Poll

Have we got one more to go before the end of 2021?

Yes.
79 (69.9%)
No.
24 (21.2%)
Young people probably spread it in the first place so prepare to meet thy doom 😂😂😂
10 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Author Topic: The Final FUCKDOWN  (Read 48021 times)

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Silver Member
  • My meatus is beyond compare
    • http://jackanderton.jamendo.net/
Re: The Final FUCKDOWN
« Reply #870 on: July 20, 2021, 09:19:32 PM »
100-150 deaths per day are already "baked in" by the recent case numbers sadly

More than that the rate its I'd have thought, given the feed through time and daily cases continuing to increase by 40% week on week. We are on course for around 475 deaths this week.

Before long that will translate to 250-350 a day using the figures we already have. But no lockdown, in fact even less lockdown.

Now it's everyone's personal responsibility to remain alive I guess they will turn the electricity and water off too.

The Mollusk

• ♫ The incredible edible ... rump roast! ♫
« Reply #871 on: July 21, 2021, 09:30:10 AM »
Predictably, the Asda here is by far the most maskless.  It always was full of absolute skanks.

lol, bit classist. People from all walks of life have had their brains scrambled by the flip-flopping government guidance, not just tHe PoOr

« Reply #872 on: July 21, 2021, 01:20:32 PM »
Got an email just there outlining a nearish club's attempts to integrate testing for this weekend. here's the email: https://madmimi.com/p/e6e0a21

Man...  to try and add your own rules 2 days before reopening seems like a recipe for a lot of very angry people at the door. But like, all these places are just gonna have no staff on week 2 with the way things are going

Cloud

• This is probably a mistake
« Reply #873 on: July 21, 2021, 02:46:03 PM »
lol, bit classist. People from all walks of life have had their brains scrambled by the flip-flopping government guidance, not just tHe PoOr

Nice strawman but it's got nothing to do with whether they're poor or not.  The prices in Asda are on par with Tesco and Morrisons, and Aldi is cheaper still but it's only Asda that seems to attract people with poor hygiene, manners, etc, at least around here.

Surely it's more classist to assume I'm talking about the poor when discussing skanky people.

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
  • MAKE ROOM FOR THE MUSHROOMS
« Reply #874 on: July 21, 2021, 04:00:04 PM »
The BBC Proms will go ahead at full capacity this year, with audience members "strongly encouraged" to wear masks.

They will also be required to provide a negative lateral flow test, a positive PCR test or proof of double vaccination.

Promming tickets, where audience members can stand in the arena or gallery areas of the Royal Albert Hall, will also be available on the day of each concert...

The BBC says: "The safety of our audiences is our main priority and we are taking every step we can to open the Proms safely without social distancing."

Audience members over the age of 18 will be asked to provide a negative lateral flow test taken within 48 hours of the performance, or evidence of double vaccination provided via the NHS app or a letter provided by the NHS.

They can also offer proof of natural immunity based upon a positive PCR test taken within 180 days of the performance.

Under 18s will be asked for verbal confirmation from a parent or guardian that they have not received a positive test.

I hope it's made clear to potential audience members that anyone who had a positive PCR test within 10 days of the Proms should be isolating and not turning up at the Proms.

The Mollusk

• ♫ The incredible edible ... rump roast! ♫
« Reply #875 on: July 21, 2021, 05:39:00 PM »
Nice strawman but it's got nothing to do with whether they're poor or not.  The prices in Asda are on par with Tesco and Morrisons, and Aldi is cheaper still but it's only Asda that seems to attract people with poor hygiene, manners, etc, at least around here.

Surely it's more classist to assume I'm talking about the poor when discussing skanky people.

Classist was the wrong word, I’ll admit, but it’s unnecessarily snobbish to draw parallels/assumptions that “predictably” the type of people you’re describing would also by default be too thick or ignorant to wear a mask. Yeah sure you can say “but I saw it with my own eyes” but the reality is more a completely random draw of who’s making those decisions, and on that sense the point I made in my post still stands. Since being back at work in February and commuting across the city every day I’ve seen all manner of people from Canary Wharf city boy cunts to homeless people on the street either wearing or not wearing masks.

bgmnts

• Depressed to the point of poisonous toxicity.
« Reply #876 on: July 21, 2021, 05:57:26 PM »
Do rich cunts shop at ASDA regularly?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Silver Member
« Reply #877 on: July 21, 2021, 06:06:39 PM »
73 deaths today up from only 24 same time last week.

« Reply #878 on: July 21, 2021, 06:26:20 PM »
Re: ASDA etc. - from what I've seen, mask wearing and distancing has been consistently patchy (if that's not too much of an oxymoron) in pretty much every supermarket. Co-Op is generally one of the pricier ones, but I posted a couple of months ago about the idiot in my local branch brazenly gulping from a mug of tea as he browsed the aisles as if it was his living room.

« Reply #879 on: July 21, 2021, 06:53:57 PM »
I thought "skanky" implied lower class status in general? Like, even if it were someone who was wealthy the implication would be that their origin or their preferences are tacky in manner that's in line with the tackiness of some people in a lower class status.

katzenjammer

• Now we know...
« Reply #880 on: July 21, 2021, 06:58:24 PM »

Probably. What you see turning up to Waitrose in their Range Rovers are more likely debt cunts

« Reply #881 on: July 21, 2021, 07:01:51 PM »
I went to buy a car the other day and they were fucking desperate for me to over commit to some cunt wagon which would make my neighbours and colleagues build a fucking noose. I literally couldn't give less of a fuck, just my old car died, so I left with something which disappointed everyone but me.

mothman

• I don't know why
« Reply #882 on: July 21, 2021, 07:02:07 PM »
Back at work after a couple of days off, and the stairs have been returned to normal traffic from the one-way system that was in use. Bit disconcerting the first time you go down a stairwell you’re used for the past year only to go up.

And almost everyone masked! Saw two women not wearing masks, everyone else was abiding by senior leadership’s request to keep using them when moving around the building. And those two could easily have had exemptions I guess (not that I saw anyone exercising an exemption when masks were mandatory…).

« Reply #883 on: July 21, 2021, 07:14:54 PM »
73 deaths today up from only 24 same time last week.

On the bright side, the North West and North East are showing signs of dipping in case numbers along with Scotland. Shame about the rest of England.

« Reply #884 on: July 21, 2021, 08:36:57 PM »
Probably. What you see turning up to Waitrose in their Range Rovers are more likely debt cunts

Last March locally Waitrose was the first one to get hit by bog roll boogaloo. All the tissues were gone too which means people must've been planning to wad them up and wipe their arses with them.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Silver Member
« Reply #885 on: July 21, 2021, 08:44:31 PM »
The one thing the middle classes can't stand is the thought of not being able to wipe their arse.

Please Satan, take my tiny pots of Zhoug and my wild oregano dispenser, don't deprive me of the shitrags

« Reply #886 on: July 21, 2021, 09:04:10 PM »
I remember telling my dad that he could always wash his arse with a flannel and soap if he didn't like it if he couldn't get hold of any bog roll and he sounded as if I'd just given him the secret of alchemy

Alberon

• His heart is an empty fridge
« Reply #887 on: July 21, 2021, 09:28:18 PM »
Just get one of those fancy Japanese toilets that washes and dries your bum for you.

hamfist

• Furry Asscandy
« Reply #888 on: July 21, 2021, 11:47:19 PM »
the truly posh wipe their arses on baby white rabbits then throw them in a waste disposal grinder

Cloud

• This is probably a mistake
« Reply #889 on: July 22, 2021, 01:32:14 AM »

That or Aldi.  I know the odd rich person (doctor who owns the practice etc) and they're the tightest people I know in terms of spending money on day to day stuff.

gib

• Logistics Assistant
« Reply #890 on: July 22, 2021, 01:53:13 AM »
can someone get the stats for M&S

buttgammon

• Ape received.
« Reply #891 on: July 22, 2021, 08:37:18 AM »
can someone get the stats for M&S

For what it's worth, I was in an M&S for the first time in ages the other day and couldn't remember the last time I saw so many people not wearing masks in a shop.

« Reply #892 on: July 22, 2021, 09:58:33 AM »
Speaking of supermarkets, has anyone else noticed gaps in shelves? The freezer in my local Co-Op was empty in places and apparently it's because lorry drivers keep getting pinged and have to isolate.

SpiderChrist

• "the law of averages says you'll survive"
« Reply #893 on: July 22, 2021, 10:02:55 AM »
It's all going so well. SO well. The natural party of government are in charge.

The empty shelves are apparently one of the symptoms of the "pingdemic"*

*apologies for using that cunty word but I'm in a hurry

« Reply #894 on: July 22, 2021, 10:13:19 AM »
No doubt the Tory press (egged on by the Tory party) will start calling for a total abandonment of any lingering half arsed efforts at containment, as a common sense solution to the ‘pingdemic’.

People are getting pinged because our hopeless government willingly allowed the virus to run riot, yet again. That’s the problem - not the app doing what it’s meant to do.

« Reply #895 on: July 22, 2021, 10:16:27 AM »
Supply chains for meat seem to be most at risk, additionally made worse by high vacancy levels due to Brexit: https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-food-supply-chains-edge-failing-meat-industry-says-2021-07-21/.

SpiderChrist

• "the law of averages says you'll survive"
« Reply #896 on: July 22, 2021, 10:42:57 AM »
People are getting pinged because our hopeless government willingly allowed the virus to run riot, yet again. That’s the problem - not the app doing what it’s meant to do.

This ^^^ is so obvious it feels daft to point it out, but the narrative that seems to being pushed is "blame the app". Not terribly surprising, though.

« Reply #897 on: July 22, 2021, 12:24:30 PM »
It's almost like Remainers warned this sort of thing would happen.

Cuellar

• I'm over here
« Reply #898 on: July 22, 2021, 02:17:47 PM »
No doubt the Tory press (egged on by the Tory party) will start calling for a total abandonment of any lingering half arsed efforts at containment, as a common sense solution to the ‘pingdemic’.

Yes, this from the article posted by steveh:

On Monday, England's car plants, railways, supermarkets and pubs warned the government that the COVID-19 tracing app, which has told hundreds of thousands of workers to isolate, was wrecking the recoveryand pushing supply chains to the brink of collapse

is annoying and stupid. "This fire alarm is making it awfully hard for people to work. Let's just disconnect it"

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
  • MAKE ROOM FOR THE MUSHROOMS
« Reply #899 on: July 22, 2021, 02:50:42 PM »
I hate this "we don't want government by central diktat" which is the excuse of ministers for getting rid of the mask mandate. So they don't want a diktat for keeping people safe but they want to ban removing statues. I really do think that people who still support this government should be ashamed of themselves.

Tags: