Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:34:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I am an assertive defender, a sentinel, a protector.

Started by holyzombiejesus, June 02, 2021, 05:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on June 03, 2021, 12:50:22 AM
I wonder if the personality test is run by L Ron Hubbard's lot, like the personality tests you get in That London.

As a non-Londoner I once chanced my arm by agreeing to go into their brainquarters on Tottenham Court Road to do their "questionnaire", thinking it might be interesting.
All I remember is a slew of multiple choice questions, a distended anus, and a one-to-one appraisal afterwards where I was told that I was not a very nice person, and had criminal tendencies. A lucky guess, or were they just pissed off that I wouldn't give them my address?

Buelligan

The Bumlord

'Boring cunt'

Bit rude but you can't knock the science.

seepage

Virtuoso ISTP-T, represented by a figure wielding a drill, wrench, and a mallet, which couldn't be any further from the truth.

Icehaven

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on June 03, 2021, 12:50:22 AM
I made it to 30% before going 'sod that'.

I wonder if the personality test is run by L Ron Hubbard's lot, like the personality tests you get in That London.

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on June 03, 2021, 01:42:06 AM
As a non-Londoner I once chanced my arm by agreeing to go into their brainquarters on Tottenham Court Road to do their "questionnaire", thinking it might be interesting.
All I remember is a slew of multiple choice questions, a distended anus, and a one-to-one appraisal afterwards where I was told that I was not a very nice person, and had criminal tendencies. A lucky guess, or were they just pissed off that I wouldn't give them my address?

I did one in that Birmingham years ago, allowed them to usher me into a hotel lobby where I had to hold some metal bar attached to some kind of meter with a needle wobbling across some meaningless numbers. I just did it out of curiosity and can't remember what the questions were or what they decided I was like, but I do remember they couldn't push me out of the door fast enough once it became apparent there was no way I was going to buy a book.

NoSleep

QuoteINTP-A Logician
Albert Einstein, Abed Nadir

Wonderful Butternut

Virtuoso
ISTP-A

QuoteVirtuosos explore ideas through creating, troubleshooting, trial and error and first-hand experience. They enjoy having other people take an interest in their projects and sometimes don't even mind them getting into their space. Of course, that's on the condition that those people don't interfere with Virtuosos' principles and freedom, and they'll need to be open to Virtuosos returning the interest in kind.

Not sure this describes me...

shagatha crustie

ENFP (Turbulent Campaigner). Honestly, the description is bang on in every way, especially the strengths and weaknesses, though I think it's helpful to take this stuff with a healthy dose of salt. The attempts to shoehorn it and similar taxonomies into workplace strategy to help people understand themselves and their colleagues better are laughable.

NoSleep

Quote from: shagatha crustie on June 03, 2021, 10:32:55 AM
ENFP (Turbulent Campaigner). Honestly, the description is bang on in every way, especially the strengths and weaknesses, though I think it's helpful to take this stuff with a healthy dose of salt. The attempts to shoehorn it and similar taxonomies into workplace strategy to help people understand themselves and their colleagues better are laughable.

I remember Derren Brown (or somebody) handing out individual summaries to several people of their personalities based on astrology or similar. Each one of them thought it was a pretty good description of themselves. Then it was revealed that all the summaries were identical.

QuoteMrs O: You have green, scaly skin, and a soft yellow underbelly with a series of fin-like ridges running down your spine and tail. Although lizardlike in shape, you can grow anything up to thirty feet in length with huge teeth that can bite off great rocks and trees. You inhabit arid sub-tropical zones and wear spectacles.

Mrs Trepidatious: It's very good about the spectacles.

Mrs O: It's amazing.

Dex Sawash

Icehaven

I can't be arsed actually doing it but does it say what negative traits you have as well as positive? Because people do have a slight tendency to not recognise themselves quite so strongly by their faults.

pancreas

I'm an ENTJ-A. The J is marginal though. It is difficult to run me through these tests because I represent the best characteristics of all the letters.

Ferris

Quote from: pancreas on June 03, 2021, 11:08:07 AM
I'm an ENTJ-A. The J is marginal though. It is difficult to run me through these tests because I represent the best characteristics of all the letters.

You say that, yet I have the rarest (and therefore best) personality type according to this very scientific test? It actually says in the description "congratulations! You got the best one!" so seems an open and shut case to me.

Re: the title, has anyone done a 'dark knight intro monologue has let itself go' gag yet?

Midas

flotemysost

I think it's helpful to take this stuff with a healthy dose of salt. The attempts to shoehorn it and similar taxonomies into workplace strategy to help people understand themselves and their colleagues better are laughable.

I agree, and personally one context in which I could do with never seeing a Myers-Briggs score again is dating app profiles (I didn't even know what all those letters meant for ages - couldn't figure out if it was like their star sign or nationality or something) - however, from experience the workplace application can be helpful, as long as it's not taken as a be-all-and-end-all.

Specifically, at my workplace a while ago, ahead of our annual performance review, we were encouraged to do all these exercises beforehand to find out about our individual working style, one of them being this test. It was useful for me personally, because for ages one of the senior managers had very obviously written me off as being a quiet nobody who's happy stuck behind a computer not talking to anyone (because he only ever met me in a fortnightly team meeting, and he was an overbearing sexist knob who never let me speak anyway), and so it was useful to have this external affirmation that no, I actually MUCH prefer talking and interacting with people, and doing nothing but monotonous solo desk work is basically my idea of hell.

Sounds silly that I'd need some online gimmicky test to be able to say this, but that twat really wore down my self confidence.

petercussing

I was diagnosed as a "Chunk Watcher", which i know for a fact isn't true.

Zetetic

though I think it's helpful to take this stuff with a healthy dose of salt
The problem - by which I mean the thing about these threads that makes some of us want to insert sharp objects into ourselves - is that "this stuff" isn't one thing.

Something that cobbled together by a couple of blokes who took some nonsense too seriously isn't the same as something put together somewhat systematically and validated to have - for example - at least a minimal chance of giving the same result for most people if you retest them a couple of weeks later (given that we'd expect things like "personality" or "working style" to have some constancy).

(Which isn't intended to overstate the predictive value or interpretability of the latter.)

Video Game Fan 2000

I just did the Cogiati and it told me I was Freddie deBoer.

bomb_dog

If there's no Steam achievements I ain't fucking playing

Dr Rock

I took the Myers-Briggs one recently, and when you have to rate yourself against statements like 'I like helping people' who is going to give themselves bad marks for that? Unless you are very self-aware, and also don't like helping people ever.

Dr Rock

Myers-Briggs said I was a 'deceitful prick' which is probably what everyone gets right?

Tony Tony Tony