet

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on May 31, 2021, 10:40:33 AM

There's an article on the Freudian subtext of Bod...

Alberon

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on May 31, 2021, 10:40:33 AM

Stalinist. He plays the cuddly Uncle Joe, but look at the way his 'friends' go to sleep when he does. Rules with an iron fist wrapped in cream and pink fur.

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: Replies From View on May 31, 2021, 11:07:20 AM
Not sure what I think of this tendency to call a series of a show "a box set" on a digital streaming service.  I know it follows the trend of (for example) still using the terms "tape" and "film" for processes no longer bound by those physical media but it feels more actively and deliberately sfc than that.  Is it just me?

Just say "full series".

If you imagine that the "box" is the box on the screen that you navigate to in order to watch the series rather than a physical box with DVDs in it then it gets less annoying.

Uncle TechTip

Why use two syllables when three will do?

thenoise

Tried it on my toddler when it was on Prime. He absolutely hated it.

mothman

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on June 02, 2021, 03:22:18 PM
If you imagine that the "box" is the box on the screen that you navigate to in order to watch the series rather than a physical box with DVDs in it

Can you explain the rules of the game One Song To The Tune Of Another next?

Replies From View

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on June 02, 2021, 05:10:41 PM
Why use two syllables when three will do?

Have we learned nothing from Oasis' mistakes?