Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:15:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glin's Slide No. 9: TransIXclusionary

Started by madhair60, June 05, 2021, 10:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

So let me get this straight:
- Trans people sending JKR death threats: bad
- Marion Millar sending MPs death threats: good
Quote from: DJ Bob Hoskins on July 20, 2021, 11:30:02 PM
From his speech: "Any time you're asked for your pronouns, told to put them in your signature or anything like that, I want you to say: 'Sorry, I find those terms offensive".

Just a quick straw poll: Have any cis people on here - or anywhere on the planet - ever been asked for their pronouns, or told to "put them in your signature" by another human being?
No.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Put me down as another one who's never been asked for pronouns or told to put them in my sig/bio.

phes

How do you know someone has preferred pronouns? 
Spoiler alert
They'll tell you!!!!!!!!
[close]

QuoteIt's been unrelenting since then, but I couldn't stop...

warm, warm, WARMER, WHITE FUCKING HOT GRAHAM SURELY YOU'VE GOT IT. Warm, cooler ...

JaDanketies

Graham probably agrees with Giles Cohen, because Dawn Foster never said anything bad about trans women.

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on July 20, 2021, 11:46:02 PM
Someone certainly is pathetic and it's not David Paisley.

https://twitter.com/DavidPaisley/status/1417539939282132995
Time for a bit of Trans more-or-less[nb]It's a shit name, can someone suggest a better one for 'Grahams bullshit factcheck'[/nb]Just to catch everybody up, I'm discussing this quote from David Paisleys twitter:
My mum, Janet Paisley, was today mentioned at a rally in Glasgow organised by an anti-LGBT+ hate group. The speaker claims my mum was anti-LGBT+ & shared her views. My mum's dead & isn't here to defend herself or her son, but here are her words, in defence of the LGBT+ community.
There's some shitbag in the comments who keeps posting:

I've watched 95% of the 1.5 hrs of footage. Nothing about this supposed claim about DP's mum from what I can see. Has DP got an exact time when the remark was made?
They posted that same exact message 19 times, even though someone responded to their first comment with the answer 'it's at 1h07m'.  If you want to 'check the receipt', here's a direct link to the video:
https://youtu.be/UbFb5Ufb9ZA?t=4021

and here's a quote if you don't want to hear a bunch of jeering TERFs making a noise like David Paisley is a pantomime villian:

Quote from: Some TERF giving a speech at TERFest '21
Despite getting emails of protest from some of David Paisleys followers, I dared to remind him that his mother shared my views on feminism

So there it is, this is text-book right wing behaviour.  It doesn't matter if you are presented with the truth in big bold fucking letters, the way to fix that is to repeat the same lie 19 fucking times.  Don't back pedal, don't shift the goal posts, just keep on hammering the lie and eventually some dickhead might believe it.  Now there's two of you to start endlessly parroting your bullshit lie.  The main problem with this technique is that it doesn't work on people with a brain, so it's effect is rather limited but like Nigerian e-mail scams there's always one poor sap who falls for it.

king_tubby

Quote from: canadagoose on July 20, 2021, 11:45:36 PM
33 words. That's not even a blog post, that's just a pathetic guff of a wheeze from him.

It'll be down to 14 words soon, am I right????

Mr Trumpet

Not exactly John Boyega at BLM is it. I thought he'd at least have some passion for the cause he's sacrificed everything for

phes

They came for my family and I could not stop them because it was Christmas Day and I was distracted by trans paedos on social media

Quote from: DJ Bob Hoskins on July 20, 2021, 11:30:02 PM
From his speech: "Any time you're asked for your pronouns, told to put them in your signature or anything like that, I want you to say: 'Sorry, I find those terms offensive".

Just a quick straw poll: Have any cis people on here - or anywhere on the planet - ever been asked for their pronouns, or told to "put them in your signature" by another human being?

An earnest young neuroatypical person was introduced to me at a noise show two years ago and asked for my pronouns. It was a sincere effort to be polite. (I said "I honestly don't care at all." They clarified that they ask everyone that they meet in case the person has a preference. I reclarified that I am fine with h/h if they felt happier being given a specific pointer, but genuinely dgaf, didn't mind being asked, and would generally be AOK with gender being abolished. Can't really see how Bananalad's proposed response would make for better communication even if I did care slightly either way.)

JaDanketies

Never been asked for my pronouns but I don't think there's any doubt that I am a cis man so doing so would be a gesture towards inclusivity but would be largely pointless. If someone got antsy about being asked about their pronouns then I'd be inclined to refer to them as 'it'. Even back when I was on Twitter arguing with terfs and talking to trans women all the time, no trans woman ever asked for my pronouns. The only time anyone was interested in my gender was when a terf was using my maleness to shut down my arguments.

I would assume that terfs are upset about 'soft pressure', y'know if everyone in your office puts their pronouns in their signature, then you might feel pressured to conform. Because really, it's a fight against social change and progressivism and tolerance. If they won their toilet and changing room and prisons fight, it wouldn't be enough.

That reminds me - does anyone still claim that 'terf' is a misogynistic slur, or have they given up on that?

Barry Admin

Yeah they still lie that it's "been deemed a slur in court" too.

She did get the first sentence ("Hi Will") correct though.

JaDanketies

Their logic for it being misogynistic is so backwards too. They believe that only women can be feminists (?!) and therefore the word 'terf' can only apply to women. Even though the person who is calling them a terf almost certainly believes that everyone should be a feminist, and almost certainly also calls men 'terf'.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: canadagoose on July 20, 2021, 05:33:04 PM

What a bunch of horrid sadsacks. Fuck the lot of them.

Is it me or is that a ridiculous bonnet density for an image not set in a stately home at the start of the 19th century?

retsuza

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 21, 2021, 12:54:04 AM
the guy just makes up stuff up in his head and can't distinguish between it and reality. ironic on a number of levels (what he accuses other people of, and the dougal/bunnies thing)

it's really sad he couldn't get help and stay off twitter for the sake of his kids. seems pretty certain he never sees them now.

His kids that he forgets he has

stonkers

Quote from: JaDanketies on July 21, 2021, 09:53:00 AM
Their logic for it being misogynistic is so backwards too. They believe that only women can be feminists (?!) and therefore the word 'terf' can only apply to women. Even though the person who is calling them a terf almost certainly believes that everyone should be a feminist, and almost certainly also calls men 'terf'.

They are right that it's a slur in the sense that it's an insult. What they miss is that there's nothing wrong insulting people who deserve it, eg. TERFs.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Love the video just being a retelling of all the bad things that has happened to him since being a total unrepentant cunt to people. 'I've been shat on by a duck five times in an hour, the taxi driver called me a cunt, I had the door slammed in my face by a total stranger, I got served undercooked chicken by a teenager, I fell down some steps, I had my credit cards revoked, I was blamed for a pylon collapsing, I was attacked with a cricket bat in Plymouth, I had a skin infection and the doctor said he was only treating it "because he had to", i was chased by 9 dogs outside Rochester, my ps4 broke, I burnt some toast, everyone who looks at me burnishes with hatred, i pissed myself in the night time then rolled into it in error... '

Pimhole

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on July 21, 2021, 12:36:09 AM
I love how consistently non-specific he is with this 'coming after my family' thing. When Graham? How? In what way? Was it once or many time? Almost as if he wants listeners to assume butch men in wigs were constantly turning up at his door to beat up his wife and kids.

Hang on, he told that House of Lords committee that his marriage ended because his income dried up. So who did he lie to - the House of Lords, or this Bingo Wings Over Scotland crowd?

Spoiler alert
(the answer is both)
[close]

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Pimhole on July 21, 2021, 11:11:23 AM
Hang on, he told that House of Lords committee that his marriage ended because his income dried up. So who did he lie to - the House of Lords, or this Bingo Wings Over Scotland crowd?

Spoiler alert
(the answer is both)
[close]

To give him just a crumb of the benefit of the doubt, both could be true. His family probably got fed up of the all night Twitter sesh's (missing Christmas day), which was probably tolerable for as long as money was coming in (I think 2017-18 was his last consistently busy period). When the work dried up, that was probably the final straw.

So, to quote from the famous gif:

JaDanketies

It would be really sad if he didn't see his kids any more. And the reason why isn't because of any nefarious TRA plot; it would be because the kids are of an age where they can decide what parent to spend time with, and they don't want to spend time with him. Not only because he's an internet addict but also because he's hateful. And perhaps he thinks maintaining the course is more important than reaching out to his kids and trying to build a relationship with them.

I'm pretty sure he was an involved dad at some point. Based on my knowledge of his internet addiction, I'm assuming he hasn't been an involved parent for several years now. His kids did voices for Adventure Time back in 2012 after Graham reached out to the creators, so it's reasonable to assume Graham was spending quality time with his kids 9 years ago.

All supposition, of course. Hopefully he sees his kids and is involved with their lives and doesn't fixate on terfery when they're around. Just seems very unlikely.

The only thing I can think of that stops loving parents from seeing their kids - other than the other parent lying to the court or social services, which I very much doubt happened in this case - is cult membership.

Pimhole

It's the usual dishonest framing, though. Like how he was kicked off twitter "simply" for tweeting men aren't women tho.

I sometimes wonder how much of it had to do with him attacking people like Cariad Lloyd[nb]and Aisling Bea. and Josie Long. and Caitlin Moran. and Mae Martin. etc[/nb], which would make things difficult for his wife's burgeoning comedy writing career. Comedy writing, particularly for women, is a small community and Cariad is quite a big fish within it.

Edit: fucking how do you do images

idunnosomename

2019 was the last straw. there was also the "one gender-critical tweet a day" thing. then there was that Times interview very early 2020 which has that weird photo of him fucking the dog just before he left the family house.  if you want to dive into his personal life his instagram, if you scroll back through all the I HEART J.K. ROWLING memes, has the remnants of him trying to be normal, a holiday to Devon or something.  you'd think he'd have deleted all that if he was so intent on protecting his family. but he isn't. it's all about HIM.

that "oh I forgot!" is possibly "a bit", but then his whole life is a bit, also it's kind of a shitty joke to make about your children on the internet isn't it

GoblinAhFuckScary

shed a tear for this one photo they (her pals) gone and done of are debbie

phes

That speech Graham Linehan did is absolutely tragic. Full of lies he's told himself of course but still tragic. Confirmation that absolutely everyone in his life who was able or willing to speak to him asked him to please just stop. Not trans people, not TRAs, not people who spend their life arguing about anything at all on the internet, just everyone else in his life. I doubt his family has any contact with him at all from the way he describes his family as lost.

idunnosomename

well it doesn't bode well when immediately after separation your wife starts using her maiden name which hardly anyone in the country she lives in can spell

phes

Following a divorce from former comedy writer Graham Linehan, Helen Linehan has formally reverted to her maiden name Helen Shiteater