Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,310
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:40:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pick up truck retaliation

Started by confettiinmyhair, June 04, 2021, 05:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
A bizarre local newspaper article. Yesterday a truck was pictured with a distasteful image of a kidnapped woman painted on the back. Today, a member of the public sees the truck and decides to vandalize it with pink hairspray. Do two wrongs make a right?
https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/vandal-attack-on-pickup-with-kidnapped-woman-image-8026866

Echo Valley 2-6809

Good on her.

That letter from PC Savage is laughably shit.

PlanktonSideburns

Little wanker needs his windows smashing up

Dr Trouser

The driver is clearly a legend Gary edge lord, but hasn't broken any laws.

She has.

Buelligan

Owner's a horrible little cunt who has called something to him that, I'm sure if he'd given it any thought, he'd much prefer did not answer.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on June 04, 2021, 05:37:34 PM
That letter from PC Savage is laughably shit.

I thought he got transferred to the SPG?

Fambo Number Mive

According to the linked story, Norfolk Police are investigating the truck and its image as a hate crime.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Dr Trouser on June 04, 2021, 05:47:55 PM

She has.

Then the law is an ass.

bakabaka

So if you had a picture (on the back of your van) of a naked man with his cock and balls cut off, just the bleeding stump left, that would be ok because it isn't showing genitalia?

Seems unlikely, but the logic seems to match.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Dr Trouser on June 04, 2021, 05:47:55 PM

She has.

Give over.

BlodwynPig

Ive got a picture of Dr Trouser bound and gagged in a gimp suit painted on my mobility scooter. Law says you cannot even tut in my direction. Propertttttyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Icehaven

Is the letter in that article written by a human? If I were her I'd just say I didn't understand what the fuck they were trying to say and get them to rewrite it a million times. You'd probably be long dead by the time they got it to anything like intelligible English.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

"This is not okay" is such a weak tag. Why not "Bollocks"?

Sebastian Cobb

What twat took it upon themselves to nark on the person doing it though?

touchingcloth

I sprayed "dude, not cool. Weak." on the inside of one of gas chambers at Auschwitz, and somehow this was seen as not OK?

mothman

Icehaven

Won't pink hairspray just wash right off? Does that really count as criminal damage any more than doing a chalk drawing on the pavement?

Edit: Yes it even says in the article that the woman that did it used hairspray as she knew it would wipe off. The police need to arrest themselves for wasting police time on this.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: icehaven on June 05, 2021, 11:43:53 AM
Won't pink hairspray just wash right off? Does that really count as criminal damage any more than doing a chalk drawing on the pavement?

Edit: Yes it even says in the article that the woman that did it used hairspray as she knew it would wipe off. The police need to arrest themselves for wasting police time on this.
Yeah how is this different from writing in dust or dirt on a van?

Dex Sawash

Do not fuck with Banksy's truck

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: icehaven on June 05, 2021, 11:43:53 AM

I quite agree, but isn't it also the case that technically a chalk drawing on the pavement is criminal damage?

I seem to remember a shop owner last year got done (or was threatened to get done) for criminal damage because he stuck tape markers on the pavement outside his shop, two metres apart, to indicate CoViD-safe queuing distances.

Buelligan

I hope the owner has proof of age of the person pictured bound and gagged.  It would be dreadful if anyone thought he was a NONCE and not just a normal decent red-blooded man.

Zetetic

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on June 05, 2021, 04:31:43 PM
I quite agree, but isn't it also the case that technically a chalk drawing on the pavement is criminal damage?
Maybe.

CPS abandoned a stupid case in Bristol in 2009.

QuoteCoViD
Glad to see someone else keeping the faith on this orthographical arrangement.

Icehaven

Possibly, but I've never heard of anyone being contacted by the police about it. I'm wondering if the police contacted her without realising (or being told) that it was hairspray and not paint.

I seem to remember a shop owner last year got done (or was threatened to get done) for criminal damage because he stuck tape markers on the pavement outside his shop, two metres apart, to indicate CoViD-safe queuing distances.

Eh? But pretty much all shops did that and still are? You'd be more likely to be done for not doing it.

St_Eddie

Gurke and Hare

CPS page about criminal damage: https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/criminal-damage

Meaning of Damage

Damage is not defined by the Act. It should be widely interpreted to include not only permanent or temporary physical harm, but also permanent or temporary impairment of value or usefulness - Morphitis v. Salmon [1990] Crim.L.R 48.

Any alteration to the physical nature of the property concerned may amount to damage within the meaning of the section. The courts have construed the term liberally and included damage that is not permanent such as smearing mud on the walls of a police cell. Where the interference amounts to an impairment of the value or usefulness of the property to the owner, then the necessary damage is established - R v Whiteley [1991] 93 CAR 25.

So this is temporary damage I suppose.

bakabaka

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on June 05, 2021, 08:44:22 PM
CPS page about criminal damage: https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/criminal-damage

So this is temporary damage I suppose.
"temporary impairment of value or usefulness"
I'd be surprised if they could prove that it was less useful with pink hairspray on it. Similarly its value appears to be simply shock value, which is only slightly lessened by pink text over the top.

JaDanketies

the only reason I can imagine that the cops would waste time on someone spraying hairspray on a pick-up truck (when they "can't afford to" investigate burglaries) is because it's a copper's pick-up truck.