Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:30:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

bad jokes in the classic Simpsons era

Started by madhair60, June 03, 2021, 03:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leej88

I always found the Mel Gibson episode self-important and obviously kissing Mel's arse at any time.

JamesTC

The Shary Bobbins episode is a classic. The opening third is one of the strongest in the shows run. Had me hurting from laughter when I rewatched it a few months back.

• Krusty Komedy Klassic
  • The dog attacking Krusty's nose which looks like the red ball it is trained to get
  • Grandpa using the remote and then the iron as a phone
  • Mad About Shoe ("You're not going to like out NYPD Shoe sketch. It's the same thing")
  • Former President Gerald Ford: BORING!
  • Marge with Homer's hair
  • "I'll take up smoking and give it up" "Good for you son"
  • "The south shall come again!"
  • "Wait a minute Marge, I saw Mrs Doubtfire. This is a man in drag!"
  • ♪ MIGHT I ADD-- NO FAT CHICKS ♪

neov1974

add in "so you work for Carl eh? to the Shary Bobbins episode good bits

For clunkers, literally a significant majority of Groundskeeper Willie is subpar, even in the classic era, barely ever funny

madhair60

Hi - i fucking love classic Simpsons. it's the best thing ever. I'm just curious what people personally didn't think landed, because it's rarely talked about. that's all. settle down you dumb bitches.

Leej88

Lunchlady Doris you got any grease?
Yes, yes we do
Then grease me up Woman.
Okie dokie

markburgle

Quote from: neov1974 on June 05, 2021, 08:24:32 PM
add in "so you work for Carl eh? to the Shary Bobbins episode good bits

For clunkers, literally a significant majority of Groundskeeper Willie is subpar, even in the classic era, barely ever funny

Principal Skinner: Willie, go into the vent and get him.
Groundskeeper Willie: What!? Have ye gone waxy in yer beester? I canna fit in a wee vent, ye croquet-playin' mint-muncher!
Principal Skinner: Grease yourself up and go in, you... guff-speaking work-slacker.
Groundskeeper Willie: Ooh. Good comeback.

Defense rests.

JamesTC

Video Game Fan 2000

Video Game Fan 2000

When you're alone,
And life is getting you lonely,
Ye kin always go,
Ach! Doontoon!

Jerzy Bondov

Oh there you go, that's my contribution to this thread: "cheese-eating surrender monkeys". Not funny.

Mark X

"Brothers and sisters are natural enemies, like Englishmen and Scots. Or Welshmen and Scots. Or Japanese and Scots. Or Scots and other Scots. Damn Scots! They ruined Scotland!"

idunnosomename

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on June 06, 2021, 08:32:00 AM
Oh there you go, that's my contribution to this thread: "cheese-eating surrender monkeys". Not funny.
the idea that Willie has been roped in to teach French is quite funny though. Even though we can't expect Americans to know about the Auld Alliance and that Francophobia is really an English thing.