Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:59:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Veggies

Started by touchingcloth, June 03, 2021, 09:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Adults talking about veggies.

I always make sure I eat lots of fresh fruit and veggies.

Love veggies, I eat at least five portions a day.

Tonight we're having chicken with some lovely veggies on the side.

Fall into a maelstrom cunt

Dex Sawash

falafel

mothman

I fucking hate the word veggies. But even worse is the way they spell it in New Zealand...

Veges.

FUCKING VEGES.

Veges

The illiterate antipodean CUNTS. No word of a lie, it's the reason I changed my mind about emigrating there. No fucking way was I spending the rest of my life there and having to be confronted by that whenever I passed a grocery store.

bgmnts

Quote from: mothman on June 03, 2021, 09:37:43 PM
I fucking hate the word veggies. But even worse is the way they spell it in New Zealand...

Veges.

FUCKING VEGES.

Veges

The illiterate antipodean CUNTS. No word of a lie, it's the reason I changed my mind about emigrating there. No fucking way was I spending the rest of my life there and having to be confronted by that whenever I passed a grocery store.

Didn't stop you emigrating to the States!!

mothman

I had a nonstandard upbringing. There are occasional Americanisms that creep in.

sevendaughters

mmm nommie veggies

bgmnts

Strangely, the best veggie is actually fungi.

The mushroom is the king of all.

Butchers Blind

Veggies are good... just make sure you have a lovely bit of meat to go with them.

Icehaven

I recently discovered red cabbage and wonder where it's been all my life. It tastes lovely, stays nice and crunchy when you steam it and even turns the water a beautiful purple-blue (although it stains like hell.)

Tony Tony Tony

Never mind your Veggie scoffing types.

What about your fish eating pescatarian buggers.

Peskys FFS

flotemysost

Veges.

FUCKING VEGES.

I... I've been guilty of spelling it this way. Not talking about vegetables though - talking about being vegetarian. "Vegeburger" seems like a fair enough spelling, and in my mind for some reason it was always a description of the demographic that the burger was aimed at, not the content of the burger (which definitely doesn't always feature much variety in the way of vegetables, at least not the standard mushy potato patty of the 90s).

Also "tele" rather than "telly", I'm not sure which one I'd root for. I normally say TV anyway, but "telly" looks a bit soft and wriggly for such a hard, angular object.

touchingcloth

Veges.

FUCKING VEGES.

Veges

They call all sweets "lollies". Not just the ones on sticks, but Chewits would be lollies to a Kiwi, and probably Revels too the bunch of baggins bastards.

touchingcloth

Quote from: flotemysost on June 03, 2021, 10:01:04 PM
I... I've been guilty of spelling it this way. Not talking about vegetables though - talking about being vegetarian. "Vegeburger" seems like a fair enough spelling, and in my mind for some reason it was always a description of the demographic that the burger was aimed at, not the content of the burger (which definitely doesn't always feature much variety in the way of vegetables, at least not the standard mushy potato patty of the 90s).

Also "tele" rather than "telly", I'm not sure which one I'd root for. I normally say TV anyway, but "telly" looks a bit soft and wriggly for such a hard, angular object.

Get out the thread.

imitationleather

I like vegetables... But I couldn't eat a whole one!!!

Dex Sawash

Spanish version is best, vegetal. Cut out the middle man hombre.

Captain Z

Heckin' peng veggoes

mothman

Quote from: touchingcloth on June 03, 2021, 10:09:09 PM
Get out the thread.

Seconded. Or maybe one-point-fived, don't find "vegeburger" too offensive as the portmanteauing softens it. But anyone who says "tele" instead of "telly" is a wrong'un.

And he wouldn't like it.

The Mollusk

Absolute vedgend mate

flotemysost

Quote from: Captain Z on June 03, 2021, 11:02:40 PM
Heckin' peng veggoes

coocumber
cabij
cemlery

OK I really am leaving now. I'm sorry.

Rizla

Americans. To them "veggies" means a frozen mixed bag of all bits of carrot, cauliflower, spinach and that sort of thing. They buy it from the "store", in the "frozen produce aisle". Then ask if you want "tater tots or veggies" with your "sloppy joe". The awful cunts don't know what food is.

mothman

And their recipes! "Add one quart Klansman brand kosher cilantro." One quart? That seems a lot. Does it need to be Klansman brand? Never seen that in Sainsbury's. And call it coriander, you zucchini-addled simpletons.

chveik

thenoise

All about the salads at this time of year, and don't mean a fancy one either. Lettuce, spinach, peppers, grated carrot, cucumber, baby tomatoes. Bit of crusty bread and soft cheese and that's lunch sorted without getting all hot and sweaty and heating the house up.

Buelligan

Vadge repels me too.

And doggo, as in, to lie doggo - absolute fine.  Say doggo when you mean dog - utterly rebarbative, men or women who do it need to go to big school.

Attila

My best friend was married to an absolute creep (was, in that she's now passed on, rather than happily divorced from that dickwank) who is one of these people who refuses to eat any vegetables, at all, because of the texture/the taste/they make him gag, &c. This is a dude who would eat green candy and insist that it counted as his vegetable ration for the day. He wasn't joking.

But yeah, I'd go to stay with her for a few days a couple times a year, and she was a terrific cook. He wouldn't eat any of it. A grown man who was on a diet of breakfast cereal, 'chicken tenders', and other junkfood.

More vegetables for me, then.

Dr Rock

I call them 'tables'. My lingo is basically the opposite of what Australians would say, which  makes sense when you think about it.

bakabaka

Quote from: Buelligan on June 04, 2021, 05:58:08 AM
And doggo, as in, to lie doggo - absolute fine.  Say doggo when you mean dog - utterly rebarbative, men or women who do it need to go to big school.
This. Sitting in the pub and the conversation turns to "doggos" and suddenly you feel like you're babysitting a bunch of pre-schoolers.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: imitationleather on June 03, 2021, 10:10:54 PM
I like vegetables... But I couldn't eat a whole one!!!

Swish!

Not huge on veggies but try and force a few portions in everyday because I don't want to die. It's more difficult when you have sketti bolognese for din like I did last night. How do you have veggies then?

Dunno.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Dex Sawash on June 03, 2021, 10:11:13 PM
Spanish version is best, vegetal. Cut out the middle man hombre.

Yeah what do tables have to do with vege? It's a bit odd. You put the vege on the table I suppose.