Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:54:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Final FUCKDOWN

Started by Chedney Honks, May 31, 2021, 11:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have we got one more to go before the end of 2021?

Yes.
94 (66.7%)
No.
36 (25.5%)
Young people probably spread it in the first place so prepare to meet thy doom 😂😂😂
11 (7.8%)

Total Members Voted: 141

SpiderChrist

There's no fucking way I'm going to a gig. Fuck that.

scarecrow

My flatmates are all mad for it. Don't know what to do.

Fambo Number Mive

There's an anti-lockdown protest taking today in Parliament Square, with the police and anti lockdown protestors fighting. The protestors claim they stand for peace, justice , equality and love and have leaflets comparing Johnson to Hitler. A three day campout outside the House of Parliament is planned.

The COVID denier crowd have got almost everything they want and they are still kicking off. Johnson cannot appease them no matter how he tries.

Bernice

What are they protesting, it literally just ended.

jobotic

Johnson's useful idiots. Scream "fascism" about things that have nothing to do with it and deflect from the real repression. I fucking hate them.

One of them has a sign informing us that the police will be after us next. They already are you cunts. Why don't you protest that? Oh yes, because you're far-right too.

mothman

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 19, 2021, 01:17:41 PM
The COVID denier crowd have got almost everything they want and they are still kicking off. Johnson cannot appease them no matter how he tries.

Oh, he'll try...

JamesTC

Why are Labour and the Tories vying for the votes of a minority of people further to the right than their base electorate who wouldn't ever vote for them?

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteSpeaking at today's anti-lockdown, anti-vaccine protest in Parliament Square, retired police officer Mark Sexton says if all Covid restrictions are not lifted and vaccinations are not ceased, citizens have a right to arrest ministers and MPs by force and set up common law courts.

https://twitter.com/Shayan86/status/1417111838119108616

Fucking terrifying. Isn't saying that inciting violence? Or is it ok because he isn't left-wing?

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: mothman on July 19, 2021, 03:39:22 PM
Oh, he'll try...

Indeed, he is already trying. Dropping the restrictions on July 19th is partly about trying to make sure these people, many of whom are probably Tory supporters, still vote for him in 2024 rather than for an openly far-right party.

bgmnts

Wouldnt mind setting up common law courts and dragging half those cunts out and hanging em.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 19, 2021, 03:42:08 PM

Fucking terrifying. Isn't saying that inciting violence? Or is it ok because he isn't left-wing?
Dead within two years, she says? Fuck it, I wouldn't normally drink on a work night, but I might as well have a few tonight if my days are numbered so few.

jobotic

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 19, 2021, 03:42:08 PM

or a woman mourning another woman murdered by a police officer

Kankurette

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 19, 2021, 03:43:23 PM
Indeed, he is already trying. Dropping the restrictions on July 19th is partly about trying to make sure these people, many of whom are probably Tory supporters, still vote for him in 2024 rather than for an openly far-right party.
As with Keith courting the Blue Labour crowd, it won't work.

Cloud

Proof of vaccination required for clubbers from the end of September.   Phrases involving closing stable doors and bolting horses spring to mind, but hey, if it gets them jabbin...

Zetetic

ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER'S CINDERELLA CANCELLED BY ViD-FACISM.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Cloud on July 19, 2021, 05:25:26 PM
Proof of vaccination required for clubbers from the end of September.   Phrases involving closing stable doors and bolting horses spring to mind, but hey, if it gets them jabbin...

Hahaha...back to not know what to laughing at, the ludicrousness or the basic school-level incompetence.

Fambo Number Mive

People in the US advised not to travel to the UK.

bgmnts

That was ages ago wasnt it? A grim low point, whenever it was.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Kankurette on July 19, 2021, 10:42:21 AM
My gym's still keeping the sprays and cloths for wiping down the equipment. Thank fuck. I haven't been for a swim since lockdown started last year, it's a nightmare trying to find a slot because of all the swimming lessons.

Let nature be your gym

Fambo Number Mive

Not sure, it came up on the BBC just now. Might be that they've raised the UK to the highest thread level recently but brought in the don't travel advice before that.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Kankurette on July 19, 2021, 12:05:01 PM
I went shopping earlier and was surprised to see people still wearing masks. At least it made me feel less self-conscious about wearing mine.

??? Why be self-conscious about doing the right thing. Should be proud

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteAt the Egg nightclub in London, reveler Alex Clark acknowledged feeling "a bit of apprehension and uncertainty."

Fellow clubgoer Kevin Ally felt no such qualms. "There's zero concern," he said. "The only concern is why we haven't been here for a year and a half. It's been a very long time since we've been out.

"It's good to be back, and we're here to dance."

I think Kevin is missing a W before his surname.

BlodwynPig

Contempt. Not part of any decent society. Destroy him.

Pinball

Quote from: Cloud on July 19, 2021, 05:25:26 PM
Should do what Macron did in France, and require proof of double vaccination before being allowed into <insert, but definitely including nightclubs>. Would ensure more people get vaccinated. In France the number of people registering for a jab went up from hundreds of thousands to millions in one day.

Waiting until end-September to do this for nightclubs here is utterly ridiculous- needs to be done immediately.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2021/07/14/why-vaccine-shy-french-are-suddenly-rushing-to-get-jabbed

"The government's decision to allow only the fully vaccinated to enter restaurants, bars, trains and other spaces has caused a spike in inoculations".

Rev+

Got back from SAINO'S about an hour ago and they've already stripped out the minimal protections they had.  There was never a one way system but they did have one set of doors designated as an entrance and another as an exit, but that's been fucked off.  Screens between self-checkouts have all been removed and they've all been switched back on rather than having alternate machines disabled, meaning you're pretty much standing shoulder-to-shoulder.  Sign out the front now says 'wearing a mask is now optional', and maybe a third of the people inside were bothering.

Just in time for the traditional 'sunburned blokes going in shirtless and dripping sweat all over the fruit and veg' which shouldn't have been bloody tolerated at the best of times.  This is all just going to go so well.

jobotic

Thoughts and prayers with Andrew Lloyd Webber tonight

Beagle 2

Why would they remove the screens? Went out shopping today and it was all the same as usual, everyone masked up. Sainsbury's still stopping people going in if it was getting full. Guess that's up to the discretion of the staff as well! 

druss

Loving freedom day, licked a banister then coughed on some kids at the swimming pool, have waited so long for this.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 19, 2021, 05:37:26 PM
People in the US advised not to travel to the UK.

Yeah, today's 'update' was "everything remains the same".
Quite rightly and all that, but I was hopeful regardless.