Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:20:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Intelligence (Nick Mohammed thing for Sky)

Started by Blue Jam, June 02, 2021, 10:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Nick Mohammed wrote a thing for Sky. It's about GCHQ and features David Schwimmer as a hotshot NSA type sweeping in to help the hapless Brits. Mandy the ball-busting Tory PR from The Thick Of It is also in it.

I am watching this now on Now TV and quite enjoying it. Would recommend so far.

Mobius

Yeah I quite enjoyed this, nowt amazing but enjoyable enough.

I watched this around the same time as that Daniel Mays & Stephen Graham comedy Code 404, and preferred Intelligence.

Des Wigwam

I am ignoring the necro-warning as I don't think 2 posts is going to be too confusing.

Just got Now TV and thought I'd give it a go. I quite like. It's snappy and Ross has shown himself to be the funniest Friend in the long run (RIP Chandler). I think Nick Mohammed is a naturally funny person and the rest of the cast are good. I love how low energy it is. David Schwimmer swearing - basically saying "Fucking hell" as reaction pieces - is surprisingly enjoyable.

Only misstep is having part of his character as a sex pest - it feels very clunky and unpleasant rather than funny.

Surprised there's not a bigger thread about it. Did it get a second series? Am 3/4 of the way through and not sure it warrants one but who knows?

Bad Ambassador

There was a second series that started just after the thread was last posted in, then a double-length finale earlier this year. It's pretty funny. Nothing amazing to write home about, but it never outstays its welcome.