Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:06:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How do you do tags?

Started by kalowski, May 30, 2021, 10:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

Because I love them. Nothing makes me chuckle like "Eddie works his Tobasco-covered fist slowly down Syd's urethra"

Alberon

Can't do them anymore. The old ones are preserved, but no more are possible.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Be interesting if someone brought them back "Big Time".

touchingcloth

Only Platinum members can do them now. I think it's a few hundred a month.

Echo Valley 2-6809

I can't recall seeing 'Boring cunt starts shit thread' in anyone else's threads.

Echo Valley 2-6809

^ I've just realised that looks like I'm insulting someone in this thread when it's actually aimed at me.

I can't recall seeing 'Boring cunt posts shit clarification not worth clicking on' in anyone else's threads.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on May 31, 2021, 12:00:55 AM
I can't recall seeing 'Boring cunt starts shit thread' in anyone else's threads.
oh. why's that then

kalowski

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on May 31, 2021, 12:17:41 AM
^ I've just realised that looks like I'm insulting someone in this thread when it's actually aimed at me.

I can't recall seeing 'Boring cunt posts shit clarification not worth clicking on' in anyone else's threads.
Ha. Yes. I thought, bloody hell, what have I done to deserve this?

Don't answer that.

Stonefish

My account still has the ability to add tags to threads for some reason.

mothman

I miss karma though. I know why we don't have it anymore, but I never got very much of it and it was always a nice feeling when I did.

Dr Rock

Quote from: mothman on May 31, 2021, 11:08:29 PM
I miss karma though. I know why we don't have it anymore, but I never got very much of it and it was always a nice feeling when I did.

-2 Karma Points

I've long assumed they quietly got rid of tags, because people could snipe at posters, in a cowardly and relatively anonymous way. I also hoped they would just as quietly put them back one day. To be frank, I thought that would've happened by now. I resisted starting a thread on the matter, as I don't want to rock the boat and am grateful for the forum in general.

touchingcloth

What was it that led to the loss of tags? Who's to bamlem?

buzby

Quote from: touchingcloth on June 01, 2021, 08:28:53 AM
What was it that led to the loss of tags? Who's to bamlem?
I think it was putting too much load on the system.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

No it was that the system couldn't cope with the amount of sass Danger Man was inputting into the tags.

Sebastian Cobb

were tags disabled before the hacks that wiped out all the plugins then?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Chinese hackers stole our tags!

madhair60

God hates tags, has anyone done that yet?

Dex Sawash

[tag]   [how do you do add tag]  [who how do you do tagged it]   [/tag]

mothman

Quote from: Dr Rock on June 01, 2021, 12:12:30 AM

-2 Karma Points

This is a base calumny, I only got negative karma once, and that was for mentioning Babylon 5 too much apparently.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: buzby on June 01, 2021, 11:16:24 AM
I think it was putting too much load on the system.

Nope.  That's why Search is disabled, though.  Also, the reason Karma was limited to so-much-per-day was because it put an unreasonable strain on the server (something like 11 database queries per karm, IIRC) and was causing genuine issues.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 01, 2021, 12:27:26 PMwere tags disabled before the hacks that wiped out all the plugins then?

Nope, and that was indeed what killed them, our Russian teen hacker friend.

Tags weren't reinstated after the hack recovery for fear they might have a security hole in them.

Dr Rock

Quote from: mothman on June 01, 2021, 09:12:37 PM
This is a base calumny, I only got negative karma once, and that was for mentioning Babylon 5 too much apparently.

I've gone evil.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on June 01, 2021, 09:15:25 PM
Nope.  That's why Search is disabled, though.  Also, the reason Karma was limited to so-much-per-day was because it put an unreasonable strain on the server (something like 11 database queries per karm, IIRC) and was causing genuine issues.

Nope, and that was indeed what killed them, our Russian teen hacker friend.

Tags weren't reinstated after the hack recovery for fear they might have a security hole in them.

Another place I posted on that used to use vBulletin had so many issues with search grinding the place to a halt they ended up farming the search queries off to a separate server (presumably through db replication).

Dex Sawash

I got four from alcoholicmessiah for spelling 40 as fourty

mothman

Delete your account.

Quote from: Dr Rock on June 01, 2021, 09:17:52 PM
I've gone evil.

As Connery once said, "When a man huntsh dragonsh for long enough, he becomesh a dragon himshelf."

monkfromhavana

idunnosomename

5 golden babylons good sir

Alberon

I got Babylon 5 negged as well. The highest karma I ever got was for a picture of Farage after his plane crash badly photoshopped into the 9/11 Pentagon attack.

mothman

"Golden Babylons" sounds like a breakfast cereal.