Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:53:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The King is Dead

Started by Leej88, June 01, 2021, 08:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leej88

Does anyone remember this laugh free show from 2010 created by and starring Simon Bird.

H-O-W-L

Fambo Number Mive

Never saw it. What was it about? It sounds vaguely political.

Leej88

The King and I kid you not Father Christmas die and the panelists have to win to become the new fill-in........utter crap

H-O-W-L

What Lee said. It was basically a comedy panel/challenge/game show where Simon Bird and some rotating guests formed a royal court (medieval king, king of the jungle, santa claus etc) for a monarchic post, which a bunch of other celebrity guests would compete to win the favor of, via challenges and social games. It was very shit stuff and Simon Bird's greatest weaknesses as a host were on show. He's good in what else I've seen him in (Inbetweeners, Friday Night Dinner) but he was absolutely acharismatic in King is Dead.

Fambo Number Mive

It would probably have worked better with a format where three comedians tried to convince a panel that they should be the new Chief of Police/King of England rather than what sounds like a mixed bag of guff:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King_Is_Dead_(TV_series)

QuoteIn this round them three place three famous celebs as the names like Bobbies. Bobby Charlton, Bobby Davro, and Bob the Builder the celeb will pick it and see what is behind it. it has also some facts about the challenge, also the part where they get Darren when the audience boo at him, each of the challenges is rewarded with three points...

In the last round, the two finalists go head to head in a challenge. Past challenges have included:

The President of the USA: Contestants had to kiss babies
Chief of Police: Contestants had to get into a container of biscuits and meat; a dog decided who was to be Chief of Police
The King: Contestants inserted printer cartridges, inflated armbands, and smashed the champagne

Leej88

He created it as well he was very popular at the time hence why he went to BBC with the idea and they accepted it.