Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:09:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pun Lovers Gift

Started by Tony Tony Tony, June 04, 2021, 05:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Tony Tony

From The Grauniad...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jun/02/english-road-left-looking-like-a-horror-film-after-tomato-puree-spillage

Fill yer boots pun lovers.

QuoteSeveral people made light of the spill, with one tweeting: "I went pasta that. Took a while for the traffic to ketchup."
Another joked: "And I imagine when it does reopen cars will have to passata slow speed?" Others said it was fortunate that the crash didn't take place at Spaghetti Junction.

Edit: My best effort 'several other drivers were caught up in the accident. They were described as uninjured but red faced'

steve98

Yeah but that's changing reality, isn't it? Your Edit? Because no other drivers were involved (and got red faces) , were they? None at all.
It's easy to make puns around a situation if you're allowed to willy-nilly fabricate bits of the situation... yeah? So, I'll make a pun about the spilled puree, if that's what you want, but I'll stick with the facts. Right then, pun comin' up.

zomgmouse

Don't wish to have a vine but that road's in no condition for people to roma round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mobius

Oh this is ripe for humour

Tony Tony Tony

bakabaka

Johnny Yesno

Captain Z

Sounds like those elephants had got the hump!

BlodwynPig

2nd thread on this now.

Glebe

Something for Gigantic Chip Man to dip into!

touchingcloth

Bet the driver yelped "marzaaaaaaanoooooooooooo!" when the spill happened!!

Fambo Number Mive

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: touchingcloth on June 06, 2021, 06:05:53 PM
Bet the driver yelped "marzaaaaaaanoooooooooooo!" when the spill happened!!

"Oh the Parmagianity"

Hand Solo

I hope whoever wrote this article checked their sauces.

Video Game Fan 2000

Why don't they get SUPER MARIO to clean it up

Dr Rock

I hear the problem was the driver was over-tired as he had to get up at POTATO CLOCK. (Sometimes you might have potatoes and tomatoes eg patatas bravas)

TrenterPercenter

I heard someone talking about this and saying it was all down to drivers not being able to CONCENTRATE on the road.

El Unicornio, mang

It caused a lot of traffic delay, motorists had to catch up (ketchup)

Video Game Fan 2000

The alarm went off on the driver's pomodoro.

Dex Sawash

TrenterPercenter

"One passenger, Mary (26) was pulled from wreckage with a stick of celery poking out of one nostril"

steve98

Quote from: Dr Rock on June 06, 2021, 07:00:06 PM
I hear the problem was the driver was over-tired as he had to get up at POTATO CLOCK. (Sometimes you might have potatoes and tomatoes eg patatas bravas)

I wish more people were like you Rock, and offered an exclamation of what their puns/jokes mean, if they're a bit obscure. Well done.

Dr Rock

Yes, then everyone can join in on the giggles and larks.

Captain Z

The road has now fully reopened to traffic!

Hand Solo

Apparently the recipe for the sauce was the Intellectual Property of a trendy new brand.

Hip IP Purée.

flotemysost

Ground (loses) Control to Major (spillage of) Tom(atoes)

Dr Rock

The driver seemed badly injured, but bravely told onlookers 'OLIVE' ('I'll live' = olive oil was also involved in the spillage)

Hand Solo

There was a FORK in the ROAD