Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:51:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glin's Slide No. 9: TransIXclusionary

Started by madhair60, June 05, 2021, 10:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on June 08, 2021, 07:37:08 PM
I should also point out that Loki turned into a mare to lure away a stallion who was busy building a massive wall for the gods, and the stallion's owner had been promised Freya's hand in marriage if he could complete the wall in X no. of days. This was how Loki decided to thwart the guy. Lure the stallion away for an exhausting night of horse sex.

Yeah, Loki's got form for assuming female form to thwart the gods' plans. Like when Baldur got killed (which he of course also had a hand in), and he dressed up as an old crone and, as the only living thing on Earth, refused to mourn him, thus preventing his return from Hel.

Quote from: Kankurette on June 08, 2021, 07:55:30 PMIt was Thor I was referring to but yeah, that was the one I was thinking of and I'd forgotten the bit about Mjolnir, so thanks!

Ah, sorry. Reading it again I see that you were referring to Thor, not Loki.

EDIT: Curse you, new Norse mythology page!

Dr Rock

Marvel's first genderfluid character was Cloud, who appeared in The Defenders in 1983.

idunnosomename

oh there was a gross TERFy bit this morning on Radio 4 Today where Justin Webb was talking to a Pink News guy who said "gender critical is just a polite way of saying transphobic" and Webb came back immediately "that isn't true and you know it". When he said "neither of us are trans" Webb came back with "you don't know anything about me".

It was the most aggressive interview I've heard on the programme. If only they were like that to Nigel Farage like a decade ago eh? fuck I hate the BBC. put it in the bin and burn it.

mjwilson

Quote from: Sex Festival Organizer on June 08, 2021, 06:44:00 PM
Yes, except it wasn't a banquet, but a wedding (which of course also has banquets, but he didn't cross-dress to stuff his face). Also, the main cross-dresser was Thor, who dressed up as a bride to get his mighty hammer back from some horny jötunn, who had stolen it. Loki only tagged along and cross-dressed as a bridesmaid for his own amusement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Þrymskviða (damn Icelandic special characters! You'll just have to copy and paste.)

How about this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%9Erymskvi%C3%B0a

Edit: Yep, seems to work. Click away.

phes

Quote from: damien on June 08, 2021, 08:45:50 PM
Petition to remove him from Substack

https://twitter.com/_banquos_ghost_/status/1402348766171176964?s=21

As if he wasn't already slowly sharting himself to death at his desk over having to shut his carbonarahole about the MM case. How much more can this man take before he has a stroke

canadagoose

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 08, 2021, 08:59:47 PM
It was the most aggressive interview I've heard on the programme. If only they were like that to Nigel Farage like a decade ago eh? fuck I hate the BBC. put it in the bin and burn it.
Yeah, it's funny how they can be as aggressive as they can to trans-positive people, but they just go "hmm, interesting" when they get some fascist prick on the show. Fed up of the BBC. Shiteshow of a broadcaster.

Kankurette

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 08, 2021, 08:59:47 PM
oh there was a gross TERFy bit this morning on Radio 4 Today where Justin Webb was talking to a Pink News guy who said "gender critical is just a polite way of saying transphobic" and Webb came back immediately "that isn't true and you know it". When he said "neither of us are trans" Webb came back with "you don't know anything about me".

Oh, so THAT'S why it was trending on Mumsnet.

And yet people will continue to insist the BBC is woke because they saw a black person on it once.

idunnosomename

Benjamin Cohen, CEO of Pink News. I saw what he was trying to do, make it all very straightforward calling-out, but he clearly wasn't ready for the host to do the same thing and pull out an attack-helicopter level line.

the other day Lionel Shriver was on Start the Week. Just a fucking filofax of dullards and cunts the BBC is now. except for John Finnemore and Ed Reardon's Week. but im sure they and things like Inside No. 9 could easily find a supporter outside of the Oxbridge circle jerk of execs

Milo

I should also point out that Loki turned into a mare to lure away a stallion who was busy building a massive wall for the gods, and the stallion's owner had been promised Freya's hand in marriage if he could complete the wall in X no. of days. This was how Loki decided to thwart the guy. Lure the stallion away for an exhausting night of horse sex.

Yep, literally got him too shagged out to finish the wall.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Now remember that somebody made that story up. And people told it to each other. Repeatedly. And wrote it down.

Mister Six

And then, IIRC, gave birth to an eight-legged horse child.

Don't know why he bothered - how's a horse going to build a wall?

Quote from: Mister Six on June 08, 2021, 11:35:28 PM
Don't know why he bothered - how's a horse going to build a wall?
Oh it was building the wall already. That's why the rest of the gods were panicking, they were going to have to marry Freya off to this guy (who turned out to be a giant). They decided this was all Loki's fault and told him to do something about it.

tomasrojo

On In Our Time about the Icelandic sagas they said, IIRC, that Freya's suitor was building the wall, against overwhelming odds by dint of the marvellous horse the gods knew nothing about when they agreed he could marry Freya on completion of the wall on time. So they had to sabotage his efforts.

Edit: Didn't see post above this before I wrote that.

Barry Admin

Marion Millar has locked her account again, after it was pointed out that telling another woman to "wheesht" wasn't great for her merch or brand in general:

https://mobile.twitter.com/millar_marion/status/1402177073494495232

Mister Six

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on June 08, 2021, 11:44:51 PM
Oh it was building the wall already.

With hooves? I'm starting to think this story isn't scientifically accurate.

Kankurette

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 09, 2021, 12:58:14 AM
lmao that avatar

Oh Christ, is she trying to go for the most stereotypical Scottish image ever?

The Bees

Wearing the genderqueer colours while standing in front of the non-binary colours, nice to see some enby solidarity during pride month.

Sonny_Jim

It's an employment tribunal.  He's jeopardising his future employment prospects for an employment tribunal.

idunnosomename

Amazing to see this gaggle of dingbats go gaga over a man typing two words. Stunning and brave is it

Quote from: Ornlu on June 09, 2021, 08:55:33 AM
Wossy's back in the game: https://twitter.com/wossy/status/1402347537084858368
It's way, way down in the replies but here's the voice of reason:

https://twitter.com/RonnieBarko/status/1402542493330198533

QuoteLook at you all, lovebombing an *actual* misogynist who left an obscene voicemail on an old man's vm about his granddaughter's sex life and grossly slobbered over any young female guest on his show for years to the point where they were visibly uncomfortable

You've lost your way

Indomitable Spirit

It constantly amazes me how an infinitesimal portion of the population has got a bunch of middle-aged millionaires so unbelievably shook.

Go have a wank in your gundam room, Wossy, you fucking weirdo.

idunnosomename

Also worth pointing out glin's good news round up, focussing on Liz Truss pressuring organisations to disassociate from Stonewall or risk losing funding links to articles by

Sonia Sondha
Douglas Murray
And BRENDAN O'NEILL

boki

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 09, 2021, 12:58:14 AM
lmao that avatar

She's only just changed it recently, it was glinners cake

sophie.pilbeam

They're so desperate. They know they don't have popular support, just a handful of reactionary authority figures whose list of groups they want to destroy happens to include trans people. It's not even like they might have an "are we the baddies?" moment over this; they know that they're the people openly working with a right-wing government to wreck Stonewall, and that if you remove the right from the equation they don't have any other support.