Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:28:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pun Lovers Gift

Started by Tony Tony Tony, June 04, 2021, 05:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flotemysost

Why did a lorry driver crash on the A14 on Tuesday?
He was attempting tomato himself.

What did the police say to the driver when investigating his records?
We can see that you're ragu'd driver!!!

Video Game Fan 2000

Did he gnocci where he was going?
Now there's sauce on all in sundry.

Icehaven

It takes all and sundried.

Hand Solo

The driver was suffering from ROAD RAGU¡!!!!!!!!¡

Quote from: Hand Solo on June 06, 2021, 08:48:03 PM
The driver was suffering from ROAD RAGU¡!!!!!!!!¡

He must have felt a right PLUMB 🤪

Mr Banlon

Road closed for long period

Hand Solo

Perhaps after the accident the driver started angrily beating his vehicle with a branch like BASIL from THE FAWLTY TOWERS hahaha because they put that in sauce too don't they!!!!

Video Game Fan 2000

[driver breaking his spine in horrific road accident] Tomat-OW!

Video Game Fan 2000

Tell my widow I loved puns.

Dr Rock

The driver, despite his earlier lust for life, is now sadly a vegetable. [nb]
https://www.britannica.com/story/is-a-tomato-a-fruit-or-a-vegetable#:

Tomatoes are fruits that are considered vegetables by nutritionists. Botanically, a fruit is a ripened flower ovary and contains seeds. Tomatoes, plums, zucchinis, and melons are all edible fruits, but things like maple "helicopters" and floating dandelion puffs are fruits too. For some reason, people got hung up on tomatoes, but the "fruit or vegetable" question could also work for any vegetable with seeds.

Now, nutritionally, the term "fruit" is used to describe sweet and fleshy botanical fruits, and "vegetable" is used to indicate a wide variety of plant parts that are not so high in fructose. In many cultures, vegetables tend to be served as part of the main dish or side, whereas sweet fruits are typically snacks or desserts. Thus, roots, tubers, stems, flower buds, leaves, and certain botanical fruits, including green beans, pumpkins, and of course tomatoes, are all considered vegetables by nutritionists. There is no hard-and-fast rule that clearly designates a botanical fruit as a vegetable, but, given that tomatoes are generally not used in desserts and are closely related to other fruit-vegetables (e.g., eggplants and peppers), it is not too counterintuitive for tomatoes to be classified as vegetables.[/nb]

Steven88

Did the truck get TOMATOWED away?

Hand Solo

Apparently the CRIMSON COLOURED HAULAGE VEHICLE carrying the tomato-based cooking product crashed into an AMBER HUED FREIGHT TRUCK carrying a mustard-based condiment coming the other way.

Witnesses asked to make a statement were not forthcoming.

Captain Z

You might even say that a lorry crashed, spilling tomato puree all over the road.

bomb_dog

Wonder if the driver has crossed the channel from the condiment?

flotemysost

Looters arriving at the scene were in a plum position to cherry-pick their choice of heirlooms.

Not a pun, but how fucking hardcore looking is this variety, which goes by the rather erotic name of Kumato:

A spillage of these bad boys would be pure Gothic drama (also, puns about mopping up cum)

steve98

A Health & Safety officer offered advice to anyone transporting tomatoes (or other soft-fruit) this Summer: "Keep them in a punnet". Adding "'If you'll excuse the pun."

zomgmouse

one witness was a............ Black Russian (type of tomato)

Video Game Fan 2000

"Warrghhgh harrr harr harr harr" - Captain Beefsteak Tomato, sole eye witness.

zomgmouse

"I seed it with my own eyes"

Dr Rock

The driver said that because of this he would be 'in the shit'. (Where tomatoes grow)

Icehaven

Apparently the remaining Chuckle Brother drove past and shouted "tomato you".

zomgmouse

Quote from: icehaven on June 07, 2021, 07:10:16 AM

Joe Dolce was also heard to remark "What's tomato you... passata you face"

Glebe

The police put traffic cones around the spill, but some joker took off with one!

kittens

one could almost have perhaps said upon this circumstance that in their opinion and of course as a matter of hard fact that when it comes down to it and at the end of the day the ultimate result of this unfortunate and lamentable situation was that a vast quantity of tomato-based paste got absolutely everywhere or, at least, covered a fairly large section of road before being cordoned off and presumably cleaned up by the relevant public services.

zomgmouse

this has really broken my truss

Dex Sawash

The accident site is a toucan crossing.(#2 can is a common size for foods such as tomatoes)

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: icehaven on June 07, 2021, 07:10:16 AM

I heard the fictional character Victor Meldrew drove past and shouted "I don't believe it!" because his wife Margeret made a very apt pun about tomato sauce when she saw it.

Captain Z

That's another vine tomatoes mess you've gotten us into.

Petey Pate

Making jokes about this event really is low hanging fruit.

Glebe