Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:00:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Final FUCKDOWN

Started by Chedney Honks, May 31, 2021, 11:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have we got one more to go before the end of 2021?

Yes.
94 (66.7%)
No.
36 (25.5%)
Young people probably spread it in the first place so prepare to meet thy doom 😂😂😂
11 (7.8%)

Total Members Voted: 141

Chollis

Greggs now selling Cinnamon FUCKDOWN for 89p

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jun/07/delta-variant-covid-england-vulnerable

Fuck, that's depressing.

Still, good someone is pointing out that it's not a case of 2 vaccines and off you go. By August it will have been several months since many vulnerable people's 2nd jab and they will already need to return for boosters ahead of winter.

BlodwynPig

A prof at the uni where i worked is recovering from horrendous covid illness. Double vaxxed, under 60

Chedney Honks

Hope it's not that bad because I cbf getting a booster.

Fambo Number Mive

Watching debate on BBC News. Lots of Tory MPs saying why they will vote against the extension and making cheap party political comments.

Not many ministers on the front bench

Fambo Number Mive

Extension went through 461 to 60

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Over 9,000 cases today which will be in the top 10 globally, I think. Keep an eye on hospital numbers but if they do start to jump we are going back to April rules let alone opening everything up.

Fambo Number Mive

List of Labour MPs who voted against the extension to restrictions

QuoteBradshaw, rh Mr Ben
Gwynne, Andrew
Lewell-Buck, Mrs Emma
Spellar, rh John
Stringer, Graham
Twigg, Derek

The DUP were split on this like the Tories, with two DUP MPs voting for the extension and five against. Sausages Wilson voted against.

https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/2021-06-16/division/5F1E0E94-7BD3-4C77-9F1F-2CF56416C72E/Coronavirus?outputType=Party#party-yesDemocraticUnionistPartyAyes

Fambo Number Mive

11,007 reported cases today

BlodwynPig

George Oscar Bluth II

There's not gonna be another lockdown lads, people can't be fucked

Cuellar

Won't need to be, for everyone will be dead

Blinder Data

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on June 17, 2021, 08:13:32 PM

sadly I think you're sort of right. securing people's consent for another will be v difficult. "I've had my two jabs, sod the rules". boomers gonna boom.

I'm going to a fucking WEDDING next weekend. not one of these intimate small ones either now the limit on numbers has increased. no singing or drinking/eating upright. gonna be fucking weird

George Oscar Bluth II

Have to say, if you'd have told the govt and the behavioural scientists back in March 2020 that the upper limit for people's tolerance for controls was somewhere around June/July 2021 they'd have been aghast. It's lasted far longer with far better adherence than anyone expected.

Even now the no mask cunts and the denier cranks are a minority but I get a real feeling people, normal people who have been wearing masks and not seeing their friends and so on have had it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hospital numbers don't work by consent. If it rages it rages, so you either protect the NHS and the vulnerable or learn what a real fuckdown looks like.

Consent will come by virtue of the circumstances presented, see January if in doubt. See Bovine masses if still in doubt.

Also, shitloads of cases increase the chances of further vaccine escaping variants. There are no palatable options, only the least shitty.

olliebean

Can't wait to see if he fucks up Christmas again.

Chedney Honks

I'm having an operation in a month, will lock me down for about two months so get ready for some real Rear Window shit 😂😂😂

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 17, 2021, 09:13:12 PM
Hospital numbers don't work by consent. If it rages it rages, so you either protect the NHS and the vulnerable or learn what a real fuckdown looks like.

Consent will come by virtue of the circumstances presented, see January if in doubt. See Bovine masses if still in doubt.

Also, shitloads of cases increase the chances of further vaccine escaping variants. There are no palatable options, only the least shitty.

Oh the evidence from Sweden is that a good % of the population lock themselves down regardless of what the govt say and that'll happen if things get worse here, but the days of the govt telling us to do it are done.

peanutbutter

I can kinda understand people being a bit pissed off right now but I sense a lot of it is coming from a fear that this will bleed into the far side of summer and then a rush of restrictions to try and "save Christmas" only for a Christmas exemption period to result in another 4-5 months of restrictions.

I can't see them increasing restrictions again from where they're at now unless it's to do with children going back to school after the break.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on June 17, 2021, 09:34:34 PM
Oh the evidence from Sweden is that a good % of the population lock themselves down regardless of what the govt say and that'll happen if things get worse here, but the days of the govt telling us to do it are done.

Brave preddo mate

Ferris

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on June 17, 2021, 08:13:32 PM

Yeah it's done. "I got mine (vaccine) so sod the lot of you".

Seriously doubt anywhere in the west has the political will to lockdown again - at this point we are getting our shots and taking our chances, delta variant or not.

Don't know what the alternative is though. It's all fucked. Entering TOTAL FUCKDOWN.

Ferris

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on June 17, 2021, 09:34:34 PM

If the equivalent happens in the UK I will eat my collection of baseball caps.

MrMrs

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 17, 2021, 10:32:51 PM
Brave preddo mate

what's the point in posting this type of thing. stop shitting up the thread

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: MrMrs on June 17, 2021, 11:56:14 PM
what's the point in posting this type of thing. stop shitting up the thread

Sorry, will try to post more like you

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteSeriously doubt anywhere in the west has the political will to lockdown again -

It's not about political will, it's about actual present reality in terms of icu numbers, beds etc. The red line has been ensuring the health service doesn't collapse and will continue to be. Clearly there will be a degree of denial and dismay in the public and probably government to contend with.

I certainly hope it won't be necessary and certainly hope the tide turns against the Tories if it does.

Chedney Honks

Cases DOUBLED from this time last week

Deaths MORE THAN DOUBLED from this time last week

Fair play, headed for the final fuckdown.

BlodwynPig

Deaths still at the level of statistical noise

MojoJojo

Quote from: Chedney Honks on June 18, 2021, 06:35:04 AM
Cases DOUBLED from this time last week

Deaths MORE THAN DOUBLED from this time last week

Fair play, headed for the final fuckdown.

Where are you getting that death rate from?

Chedney Honks

Can't remember, some idiot on Twitter