Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:34:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Curry Box Conundrum

Started by H-O-W-L, June 02, 2021, 09:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H-O-W-L

Bit of an odd question, but I got one of those boxed curries on reduction from Coop, you know the "meal for two" ready meal kind that has rice and two mains and naan etc. It has the 1st on the front of the box, but inside the box all the individual trays are stamped with their own BBE dates, which range from the 4th to the 8th. Safe to trust those dates, you reckon, or does the box override it somehow?

shiftwork2

Perfectly safe although you do need to reassess your entire life.

alright cheers

H-O-W-L

Quote from: shiftwork2 on June 02, 2021, 09:29:31 AM
you do need to reassess your entire life.

alright cheers

Nothing I don't already know.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Threads with titles you can sing along to to the tune of that bit what is sung directly after the opening declamation of " GOODIES! " on the  1975- 1982 version of opening theme tune to popular comedy series " The Goodies".

Icehaven

Someone's fucked up by putting the 1st on the box by the sound of it, and most fridge stuff is fine for at least a few days after the dates anyway.
That said I did once buy a creamy pasta bake thing that was reduced as the use by date was that day, got it home and opened it and it was completely rancid. Should have taken it back really but who can be bothered.

DrGreggles

Eat the box yesterday. The rest will be fine.

Paul Calf

We ordered loads of raspberries and blackberries from Asda last week [nb]Asda have the best soft fruit of any supermarket in the UK. Their raspberries are sweet and sublime[/nb] and I was heartbroken to discover that every box had mould in it despite all the boxes being well within date.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 02, 2021, 10:40:45 AM
We ordered loads of raspberries and blackberries from Asda last week [nb]Asda have the best soft fruit of any supermarket in the UK. Their raspberries are sweet and sublime[/nb] and I was heartbroken to discover that every box had mould in it despite all the boxes being well within date.

Yeah, I used to do date/stock control (you'll laugh hearing that with what this thread is about, but you know, reassurance of others and that) for Tesco and there was so much moldy shit that was well within date or relatively "fresh" that I had to throw away. Hardly really Tesco's fault, it's just the nightmare that is nature. Puts me off soft fruit though.

Sebastian Cobb

I can't work out if when you get delivery they palm you off with the older/battered shit or it just gets bashed up through manhandling.

Always find a wet, bashed up onion a few days later.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: H-O-W-L on June 02, 2021, 11:26:33 AM
Yeah, I used to do date/stock control (you'll laugh hearing that with what this thread is about, but you know, reassurance of others and that) for Tesco and there was so much moldy shit that was well within date or relatively "fresh" that I had to throw away. Hardly really Tesco's fault, it's just the nightmare that is nature. Puts me off soft fruit though.

I had a summer job strawberry picking once. It was ace; work dead hard in the morning then slope off in to a neighbouring field and smoke a joint, read and listen to my walkman in the afternoon. Anyway, I realised early on that they didn't actually check the strawberries you picked, just weighed the big box, so I'd layer the bottom of the punnets with pebbles.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on June 02, 2021, 11:35:28 AM
I had a summer job strawberry picking once. It was ace; work dead hard in the morning then slope off in to a neighbouring field and smoke a joint, read and listen to my walkman in the afternoon. Anyway, I realised early on that they didn't actually check the strawberries you picked, just weighed the big box, so I'd layer the bottom of the punnets with pebbles.

I bet Fred and Wilma Flintsone were well pissed off with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!$#&¥₩😀😁😂🤣😃😄😅😆😉😊😸😹☻

SECOND EXCELLENT LISA JAMC CONTRIBUTION TO THIS THREAD!

Dex Sawash

Did that with aluminum cans back when you could still gather a useful harvest of them from the roadside. There was a machine on edge of town you dumped them in that weighed them and spit out a handful of coins. I know now that it was probably assuming 40% ballast weight and I was scared to go over about 10% since I didn't want the can bot to be cross with me.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I bet the singer Petri Arlette Reid, who had a big hit with the song " Girlfriend" in 1987 ( later covered by The Beautiful South on their 1989 debut album, of course) wasn't best chuffed with you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@#$%&😀😁😂🤣😃😄😆😆😉😊😸😹☻

GOING FOR THE HAT TRICK!

Icehaven

Quote from: Dex Sawash on June 02, 2021, 11:43:35 AM
Did that with aluminum cans back when you could still gather a useful harvest of them from the roadside. There was a machine on edge of town you dumped them in that weighed them and spit out a handful of coins. I know now that it was probably assuming 40% ballast weight and I was scared to go over about 10% since I didn't want the can bot to be cross with me.

I've found potato sized rocks in bags of potatoes several times because of people like you, you fiends. 

steve98

I had some raspberries from ASDA last week and they were great*; strawberries? That's a different story: borderline mushy. Peaches? Ready To Eat peaches? Fucking awful: rock solid and inedible. ( ASDA's going downhill in the soft fruit division.) And don't get me started on the chops: cut with a fucking BANDSAW! 2 inch fragments of razor-sharp, gum destroying bone floatin' about (what kind of a "butcher" puts racks of lamb through a bandsaw?)

I bet they're gettin' sued to fuck by twats rippin' their gums to fuck. Too fuckin' right.

Blue Jam

Raspberries and blackberries are a minefield and a mould magnet. Best to buy frozen cheapo ones.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Was this curry any good then or what?

chveik

yeah i hate it when people don't give us regular updates on the state of their arses

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: chveik on June 02, 2021, 11:37:53 PM
i hate it when people don't give us regular updates on the state of their arses

Morrissey considers rewrite.

THERE IT IS! ACE LISA POST IN THIS THREAD # 4 !

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 02, 2021, 11:36:49 PM
Was this curry any good then or what?

Yeah the Korma was alright, though very thick. Bombay potatoes were shit. Haven't had the tikka yet, gonna have it tonight. Naan and Bhajis were great though.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

You could probably sing this thread title to the dramatic opening bars of the " News A Ten "theme too, if you appended a " yes it is" to the bars that followed it.

Not going to acknowledge this ' un as the fifth Lisa post to this thread, to be honest with y'awl.

idunnosomename

GOOOOODIES!!!

Curry box conundrum!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 03, 2021, 12:15:38 PM
GOOOOODIES!!!

Curry box conundrum!

Not noticing the first Lisa post on this thread, or actually paying tribute?

I leave it to you, the reader, to decide.

mothman

[tag]rejected Captain Beefheart album titles [/tag]

Fr.Bigley

Buy all your soft fruit/poncey shite wrapped and sealed in plastic babe. They pump that shit full of nitrogen..extends life by a good fivefold.

Fuck the planet. Your berries aren't going to throw themselves out.

Sebastian Cobb

Ever got a gobful of nitrogen when tearing something open with your gob? Tastes funny.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Is it nitrogen though, or the fart gas of a disgruntled employee?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 04, 2021, 01:25:28 AM
Is it nitrogen though, or the fart gas of a disgruntled employee?

I think they save up their farts for when they package frickadellen.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 04, 2021, 01:31:53 AM
I think they save up their farts for when they package frickadellen.

That is a frighteningly accurate description of frikadellen unwrapping.

canadagoose

You got a refund, right? You probably still can if not. They're very quick to issue refunds these days (I always end up with something fousty or broken).