Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:18:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glin's Slide No. 9: TransIXclusionary

Started by madhair60, June 05, 2021, 10:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

not criticising really, but I think Uncle Tom is a bit of a problematic (I mean, not great-to-use) term since it's a fictional character from a well-meaning but outdated abolitionist novel.

I'd say Quisling but that refers to a Norwegian appeaser who was executed by firing squad. certainly don't want Debbie or any TERF executed. I just want them to stop getting free reign to publish nonsense in the mainstream press.

Also note that Janice "That's Life!" Turner won sensible journalist of the year in The Press Awards. voted for by British journalists of course.

Kankurette

It's not a term I use as a white person. Not my place. Is it still in use?

You get what I'm saying though? How marginalised groups have a term for someone in that group who willingly throws others like them under the bus?

idunnosomename

oh of course I know what you mean. collaborator? i think thats pretty neutral.

thing is Debbie has a job as a teacher and all of this stuff is a sideline, and a regular spectator column can't be that bad (at least £400 a pop)

FalknerHinton

Quote from: Kankurette on July 23, 2021, 10:31:12 PM
What's the trans equivalent of an Uncle Tom/handmaid? Because that's what Hayton is. She's embarrassing. She's like the kid who sucks up to the bullies but gets bogwashed anyway. She's certainly not representative of any trans people I know.wow, much gender, so critical, wow

Aunt Lydia feels appropriate, given that the GC crowd seem to like flinging Handmaid about. It also has the benefit of being accurate, in terms of the role the Aunts played in the book/show, unlike the GC use of Handmaid.

Mister Six

Quote from: Ornlu on July 23, 2021, 10:38:31 AM

You directing that at me or them?

Religious people exist, astonishingly enough.

dead-ced-dead

Was any context given with that photo?

idunnosomename

I think, horrifyingly, the "witches" are all claiming to have had sex with Graham because hes such a brilliant feminist.

All very grown-up stuff you expect a modern feminist to do.

SilverFish

idunnosomename

No and good christ i certainly hope his children never do

Sonny_Jim

Pure deso.

EDIT:  To save you watching it, yes he does say 'f*ggot'

stonkers

Why's there a Rangers logo behind him, is he singing it in an Orange lodge or something?

dead-ced-dead

At least he's getting out of the house............ no it's pure deso.

Jockice

Quote from: SilverFish on July 24, 2021, 12:00:56 PM
Crikey. Have you seen him singing Fairytale Of New York.

https://twitter.com/millar_marion/status/1418331548957425673?s=21

You scumbag, you maggot, you cheap lousy man in a dress entering our toilets.

idunnosomename

yeah i just skipped to that bit. i think people watching shout it too. because they are grown-ups.

on the other hand im currently sober and im the one who skipped to that bit so who am i to talk

madhair60

Can someone PLEASE save that video, I'm out

Take your hand out your pocket, your awkward cunt.

I wonder if this is like Stewart Lee realising he only needs a fan base of about 5,000 people who are willing to spend a bit every year. Glinner is after a group in the dozens who are willing to throw three figures into legal crowdfunders routinely providing you keep calling people paedophiles.

Dr Rock

Can't blame him if he went to Glasgow on the pull, I imagine rabid terves make great partners for other rabid terves.

Mr Trumpet

He's just seen the Man Behind Winkie's (and learned that he was played by a female actor)

idunnosomename

i saw the racecar and I clapped!!!

(no really, love it, fantastic)

also a helluva lot of desperate sad old men at this

JamesTC

They literally just sang the bit with the F word. They don't know the rest so they stop, sing that bit and then stop again. Embarrassing.

Chollis

Was ordering online from Asda and only this came up in suggested search. not sure how that works but ok

JamesTC

Quote from: Chollis on July 24, 2021, 01:24:21 PM
Was ordering online from Asda and only this came up in suggested search. not sure how that works but ok

Did you let Glinner order groceries off your computer again?

Chollis

least it didnt suggest collander, eggs, pecorino or pancetta

SilverFish

"Women have fannies.  Some men are fannies"

Imagine the steps taken in getting that printed on a t-shirt and at every one thinking "Yep. This is fine."

Milo

Bottle of water and berocca by the bed is either very telling or a nice bit of set-dressing.

idunnosomename

they call TRAs a cult, but here they are, all chanting slogans, starting hashtags, pretending to be in witches' covens and wrapping themselves in flags with the suffragette colours. i mean it's not really a cult, it's just fucking embarrassing behaviour.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Chollis on July 24, 2021, 01:24:21 PM

Thought is was going to say Cheap Lousy Faggots

Or bannanas