Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:59:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mach-Hommy - Pray For Haiti

Started by The Mollusk, June 02, 2021, 11:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

Yo whats up its ur boy Mollusk once again flinging out the baited hook of hope that we can talk more about new music here.

This is a thread about the excellent new album from rapper Mach-Hommy, whose prior work has been dazzling me for a little while now. I first got into him via the similar artist algorithm when discovering some other very very good hip hop from the likes of Your Old Droog, Tha God Fahim and Quelle Chris. My introduction was the "Wap Konn Joj!" EP which was an immediate eye opener for me, fantastic stuff, hazy (largely drumless) beats floating like Lynchian dreams and Hommy's sedate yet droll flows and occasional forays into viscous, soulful singing all coming together in a glorious whole.

This track, Eedeot Bwoy, was the standout. The sampling is superb, some weird Radiophonic-Workshop-meets-Scooby-Doo vibe, and when the drums kick in after the halfway point I was totally blown away.

Anyway this new album, it might be his strongest work? Mach's braggadocios boasts and wilfully mysterious and playful style totally belies his steady, measured flow and so you really end up hanging on his every word, never quite getting the full picture but being nonetheless enthralled by the whole thing. I have been quite obsessed with this and have been playing it at least once a day over the past week.

Some songs, then:

No Blood No Sweat

Kriminel

Ten Boxes - Sin Eater

jobotic

Will definitely listen later. You posted some ace hip hop a couple of years ago, and I've completely forgotten what it was. Gonna have to trawl. Something where it felt like the beats would kick in any minute but they never did.

edit: think about it I think it was Mach-Hommy

chveik

i've tried but i can't really get into this guy. and i see there are three songs featuring Westside Gunn and his fucking adlibs

quite the worthless post i know

The Mollusk

Quote from: chveik on June 02, 2021, 11:16:28 AM
i've tried but i can't really get into this guy. and i see there are three songs featuring Westside Gunn and his fucking adlibs

quite the worthless post i know

Have you tried simply pulling your self ears together?