Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:14:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Terraonion FPGA Direct 2021 - Announcing the Super HD System 3 Pro

Started by Pinball, May 30, 2021, 05:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

This is interesting, as it is HDMI HD output, and as well as PC Engine/Turbo Grafx will allow importing of FPGA cores for other consoles (NES currently, others to follow), so it's basically a standalone FPGA multi-console as well as an FPGA HD multicart for PC Engine. This has great potential, not least for using SD cards containing every game ever made for these consoles, playing at the best available audio and video output.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJhH_fPaVSQ

Sebastian Cobb

There's already one of these in the form of the Terasic DE-10, which seems to do more-or-less anything below PSX levels (and they're working on that too).

Pinball

Is this like the MISTER FPGA platform? I've never heard of it.

The Terraonion MODE ODE/'multicart' (FPGA ODE for Saturn and Dreamcast) now supports PS1 too, but the addition of console FPGA cores to the Super HD System 3 Pro is the first time they've done that. I guess the closest previously was the Mega SD that contains Mega CD core within it, as well as being a multicart for the Megadrive.

Sebastian Cobb

Yeah, the mister is a hat/expansion board for the Terasic DE-10 nano FPGA development board.