Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:15:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Final FUCKDOWN

Started by Chedney Honks, May 31, 2021, 11:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have we got one more to go before the end of 2021?

Yes.
94 (66.7%)
No.
36 (25.5%)
Young people probably spread it in the first place so prepare to meet thy doom 😂😂😂
11 (7.8%)

Total Members Voted: 141

mothman

On my own with the youngest this weekend so tonight she asked if we could go to Slim Chicken. Went into Bristol but there was no way, the shopping mall was heaving and the queue for SC was out the door. So I used Deliveroo to order a pickup, went in and got it, took it home.

From the time I parked to the time I drive out of the multi-storey, didn't see one mask. Apart from the one I put on.

beanheadmcginty

I'm quite fascinated by all the complaints about non-mask wearing on here. Not because I disagree, but because I live in Amsterdam where not a single fucker has worn a mask since July. Honestly. Absolutely no one wears a mask anywhere. When I popped back to the UK in August I was stunned by how much mask wearing was going on. Seriously, you should be at least a bit appreciative that you see anybody whatsoever wearing a mask.

Fambo Number Mive

Given that the rest of the world seems to be able to wear masks without complaining unless medically exempt, I don't understand why it is so hard for people who aren't medically exempt in the UK (in particular England), parts of the USA and The Netherlands to wear masks. I do recognise that wearing masks is almost impossible for a small minority of people who are medically exempt.

Ferris

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on October 03, 2021, 11:37:53 AM
I'm quite fascinated by all the complaints about non-mask wearing on here. Not because I disagree, but because I live in Amsterdam where not a single fucker has worn a mask since July. Honestly. Absolutely no one wears a mask anywhere. When I popped back to the UK in August I was stunned by how much mask wearing was going on. Seriously, you should be at least a bit appreciative that you see anybody whatsoever wearing a mask.

I have immediate family in Amsterdam, this sounds about right. They're treating it like a bit of a laugh, essentially.

mothman

I'm very appreciative whenever I see somebody wearing a mask. It's just there seem to be increasingly (it would it be decreasingly?) fewer opportunities to do so.

buttgammon

I have a friend in Amsterdam who sounded shocked when I explained what the restrictions were like in Ireland  for most of this year.

For what it's worth, mask wearing is still very much the norm here. It was a bit of a shock when I went to England last month.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 02, 2021, 11:04:28 PM
Every account I read about the UK from family and friends (and on here) makes me more appreciative of where I am. I try not to mention it because it seems shitty like I'm doing a victory lap or something, but there you go.

I was thinking that too. We're having our problems with anti-vaxxers too of course, but the last few days I've been all over the city on streetcars, buses and trains and the one unmasked person I saw was a homeless guy on the subway asking for change.

Ferris

Quote from: QDRPHNC on October 03, 2021, 03:27:07 PM
I was thinking that too. We're having our problems with anti-vaxxers too of course, but the last few days I've been all over the city on streetcars, buses and trains and the one unmasked person I saw was a homeless guy on the subway asking for change.

I've seen one guy in 18 months not wearing a mask inside and he clearly wasn't playing with a full deck so a kindly person calmed him down and did his shopping for him, for which he was very grateful and then he continued off on his merry way.

Our mask mandate is staying for the foreseeable future and vaccine take up has been excellent - I think NS is one of the most heavily vaccinated jurisdictions in the world by some distance. I really can't complain, but I don't want to bang on about it here because I know the UK is going a different route and posters on here are (understandably) various levels of anxious about it.

Cold Meat Platter

Scottish chap from central Scotland here and everyone is wearing masks with no hassle cheers. Literally no one on buses or in shops without.

mothman

Ferris

DrGreggles

But that's not even a real place.

EDIT: Sorry, I was thinking of Narnia

buttgammon

I actually know two people from Nova Scotia. Pretty much all the other Canadians I've met have been from Toronto or thereabouts (and my old hairdresser was from Winnipeg), so I can confirm that it does exist, contrary to expectations.

mothman

Quote from: DrGreggles on October 04, 2021, 08:23:05 AM
But that's not even a real place.

EDIT: Sorry, I was thinking of Narnia

I have my suspicions about Newfoundland. Was there an Oldfoundland? And even if not, surely it's not really New anymore, so could just be Foundland? Or is the process ongoing, with New bits of Land being Found all the time? Surely they've Found it all by now?

Endicott

They are really really disorganised.

Fambo Number Mive

PCSOs got on my train today not wearing face masks. I'd say about 50% of the train staff I saw were wearing masks.

The public transport companies seem to be mainly succeeding at pushing people who don't want to get covid into using their car. It's shameful how English society has capitulated to people who don't want to wear a mask for 30 minutes on a train while giving a bit "fuck you" to CV and CEV people. (And yes I know some people can't wear a mask, that's not who I'm talking about here).

Fambo Number Mive

Fambo Number Mive

Stage for people busking at Paddington station, one bloke singing as people walked past to trains, seems like a good way to spread covid.

Also saw someone wearing a mesh mask, I presume so it looks like they are wearing a mask even though it wont protect them.

Looks like flu could be a massive issue for the NHS this winter so would advise everyone who can to get their flu jab.

Big Mclargehuge

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on October 09, 2021, 04:58:30 PM
Stage for people busking at Paddington station, one bloke singing as people walked past to trains, seems like a good way to spread covid.

Also saw someone wearing a mesh mask, I presume so it looks like they are wearing a mask even though it wont protect them.

Looks like flu could be a massive issue for the NHS this winter so would advise everyone who can to get their flu jab.

Got mine today, I'm taking no chances with all the twattery going on at the moment. I'm having a VERY serious debate with myself whether to go to my first gig in 2 years in a couple of weeks. I bought the tickets before all this kicked off and its finally been rescheduled. But given how many people arnt wearing masks now I don't know if I wanna risk it.

v00n

Have you been double-vaxxed? If not; don't go. Otherwise, do.

Uncle TechTip

Even if you're vaxxed you're going to get it some time; that's the nature of a novel virus. But you will tend to get a less severe reaction and less chance you'll spread it.

Dr Rock

Can I have my spinal tap soon?

Big Mclargehuge

Quote from: v00n on October 10, 2021, 08:38:43 AM
Have you been double-vaxxed? If not; don't go. Otherwise, do.

I have been double vaxxed. And I realise its ultimately a case of when, not if. I've just been trying to be as careful as possible and part of me feels like going to a large gathering like this would rather be tempting fate, but I would like to see this band...I'm still trying to feel things out honestly

bgmnts

I suppose it's a case of does your concern for your health or health of people you will be in contact with supercede your desire to see this band. If it does, don't go. If it doesn't, go.

Flip a coin.

MojoJojo

Quote from: bgmnts on October 10, 2021, 10:37:13 PM
I suppose it's a case of does your concern for your health or health of people you will be in contact with supercede your desire to see this band. If it does, don't go. If it doesn't, go.
That's being overly negative. The point is there is a very small chance that going will have a negative impact on anyone's health. They're not selling their families kidney to go.

bgmnts

Quote from: MojoJojo on October 11, 2021, 09:35:57 AM
That's being overly negative. The point is there is a very small chance that going will have a negative impact on anyone's health. They're not selling their families kidney to go.

I didnt see it as positive or negative really, just a statement of fact.

If you go, there's more of a risk, if you don't, there's less of a risk.

MojoJojo

The way you stated it across as "Go to the gig if you don't care about your family and friends health". It is unlikely that going to the gig will have any affect on anyone's health.

bgmnts

The virus isn't spreading anymore?

MojoJojo

It's not going to get any better than this. Unless you plan to live the rest of your life in a bunker you have to accept that covid is something that you are going to get.