Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:25:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

COVID varients rebadged

Started by Fambo Number Mive, June 01, 2021, 12:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

The WHO has announced that COVID variants of concern will be renamed to help ensure non-stigmatising labels.

The variant where the first documented samples were in the UK (Kent variant) is now called Variant Alpha.

The variant where the first documented samples were in South Africa is now called Variant Beta.

The variant where the first documented samples were in Brazil is now called Variant Gamma.

The variant where the first documented samples were in India is now called Variant Delta.

More information: https://www.who.int/en/activities/tracking-SARS-CoV-2-variants/

Dex Sawash

Pandemical correctness gone mad

Norton Canes

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Kent variamt should have been Variamt Gammon hahaha

Consignia

"I'm not catching the Indian Variant, I'm not catching the Indian Variant, I'm not catching the Indian Variant."
"No, no, no, it's different. It's called a Delta Variant now."
"They've rebadged it, you fool!"

Sebastian Cobb

I'm really awfully glad I've got the Beta, because my immune system doesn't work so hard. And yet it's much better than the Gammas and Deltas. People with the Gamma are stupid.

Chedney Honks

Quote from: Consignia on June 01, 2021, 01:16:07 PM
"I'm not catching the Indian Variant, I'm not catching the Indian Variant, I'm not catching the Indian Variant."
"No, no, no, it's different. It's called a Delta Variant now."
"They've rebadged it, you fool!"

Very good.

BlodwynPig

This will help. Last week as i briefed to the people reporting to Hancock, i stumbled over the numbering system (which was a decision from a few weeks ago) and nearly blurted out, "you know...the fucking second indian one"

bgmnts

We can't even say Spanish Flu anymore?

Wokerati at it again.

olliebean

And what will the variant that eventually finishes us all off be called?

dissolute ocelot

It is a bit optimistic that they'll only have 24 variants. Do they start going on to Arabic letters after that, or use animal emojis?

kittens

just my luck that this would happen the day i come up with my 'indian summer' gag

Dr Rock

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 01, 2021, 12:08:39 PM
The variant where the first documented samples were in the UK (Kent variant) is now called Variant Alpha.

WE'RE NUMBER ONE WHERE ARE YOU YORKSHIRE NOWHERE

The Variant Formerly Known As Indian.

batwings

The Omega Variant will be the one to worry about.

Pinball

What's the code for 'that cunt Boris'?

mothman

This would be the same WHO which just presented an award to the Indian health minister for India's ban on vaping - when the Indian government has significant interests in a tobacco company...

jaydee81

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on June 01, 2021, 05:49:54 PM
It is a bit optimistic that they'll only have 24 variants. Do they start going on to Arabic letters after that, or use animal emojis?

Eye of Horus variant

thenoise

You can't even say you have a cold any more on case cold people are offended. You literally couldn't make it up.

Echo Valley 2-6809

Can't wait for the hilarious mishearings of the Nu variant.

Pauline Walnuts

µ won't be a big variant when it comes, probably only a millionth of the other ones.

Yeah, I can't get the joke to work, but I've got this far, and it's too late now.

gilbertharding

All named after Lancia cars, so they won't last the winter. /partridge

GMTV

Rho variant will be highly transmissible in dense areas