Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:02:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Anything Goes Thread #02 (except piss, shit and death)

Started by splattermac, February 29, 2004, 12:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerys

Agh, by all the gods!  Couldn't you have warned us, or something...?!

@ssmaster

Uncle_Z

There is an ever growing population of piccies for sarcastic forum responses, but this one made me smile.

fanny splendid

sproggy

'I'll have my dinner NOW if that's the fuck o.k. with you'

Abbie

Haha, marvellous!  Great caption Sproggers  :-)

sproggy

Quote from: "Abbie"Haha, marvellous!  Great caption Sproggers  :-)

She is good isn't she.  It just screams mayhem doesn't it.  Bit like Mrs sproglet after a couple of snakebites.

@ssmaster

Funky Gibbon

A little creative criticism please. I entered this:

in one of the worth 1000 compos.  The main comment I got was "ew. looks awful!
sorry."
Any ideas why?

Cheese Arse H Christ

Only that it might be where the arm is coming out of the water, the ripples are a bit poo, the perspective and the colours are wonky. the arm itself is great

terminallyrelaxed

The shadow under the arm is a nice touch though, and not overdone...

Funky Gibbon

Quote from: "Cheese Arse H Christ"Only that it might be where the arm is coming out of the water, the ripples are a bit poo, the perspective and the colours are wonky. the arm itself is great

I agree about the ripples. I had trouble with those. Any ideas? As for the perspective and colours, that is just the original photo.

Thanks for the input gentlemen.

Cheese Arse H Christ

Quote from: "Funky Gibbon"
Quote from: "Cheese Arse H Christ"Only that it might be where the arm is coming out of the water, the ripples are a bit poo, the perspective and the colours are wonky. the arm itself is great

I agree about the ripples. I had trouble with those. Any ideas? As for the perspective and colours, that is just the original photo.

I didn't mean the perspective and colour  in general, I meant the ripples don't appear to be on the same plane as the surface of the river, and they aren't dark enough

mook

I notice that the feller who made that comment hasn't actually made any entries in a worth comp, also his voting karma is 0 so I wouldn't be taking much notice of what he's got to say if I was you.

I find that photoshopping water with the exception of adding reflections is a pain in the arse, especially on calm water. If you'd have chosen a different source picture, something slightly choppier you could have just used the liquify tool to stretch the canal up and blend it into the arm.

Anyways, try posting you pic into Critics Corner perhaps someone like DerAlt might read it and give a bit of advice.

Edit to add..

I was bored and couldn't think up any mong ideas of my own so I though I'd have a tinker with yours (oooerrr..etc.)

Anyway I just added this...

to your image, fucked about with curves and levels a bit.

and ended up with this.

I suppose duplicating the layer with the ripples on a couple of times and experimenting with different blend modes it could be made to match in better.

Anyhoo as I said I was bored:-)

@ssmaster

@ssmaster

mr rou-rou

Quote from: "@ssmaster"I'll have the one in the black bra please.

nearly had me there ;)

Fancy her?

Cerys

Quote from: "Funky Gibbon"

For getting ripples on the right plane, I usually set them on a new layer and then distort, squash, and perspectivise them.  I don't know if 'perspectivise' is a word, but you know what I mean.  Any use?

sproggy

wasp_f15ting

Ms sporggie into the ole' home castration thing then?, playing a field were we?

sore bottom mum

Quote from: "sproglette"..... yes it is a real one.

That's not very nice... at all!

sproggy

@ssmaster

sproggy

The most disturbing thought is the girl seems to know just how much daddy likes it.

sore bottom mum

Hairy Chin

smoker

mr rou-rou

a quick way of getting a page full of images, an alternative/parallel to google
http://images.devilfinder.com/

The cult of Shrigley, I think David Shrigley gets a mention in either this thread or the previous anything goes thread

http://www.barbelith.com/topic/15273

I think they have a workable idea, pass it to b3ta and soon you'll have Shrigley like pieces popping up like mushrooms.

He has a very accessible lo-fi style, it's just a bit of silly.

I was expecting his drawings to be more Vic Reeves than they are, sadly they are a bit shit, but I like his humour. I've paid £16 for Vic Reeves' art book sun boiled onions off ebay, so hopefully I'll see that this week.

Funky Gibbon

Thanks for the water tips folks. Excellent job mook.

Might as well post this that I put on b3ta.

I like b3ta but the board itself is horrible.