Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:23:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

James Corden

Started by Leej88, June 01, 2021, 03:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leej88

Anyone else sick of seeing him everywhere Weight Watcher's adverts, Peter Rabbit 2 and The Friends Reunion, and that English accent he puts on for the Americans does my head in.

robhug

if he's not careful he's going to garner a reputation as being something of a twat

Leej88

Did not mind him in Gavin and Stacey but I am sure he put on a fake accent for Doctor Who I might be wrong though.

DJ Bob Hoskins

I've just been watching the Friends special and he's friggin' insufferable.

The Reddit AMA he did in the wake of allegedly lobbying the Writers Guild to pay writers less (on the grounds that it will be too expensive to hire young writers and therefore hamper their careers), was priceless: https://www.eightieskids.com/james-corden-reddit-ama-roasted/

Having said all that, he apparently hates Ricky Gervais so as far as I'm concerned he should be considered an honorary CaB member.

Bad Ambassador

Getting his dad to write in to Mark Kermode to complain about giving Peter Rabbit a bad review.

thenoise

I was tired of his limited shtick 12 years ago. Fuck knows what he is doing still going now. Americans really will lap up any old shit won't they? So long as its British.

Catalogue Trousers

The OP is truly expressing brave, fresh, and controversial opinions here.

Kankurette

His whole shtik is 'lol I'm fat and British'. That's it.

madhair60

Quote from: Catalogue Trousers on June 01, 2021, 04:19:13 PM
The OP is truly expressing brave, fresh, and controversial opinions here.

Classics are classics for a reason mate

PlanktonSideburns

Loved his Gervais impression, gavin and Stacey was decent but fit seems like that was Ruth Jones bringing that. Not arsed about his presenting stuff as its all on things I wouldn't see. Really dislike the whole lol fat thing, both when he does it and people do it to him, a real paucity of compassion and imagination at play there.

Dog Botherer

best i can tell no one in America seems to like him either.

sutin

Duglas from the BMX Bandits really hates him, and he usually doesn't have a bad word to say about anyone...

https://twitter.com/duglaststewart/status/919717540330459136?s=21

https://twitter.com/duglaststewart/status/919723326376947712?s=21

sutin

Also, I know someone who knows someone who was bullied by him at school.

Rizla

Great job as Smitty as Clem Cattini in the Joe Meek film. Really brought the depiction of the nascent british pop music scene alive.

I liked when Patrick Stewart called him an unprofessional fat cunt and he responded by being overbearing and then doing a black man voice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIBUWqSTp90

Alberon

I thought he was okay, until...

Nazi salutes with both hands? That's seriously not on.

frajer

He is what Agent Smith was on about when he described humanity as a disease in The Matrix. He had Fishburne tied to the chair but he was picturing Corden.

Leej88

Americans are idiots they still think British people talk posh we all live in London and drink Tea with the Queen am sick of it.

mippy

Nope, you're definitely the only one who feels this way.

Jockice

Quote from: sutin on June 01, 2021, 04:45:18 PM
Also, I know someone who knows someone who was bullied by him at school.

Bullied? By Duglas? That would take some spectacular wimpery.

Ferris

Quote from: Rizla on June 01, 2021, 04:47:46 PM
Great job as Smitty as Clem Cattini in the Joe Meek film. Really brought the depiction of the nascent british pop music scene alive.

I liked when Patrick Stewart called him an unprofessional fat cunt and he responded by being overbearing and then doing a black man voice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIBUWqSTp90

Christ, that was a tough watch. Touchy prick isn't he?

Jockice

To be fair, they both came across as arseholes.

Kankurette

Quote from: Leej88 on June 01, 2021, 05:53:53 PM
Americans are idiots they still think British people talk posh we all live in London and drink Tea with the Queen am sick of it.
No they don't.

Alberon

No, they think we have wonky teeth, wear bowler hats, talk in a cockney accent and it rains all the time.

Small minded, ten-gallon hat wearing, yee-hawing idiots!

Glebe

Annoying bloke, but he was right to call uber-cunt Bill 'New Rule' Maher out over his fat-shaming piece.

Jake Thingray

Quote from: Leej88 on June 01, 2021, 05:53:53 PM

"Mitchell and Webb do good impressions."

jobotic

What's Duglas' second tweet referring to? What did he do a fake apology for?

badaids

Funny to think that I've been hating Corden for longer than I've been married.

Glebe

Quote from: badaids on June 01, 2021, 07:07:04 PMFunny to think that I've been hating Corden for longer than I've been married.

lipsink

Quote from: jobotic on June 01, 2021, 07:05:10 PM
What's Duglas' second tweet referring to? What did he do a fake apology for?

Think it was his crap Harvey Weinstein jokes he did at some awards ceremony that someone filmed on their phone and went viral.

PlanktonSideburns

We've all been there