Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:06:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

WimbleWrong 2021: Round One Draw

Started by Spoon of Ploff, June 04, 2021, 01:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoon of Ploff

Hello and welcome to Round One of the 2021 WimbleWrong the image manipulation for merriment competition now in its nth year.

First, a reminder of the rules:

Quote1. Each match will consist of two shots per player, except the final in which there are three shots per player.

2. The player with the opening shot (i.e. the server) can put what they want in their picture.  But all subsequent pictures (i.e the return) must contain, either visually or conceptually, an element of the previous picture.

3. The pictures will be 800 x 600, or 600 x 800 pixels in size, and must be still images.

4. Voting will take place by posting the name of your favourite in the game thread immediately after play has ended (i.e. when the 4th picture of each match has been posted).  The voting will last for 48 hours. In the event of a tie after the voting period has passed, the voting time will be extended by 12 hours, and if after that there is no winner, the next player to get a vote will win the tie.

5. Common sense prevails in image choice.

6. Pictures can be uploaded to places like imgur for those who have no webspace, but the picture must be displayed in the game thread.

7. In some cases it is necessary for one or more high-scoring losers to progress to the next round. High-scoring losers are simply those who get the most votes out of all the losing players in the round. If it comes down to two players who have the same number of votes, the player who lost by the smaller margin will progress as the high-scoring loser.

And a reminder of time permitted:  You have 72 hours to post an image from when the round starts or from when the last shot has been posted. Keep a look out on your game for when your opponent posts their shot, as it's from that time that the 72 hours start.

And now.. here is the draw:

zomgmouse v Old Thrashbarg

Paul Calf v machotrouts

idunnosomename v touchingcloth

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien v BlodwynPig

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse v the gingeralien

madhair60 v Mr Farenheit

rue the polywhirl v Cerys

DoesNotFollow v cUnT-CrAzY

Dr Trouser v Lordofthefiles

Bald Bold types to serve.

Along with the nine winners, one least worst loser will be added to the draw for the next round. Good luck everyone!

Lordofthefiles

Cripes!

Some big first round match ups here.

Good luck everyone, and cheers for organisising it all S'Ploff

Ferris

idunnosomename

Just to confirm that my thinking hat is officially on

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

GoblinAhFuckScary

BlodwynPig

Eh? ! Oh christ. I have a week off. Expect a devastatingly limp return

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Any chance I can swap my draw as I'm working everyday over the weekend and also have stinking ear infection. That's if Blodwyn doesn't mind.

Spoon of Ploff

If Blodwyn is okay with that then its all good.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

But if not I'll try and get something out in the evenings. Actually might be farting something out now. Hold fire.

touchingcloth

Thanks for arranging, S'ploff, a shame we won't see you or Selected Mammaries playing this time.

Paul Calf

Shit. I'm really sorry but I got caught up in work bollocks which is going to see me working all weekend and most hours of the week so I'm going to have to drop out. Is there a reserve?

Abject apologies to machotrouts, Sploff and everyone else

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 05, 2021, 09:29:14 PM
Shit. I'm really sorry but I got caught up in work bollocks which is going to see me working all weekend and most hours of the week so I'm going to have to drop out. Is there a reserve?

Abject apologies to machotrouts, Sploff and everyone else

No worries. Fr.Bigley expressed an interest, i'll see if they want to take your spot.

Spoon of Ploff

Fr.Bigley replaces Paul Calf, so the match becomes

Fr. Bigley v machotrouts

Paul Calf

Thanks Spoonage and Fr. Bigley. Apols again. I'm working  14-day straight and I don't think I'd be able to meet my WW commitments.

Spoon of Ploff

It looks like Imgur is down at the moment. Probably due to an infestation of Wrongs clogging up their pipes... Hopefully this condition is very temporary.

touchingcloth

7. In some cases it is necessary for one or more high-scoring losers to progress to the next round. High-scoring losers are simply those who get the most votes out of all the losing players in the round. If it comes down to two players who have the same number of votes, the player who lost by the smaller margin will progress as the high-scoring loser.

On the bolded bit, do "I can't decide" votes get counted at no points per player, or one each? Asking because that seems to have been a more common vote this year than previous, and really split votes ought to count for something because they generally mean that both players are good rather than unvotably awful.

Spoon of Ploff

The round one matches are complete. you all did very well. the results are as follows:

Quotezomgmouse 11 v Old 4 Thrashbarg

Fr. Bigley v machotrouts

idunnosomename 4  v 16  touchingcloth

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien 19  v  5 BlodwynPig 

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse 7 v  19  the gingeralien

madhair60 5  v  14 Mr Farenheit

rue the polywhirl 4 v Cerys 13

DoesNotFollow  18  v  -  cUnT-CrAzY

Dr Trouser 18 v 5 Pijlstaart

The final slot for round 2 goes to Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse .

The draw will be made and posted at 1PM UK time tomorrow.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Woo I fail into the second round again!

chveik

5 games? you're going to have a problem with your draw at some point

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: chveik on June 17, 2021, 07:21:09 PM
5 games? you're going to have a problem with your draw at some point

nope