Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:50:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Puss 'n' Boots in Sparky comic in 1970s

Started by Phoenix Lazarus, June 03, 2021, 07:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Was anyone else a fan of this?  It was about a feuding cat and dog and was my favourite-ever comic strip. There was such a gloriously anything-goes feel to the strip with a lot of manically surreal content that I'd say was definitely influenced by the Goodies, which was also popular at that time.  The artwork was brilliant.

Keebleman

I only had the Sparky annuals, but they were definitely a cut above the rest of the DC Thompson stable.  I remember Puss n Boots as being impressively violent.  Baron von Reichs-Pudding was a good one too.

Quote from: Keebleman on June 03, 2021, 04:57:32 PM
I only had the Sparky annuals, but they were definitely a cut above the rest of the DC Thompson stable. 

The others from the DC Thomson stable seemed stuck in the 50s to a large extent.  Sparky seemed very 70s by comparison.

A reminder of the wonderful wackiness that was Puss 'n' Boots

Dropshadow

Yes! I used to love this strip. Fast, violent and very "adult". I thought. The first joke I ever laid down in long-term memory came from it: one of them gets hold of a decoy duck and says "this should be good with some decoy chips".