Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,492
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:17:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Masked Dancer UK

Started by olliebean, May 29, 2021, 09:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olliebean

Started this evening on ITV. I had to debate with myself whether to start a new thread as opposed to posting on the existing thread for The Masked Singer, as it's absolutely identical except they're dancing instead of singing.

Apparently it's on every night this week, which seems a bit much. I'm in no rush to go out to the pub, but even staying in every night, I have other things to do with my time.

Anyway, the first one to be revealed was
Spoiler alert
Jordan Banjo
[close]
as
Spoiler alert
Viper     
[close]
, whose voice I recognised in their intro. Here's the thread if you want to discuss it, guess who the rest of them are, whatever. I can't guarantee I'll stick it for the whole week. In fact I almost certainly won't.

dissolute ocelot

I don't get all the Masked Singer adulation, but at least you can listen to somebody sing and try and work out who it is. How the fuck are you supposed to recognise a dancer? I look forward to someone moonwalking and being unmasked as Jacko's voodoo corpse. Is Lionel Blair going to be on it? Do people outside of aging Radio 4 comedy fans know who Lionel Blair is?

mothman

My wife and I were ruminating on whether this might actually turn out to be easier, because the ease of movement required for dancing means they can't have costumes that conceal their figures.

JesusAndYourBush

Switched on and it was halfway through.  Watched for about 5 minutes then there was a commercial break so I changed channel.  I'd lost interest by then anyway.  I liked The Masked Singer but couldn't abide this.

(Oh and I'm not making a thread for it, but there's some new quiz show on channel 4 or 5 where all the answers are stuff like "dibble wibble mibble".  I normally like quizzes but it was awful.  Sha'n't be watching again.)

BlodwynPig

The plummet in standards continues. Still probably better than that anodyne music quiz in bbc hosted by the girl from saturdays and her male identikit

sevendaughters

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 30, 2021, 10:12:35 AM
The plummet in standards continues. Still probably better than that anodyne music quiz in bbc hosted by the girl from saturdays and her male identikit

yeah that shit was CBBC level

olliebean

OK, bored with this now. I've seen all the costumes, and don't feel any particular urge to see any of them again. Some of the dancing was quite good, some was OK and some was a bit crap, but none of it was especially interesting to watch.

Alberon

If the losers were taken out and shot after being unmasked I'd watch.

Probably.

Or at least tape it and fast forward through it.

timebug

The Masked Singer, then The Masked Dancer....what next? The Masked Gardner? The Masked Cook? Some folk will watch any old shite!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: timebug on May 31, 2021, 09:36:56 AM
The Masked Singer, then The Masked Dancer....what next? The Masked Gardner? The Masked Cook? Some folk will watch any old shite!

And those folk seem to wield so much power. Imagine a world where the majority yearn for thoughtful, well crafted and intelligent TV. We'd already have settled on Uranus by now.

dissolute ocelot

The masked wrestler? The masked swordsman? The masked crime-fighter? What will they think of next?

Anyway, isn't a masked ball a thing they've been doing for centuries?

up_the_hampipe

I found myself sucked into The Masked Singer earlier this year, mainly because I was extremely depressed and bad TV seemed to be the only thing that could distract me. This show seems utterly pointless though, for reasons already mentioned. It's also the exact same show in every aspect apart from the dancing. They could have at least got new hosts/judges, a different set or just different colours. But they did get rid of Rita Ora cos she's a COVIDIOT I think.

olliebean

They replaced Rita Ora cos she's a singer and Oti Mabuse is a dancer, and each of them is the one person on the panel in the respective shows who is accomplished in the thing the contestants are doing.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: olliebean on May 31, 2021, 04:29:38 PM
They replaced Rita Ora cos she's a singer and Oti Mabuse is a dancer, and each of them is one person on the panel in the respective shows who is accomplished in the thing the contestants are doing.

Oh right, I didn't know that's what the new judge did. Cheers then. Rita Ora is an idiot though.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: olliebean on May 31, 2021, 04:29:38 PM
They replaced Rita Ora cos she's a singer and Oti Mabuse is a dancer, and each of them is one person on the panel in the respective shows who is accomplished in the thing the contestants are doing.

"accomplished" = recognised by the plebs

mothman

Quote from: timebug on May 31, 2021, 09:36:56 AM

The Masked Shagger

BlodwynPig

jobotic

I thought the same. The Masked Typist. The Masked Ironer.

Rita Ora sounds like there should be a "I hardly knew her" joke possible but I can't work one out.

mothman

Rita Ora? No, she went of her own accord...

steve98

I only know 2 dancers: Wayne Sleep and him from Dirty Dancing who's dead now. So, if they're expecting any reaction from me when they do their BIG REVEAL, unless it's one of those 2, they'll be sorely disappointed.

olliebean

Quote from: steve98 on June 01, 2021, 02:58:15 PM
I only know 2 dancers: Wayne Sleep and him from Dirty Dancing who's dead now.

Charles Dance? The cat in that Paula Abdul video?

Alberon

Talking of cats - Danny John-Jules?

He's at about the level of that show.