Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:18:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stars who bashed their own comedy films.

Started by Leej88, June 02, 2021, 01:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leej88

Exit to Eden as well he has starred in some crap.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

^ Rubbish film, and not funny in the slightest. Fuck you, Jane Straus.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Mister Six on June 03, 2021, 06:03:26 PM
Sorry, I know I keep going in about HIMYM on CaB, but Mrs Six still hasn't finished her marathon run on the show and it's driving me fucking mental overhearing it.

I get the impression that HIMYM is like the American equivalent of Doctors in that you can look on any American actor's IMDB page and it will be in their filmography somewhere.

Never seen it, all I know about it is that it's the entire reason why the character of Mike Ehrmantraut exists.

willbo

Quote from: willbo on June 05, 2021, 04:09:08 AM
Cop Out and Rocky and Bullwinkle

...did Rocky and Bullwinkle both star in Cop Out?

Quote from: Leej88 on June 04, 2021, 05:20:59 PM
James Franco Your Highness it is a bad film with a great cast wasted on bad material.

...... is Lee claiming to be James Franco?

willbo

ha ha no. Cop Out - Bruce Willis/Kevin Smith flop, Rocky and Bull - cartoon adaption flop with De Niro as the villain. Both films hailed as the utter Nadir of their stars and director's careers.

Blue Jam

I thought Robert de Niro had long since stopped giving a fuck about the quality of his work.

Leej88

Robert De Niro stopped giving a crap in 2000.

willbo

Quote from: Leej88 on June 05, 2021, 08:04:27 AM

thats the year R&B came out

jobotic

Quote from: Leej88 on June 05, 2021, 08:04:27 AM

(sings) 'Robert Deniro's coasting, counting his millions....'

Blue Jam

I always assumed there must be an expensive divorce or a bad investment deal behind de Niro's decision to do most of his recent films.

kngen

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 05, 2021, 12:36:45 PM
I always assumed there must be an expensive divorce or a bad investment deal behind de Niro's decision to do most of his recent films.

I think he used to justify them to fund his own passion projects - A Bronx Tale, the Tribeca Film festival etc. I can't help but feel he then thought, 'Wow, this is really easy. And look at all this cash' - and the 'best of intentions' excuse got left by the wayside fairly quickly.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Unger on June 04, 2021, 07:24:02 PM
I seem to remember reading about Michael Richards offering refunds to friends of his who'd paid to see him in Coneheads. Bit weird considering he's barely in the film.

Did nae offer refunds for his Comedy Club performance though, did he!

willbo

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 05, 2021, 04:34:15 PM
Did nae offer refunds for his Comedy Club performance though, did he!

he paid us all back in emotional energy with his grovelling apologies on chat shows

Barney Sloane

Eddie Murphy has slagged off Best Defence on several occasions.

John Cleese has mentioned a couple of times that he thought the ending of Clockwise was a bit shit.

Quote from: Barney Sloane on June 05, 2021, 05:39:28 PM
John Cleese has mentioned a couple of times that he thought the ending of Clockwise was a bit shit.

Has he said anything about all of A Fish Called Wanda being shit?

DrGreggles

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on June 05, 2021, 06:01:01 PM

Or Fierce Creatures? Or is that too indefensible?

McChesney Duntz

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on June 05, 2021, 06:01:01 PM

For fuck's sake...

McChesney Duntz

Hm, well, takes all kinds, I suppose. (Unless it's been subject to some overall cultural/critical revisionism that I've not been aware of.)

lipsink

Quote from: willbo on June 05, 2021, 07:13:47 AM
ha ha no. Cop Out - Bruce Willis/Kevin Smith flop, Rocky and Bull - cartoon adaption flop with De Niro as the villain. Both films hailed as the utter Nadir of their stars and director's careers.

I haven't seen Cop Out but I can't imagine how it could be any worse than North, Four Rooms, A Good Day To Die Hard, Striking Distance, The Jackal , Hudson Hawk or all the other terrible films he's been in (including ones which I've heard are fucking shocking like Color of Night, Bonfire of the Vanities and Air Strike.

McChesney Duntz

Hell, I'll put in a good word for Color of Night. Not a "good" film, per se, but get on its batshit crazy wavelength and you'll enjoy the hell out of it. (Also, Cop Out is really bad, with a Willis performance that's doing-it-for-the-paycheck checked-out even by latter-day Willis standards. Yes, worse than all those other ones you mentioned. Also also, it's probably not the worst thing Kevin Smith ever directed, even so. But that's a whole other can of hockey-jersey-wearing worms.)

lipsink

Doesn't he get his knob out in it? That's something, I suppose.

McChesney Duntz

You do get a fleeting glimpse of Willis' bruce, it's true.

Leej88

Year One is a bad film do not know if any of the castmembers bashed it cause it was Harold Ramis's last film.

lipsink

Kick Ass 2 is sort of a comedy and Jim Carrey bashed it for glorifying violence just before it was released. It's strange: Did he not see Kick Ass 1? He's barely in the fucking thing and it's a pretty dire film anyway but nothing to do with the violence.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: willbo on June 05, 2021, 04:09:08 AM
Rocky and Bullwinkle

I quite enjoyed that, it's a very silly movie but a surprisingly watchable one.