Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:08:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glin's Slide No. 9: TransIXclusionary

Started by madhair60, June 05, 2021, 10:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Botherer

Quote from: Dr Rock on June 10, 2021, 07:19:55 PM
If she's such a feminist, why couldn't it be women with guns?

no good, their puny female muscles would be easily overpowered by the hulking blokes in dresses

JamesTC

Imagine a human female with a gun. Just wouldn't happen.

Kankurette

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 10, 2021, 04:12:25 PM
YASSSS

I wonder if all the feminists celebrating this realise the potential consequences for LGB people.

We'll be next.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Kankurette on June 10, 2021, 08:30:23 PM
I wonder if all the feminists celebrating this realise the potential consequences for LGB people.

We'll be next.
They either know and don't care, or they sincerely think (as the likes of James Dreyfus seems to) that it'll stop at trans people.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Kankurette on June 10, 2021, 08:30:23 PM

We'll be next.

It's caused schisms in terf world before, but the likes of Posie Parker are openly fine about working with Tommy Robinson or whoever else, as they consider trans woman such a serious existential threat. Parker will do and say absolutely anything to 1) remove rights from trans people and 2) flog more merch.

I think they're all fairly inured at this point, particularly given how incredibly overblown the language is around the issue. They really do believe in a grand conspiracy to 'erase woman as a category'; they buy into all the 'silicon valley incels' rhetoric; they see themselves as a modern-day suffragette movement. They're in a cult - there's a lack of rational thinking.

Example here of one of the aforementioned schisms: http://jeanhatchet.blogspot.com/2019/01/why-i-wont-be-standing-for-women.html?m=1

Excerpt:

In response to my withdrawal message to the organising group I was accused of "purity politics" by one of the WoLF women and this was reiterated by Posie. I am angry about that. I don't really know what it is supposed to mean. I call it feminism actually. Another woman tried to silence me by saying I am "destructive" for tweeting my "divisive" opposition to the Heritage Foundation panel that she will speak on. The irony of being told not to speak on social media about a trip opposing the silencing of women is not lost on me.

Kankurette

I know the GC feminists argue that conservative Christians are on the side of the trans movement because they trans their kids, they see their sons playing with dolls and think 'oh, he's really a girl', but...they're really not. The fact so many women here are throwing their lot in with horrible misogynistic men, purely to get at trans women, scares me. I know there are plenty of lesbians and bi women in the GC movement but I am not going to stand in solidarity with people who think I'm some kind of abomination because I'm not straight.

The EDL, incidentally, had a women's division called the Angels. Not sure how involved they were in the movement, but Robinson's friends did have a lovely habit of telling female opponents to get back in the kitchen, and that was one of the nicer things. Conservatives are not gender critical. They want boys to be boys and girls to be girls.

Barry Admin

It bears repeating, but these threads routinely highlight the fact that terfs aren't really gender critical either.

Glinner and Posie Parker would be the most obvious, visible examples of people who routinely reinforce gender norms.

One of the really shit things about it all is the dynamic it sets up for trans people, where they simply can't win no matter what they do. So e.g. a trans woman may play up to gender stereotypes in order to try and fit in and pass better, because terfs will insist that they get the surgery and all that business, but then the goalposts will move constantly, and the trans people will be attacked for reinforcing gender norms by actually seeking to make that effort.

"That's all you think a woman is... Pink hair, girly dresses and cat ears, yeah...?"

Pfffftt. They just can't win.

idunnosomename

not sure if graham's rants have got manic enough for TURNED THE FRIGGIN FROGS GAY!! banger territory yet. only time. although you could mash that up with You Turned Off Replies

Kankurette

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 10, 2021, 09:39:19 PM
It bears repeating, but these threads routinely highlight the fact that terfs aren't really gender critical either.

Glinner and Posie Parker would be the most obvious, visible examples of people who routinely reinforce gender norms.

One of the really shit things about it all is the dynamic it sets up for trans people, where they simply can't win no matter what they do. So e.g. a trans woman may play up to gender stereotypes in order to try and fit in and pass better, because terfs will insist that they get the surgery and all that business, but then the goalposts will move constantly, and the trans people will be attacked for reinforcing gender norms by actually seeking to make that effort.

"That's all you think a woman is... Pink hair, girly dresses and cat ears, yeah...?"

And some trans women dress in a very feminine way because they feel it's the only way they can pass, or that doctors might take them seriously.

Barry Admin

Yes, absolutely.

I just went to catch up with Katy Motgomerie's timeline and saw a fucking belting example actually:

'You're acting like a man' is an extremely common "gender critical" argument. 🤦‍♂️

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 10, 2021, 09:55:30 PM
'You're acting like a man' is an extremely common "gender critical" argument. 🤦‍♂️
"Male narcissistic rage".

I've twice witnessed cis feminists casually engage in TERFism, only to collapse melodramatically on the fainting couch when a trans woman calls them on it. The trans woman  in both cases ended up quietly leaving the conversation and then the forum entirely. I got labelled a white knight for telling the TERFs how shitty they were being.

commenting purely so I get notifications on here so I can rubberneck into the lonely hateful decent of Graham

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 10, 2021, 09:39:19 PM

And the mirror of that happens anyway, because TERFs reinforce gender norms when they apply femininity as a filter to being able to use the ladies loos (because that's what's available short of actual genital inspections at the door). It's almost as though literally all it comes down to is hating the idea that a man might transition to being a woman. Viscerally hating that idea and the reality. It does seem to be a trap some feminists have fallen down.

However I read a Yougov survey and it bears repeating that women are far more tolerant of transrights and the issues in that area than men are when polled (though of course, as with a lot of these polls there has to be a degree of adjustment to account for virtue signalling/hiding prejudice which is more likely with women than men (partly on account of patriarchal factors, interestingly!))

George Oscar Bluth II

Fuck me, anti-trans lady made the 10 o'clock news, interview with her seemed pretty soft soap but they let an actual trans person on! Who talked about how horrible it is to be trans at the moment, how some people are planning on leaving the country because the atmosphere here is so toxic. Really extraordinary, fair play to the BBC I guess. Clearing the lowest of bars.

Meanwhile, look who slipped free of her Warner Bros minders or whatever:

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: damien on June 10, 2021, 09:07:19 PM
Alex Jones sounding barely different from Glin's recent rants in this clip

https://twitter.com/kristoferthomas/status/1349902863879823360?s=21

that's really fucking funny and has distracted me from wanting to be a bit dead

just all of this. just everything. being trans is feeling very shit. i've gone back into a proper total despair mood about everything

Polymorphia

Honestly waking up and having the first thing I saw today being the fucking BBC push notification for this just fucking ruined my day. I find myself trying to ignore news about trans rights in the UK because it will inevitably depress me

Kankurette

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 10, 2021, 10:28:26 PM
And the mirror of that happens anyway, because TERFs reinforce gender norms when they apply femininity as a filter to being able to use the ladies loos (because that's what's available short of actual genital inspections at the door). It's almost as though literally all it comes down to is hating the idea that a man might transition to being a woman. Viscerally hating that idea and the reality. It does seem to be a trap some feminists have fallen down.

However I read a Yougov survey and it bears repeating that women are far more tolerant of transrights and the issues in that area than men are when polled (though of course, as with a lot of these polls there has to be a degree of adjustment to account for virtue signalling/hiding prejudice which is more likely with women than men (partly on account of patriarchal factors, interestingly!))
Yep, butch lesbians have been refused entry to women's toilets for being too mannish. You'd think a supposedly pro-lesbian movement would not be on board with that.
Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on June 10, 2021, 11:52:25 PM
that's really fucking funny and has distracted me from wanting to be a bit dead

just all of this. just everything. being trans is feeling very shit. i've gone back into a proper total despair mood about everything
Reading this makes me so angry. You and other trans people should not be at the point where you feel like this, in your own home. Fucking TERFs.

Polymorphia

I'm half tempted to have a queer venting thread in this forum, where we can exclaim how fucking horrible life is being queer. Except even the positive queer thread we had a while ago got barely any posts, unless it was some cishet saying "oh look at this. Some more of your rights have been erased." Despite it being the fucking thread for positive queer stuff (though things to be happy about come by few and far between in our modern age).

Fuck, why is the main queer thread on this forum just wanking about how some comedy man has fucked his career to harass people? Oh wait, I know. I know.

I dunno. Ehh. Can we not let the ravings of an increasingly obscure oddball (who did good comedy 2 decades ago) essentially title all queer things and happenngs in Britain, please (wrt this forum)

Barry Admin

Go ahead and start the thread, and I hope it goes well.

I understand you're upset today, but I also recognise how many times now you've moaned about this thread. You're aware that there is a separate thread for doing so, which stops this one getting continually dragged off topic in a circular manner.

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,80965.0.html

Continue there please, if you wish to do so. Because tbh I spent a lot of time digging out links and tapping stuff up on my phone for this thread today, and read everything everyone else posted, and I really don't think this is a fair description of even the last few pages:

QuoteFuck, why is the main queer thread on this forum just wanking about how some comedy man has fucked his career to harass people? Oh wait, I know. I know.

So please do use the thread that is dedicated to moaning about this one if you wish to continue with that, and good luck again with your queer thread; I dunno how many queer people are on here, but I hope it helps :-)

Polymorphia

I understand completely, I'm obviously a bit down. I'm sorry for derailing this series of threads mulitple times.

BUT - I've made a relevant thread for all queer happenings good or bad on this forum, here it is:

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=87569.new#new

And PLEASE send them to the above link rather than here, Glinner is not the entirety of queer experience, and should not be its label here! :)
I don't really like having any queer news revolving around a comedy writer who became a bastard, and it all ending up in this thread. This thread should be for Glinner's mistakes only. I imagine my 3 (I think) previous misgivings/derailings (I do imagine the previous derailings were in bad, nay transphobic faith) about this thread have been how there's not really any other thread for queer news, so it just gravitates here, into a thread about a man who fucked up hs career to harass people like us.

Keep this post in this thread, so people can find it from here as well, please :)

Also, Grinehan still astounds me in how horrible he can be. I think he reaches a limit of his cruelty, but no. Graham still has hate to give.

Sonny_Jim

If it makes anyone feel better (and I hope it doesn't come over as tonedeaf as it's not exactly a original thought), but really I didn't care too much for trans issues until Graham started 'campaigning for women'.

For every 'win' the TERFs have, there's more and more twats like me actually reading up a bit more and going 'Huh, this just seems to be more about transphobia than anybody's rights in particular'.

Every so often I have to take a break from this thread, as invariably it ends up with me going over to Grahams blog, picking up handfuls of hateful shit and wandering back here, proudly displaying my shitty hands to everyone and going 'Euurgh, look at this horrible shit'.  I'm beginning to realise is that all the happens is that I end up with shitty hands[nb]Ok, maybe my analogy is broken at this point[/nb].

So, solidarity everyone.  Just remember that Graham is absolutely just a joke at this point, albeit a hateful and shitty one.

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 10, 2021, 09:41:06 PM
not sure if graham's rants have got manic enough for TURNED THE FRIGGIN FROGS GAY!! banger territory yet. only time. although you could mash that up with You Turned Off Replies

Ohhhhh
You've turned the frogs gay
You've turned the frogs gay
Gayness to these creatures you have somehow relayed
The world is very scary and I'm really afraid
And that feeling is compounded 'cos you've turned the frogs gay

buttgammon

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on June 11, 2021, 03:38:38 AM
If it makes anyone feel better (and I hope it doesn't come over as tonedeaf as it's not exactly a original thought), but really I didn't care too much for trans issues until Graham started 'campaigning for women'.

For every 'win' the TERFs have, there's more and more twats like me actually reading up a bit more and going 'Huh, this just seems to be more about transphobia than anybody's rights in particular'.

Every so often I have to take a break from this thread, as invariably it ends up with me going over to Grahams blog, picking up handfuls of hateful shit and wandering back here, proudly displaying my shitty hands to everyone and going 'Euurgh, look at this horrible shit'.  I'm beginning to realise is that all the happens is that I end up with shitty hands[nb]Ok, maybe my analogy is broken at this point[/nb].

So, solidarity everyone.  Just remember that Graham is absolutely just a joke at this point, albeit a hateful and shitty one.

Yes, it's been an education for me too. Trans issues weren't really on my radar until a few years ago, and seeing the degree of hatred spewed by Linehan and his ilk has prompted me to take much more of an interest and listen to more trans voices.

JaDanketies

Yeah the ugliness of the terfs was definitely something that made me committed to and educated on trans rights.

In my mind, it all kicked off on my internet at around the time that Johnson defeated Jezza; before then I was always arguing about Labour antisemitism. I've also noticed a lot of terfy people have been loudly proclaiming their solidarity with Israel since it all kicked off over there again. Definitely a big overlap between terfs and pro-Israeli-apartheid folk. Even thinking about your favourite terfy columnists. Funny how there's a correlation.

Indeed, noted terf and danger to women Alexrubner got booted off Twitter permanently a day or two ago for calling a pro-Palestine American Jew a cunt.

petril

Quote from: Polymorphia on June 11, 2021, 02:31:42 AM
I'm half tempted to have a queer venting thread in this forum, where we can exclaim how fucking horrible life is being queer. Except even the positive queer thread we had a while ago got barely any posts, unless it was some cishet saying "oh look at this. Some more of your rights have been erased." Despite it being the fucking thread for positive queer stuff (though things to be happy about come by few and far between in our modern age).

Fuck, why is the main queer thread on this forum just wanking about how some comedy man has fucked his career to harass people? Oh wait, I know. I know.

I dunno. Ehh. Can we not let the ravings of an increasingly obscure oddball (who did good comedy 2 decades ago) essentially title all queer things and happenngs in Britain, please (wrt this forum)

when it became about cis people sharing transphobia being bad in another thread, that was game over really. not thinking that ehhhh there's already a few threads where the topic is explicitly about trans and transphobic stuff going on in particular, whereas that thread was called queer/trans comrades and first post was about it being the place for being generally positive and looking for the nicer aspects. a kind of solidarity and support thread for us queer and trans users because we're not going to object to the stuff about transphobia being blanket banned.

I think it'd be good if we could all be a bit more mindful and remember that every thread that the doom and gloom and misery and bigotry get added to, is one more place where it exists. and some of those threads might be either not really about it specifically aimed at a specific kinda tone. and full of the kinda targets of the misery and bigotry looking for a breather.

idunnosomename

Quote from: JaDanketies on June 11, 2021, 10:39:58 AM
Indeed, noted terf and danger to women Alexrubner got booted off Twitter permanently a day or two ago for calling a pro-Palestine American Jew a cunt.
What was the point for him anymore

lmao

GoblinAhFuckScary

idunnosomename

lmao the famous artist birdy rose makes resisters look like hans holbein