Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:18:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glin's Slide No. 9: TransIXclusionary

Started by madhair60, June 05, 2021, 10:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

what fraud is he going on about

ps glinner

glinner

we've had the Gender Recognition Act in Ireland since 2015 and the sky hasn't fallen

it's still just as difficult for trans people to access services as it was before the GRA so don't you worry your regal feminist head about it

Sonny_Jim

Hey Graham, your mask is slipping.  This little beauty wedged between complaining about no BBC coverage of Marion Miller and a sympathetic BBC article about a transgender athlete.

I mean, fucking hell.  Is there some subtlety I'm missing or is it literally 'I hate gays' at this point?  What point is he trying to prove, that the BBC are sympathetic to LGBT?

ETA:  Also this shit in the comments:

And according to the over 400 trans-identified BBC employees (figure provided c2 years ago?) and colleagues. 'Impartial'?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/academy/en/articles/art20130702112133788

'Not taking sides' HAHAHAHAHA.

According to wikipedia, the BBC employ 35,402.  This dipshit says that 400 of them identify as trans.  Now my maths is a bit shit, but doesn't that equate to just over 1% of employees?  Which is a tiny amount and is inline with national figures.  How can there be a 'trans cabal in the BBC' when it's the same rate as anywhere else in the fucking country?

MoreauVasz

Nobody would complain if those 400 were mostly security staff (though I think that most of the BBC's security staff are now trans in accordance with memo 246.721). What Linehan is referring to is the fact that if you look at the top 500 managerial and editorial positions at the BBC, 300 of them are occupied by trans people. Including most of the on-air news and weather positions.

buttgammon

Quote from: damien on June 05, 2021, 11:55:21 PM
Seriously what colour is the sky in Glin's world..

"When she finally does get it going, share it everywhere. Use it to peak friends and family. Let's get the light flooding in on this dangerous cult that has done so much in the darkness. The accelerating demise of Stonewall and the imminent demise of Mermaids were both only possible because women like Marion fought like tigers against what amounts to an ideological coup, and a fraud comitted by Stonewall that took in the whole country.

Self-ID has been held back in Spain and Germany, and feminist groups inspired by the UK movement are popping up everywhere. The ripples from this case will be felt all over the world, so Marion, don't lose heart. This is a dying movement, certainly in the UK, and you're about to deliver the final blow."

All this new imagery is kinda scary; fighting, coups, 'a dying movement' etc.

Sinister as fuck. This sounds like the way fascist American cultists talk about how God is on their side and some massive armageddon is on the way.

racecar bed indy 500

Quote from: buttgammon on June 06, 2021, 08:57:35 AM
Sinister as fuck. This sounds like the way fascist American cultists talk about how God is on their side and some massive armageddon is on the way.

The "trans cabal" stuff has always been disturbingly close to the "Zionist Occupied Government"/"Jewish Cabal" stuff and it's only gotten moreso with things like this and the Bilek stuff that was being talked about last thread.

The funny thing, I must mention as this is a comedy forum, is that so many people falling for this exact stuff are the same upper class media bubble people that believed Jeremy Corbyn was an anti-semite.

Kankurette

"When she finally does get it going, share it everywhere. Use it to peak friends and family. Let's get the light flooding in on this dangerous cult that has done so much in the darkness. The accelerating demise of Stonewall and the imminent demise of Mermaids were both only possible because women like Marion fought like tigers against what amounts to an ideological coup, and a fraud comitted by Stonewall that took in the whole country.

Self-ID has been held back in Spain and Germany, and feminist groups inspired by the UK movement are popping up everywhere. The ripples from this case will be felt all over the world, so Marion, don't lose heart. This is a dying movement, certainly in the UK, and you're about to deliver the final blow."

I don't think it's about protecting women in other countries, Graham.

Dr Rock

Dr Grande says 'I'm not discussing this case, just speculating on what might be going on in a case like this... any idea by her or TERF history what kind of anti-trans tweet would also be considered homophobic? Because the TERFs backing her now will no doubt just disagree she posted anything transphobic, almost whatever it is but they might have more trouble squaring something homophobic.'

retsuza

this reads exactly like the back cover of a bad YA Fantasy novel, in case there was any doubt that Graham is delusional about how he sees the world, basic facts etc.

Dr Rock

QuoteThis is a dying movement, certainly in the UK, and you're about to deliver the final blow."

Marion is found not guilty (or whatever the Scottish term is - not proved?) = will have no effect on anything other that what you can or can't say on Twitter

Marion is found guilty = will have no effect on anything other that what you can or can't say on Twitter

idunnosomename

lmao he's begging his goons to watch Count Arthur Strong on Netflix and taking a swipe at the Guardian for saying how shit it was.

Those 0.0001ps are gonna be rolling in!

buttgammon

Quote from: racecar bed indy 500 on June 06, 2021, 09:07:13 AM
The "trans cabal" stuff has always been disturbingly close to the "Zionist Occupied Government"/"Jewish Cabal" stuff and it's only gotten moreso with things like this and the Bilek stuff that was being talked about last thread.

The funny thing, I must mention as this is a comedy forum, is that so many people falling for this exact stuff are the same upper class media bubble people that believed Jeremy Corbyn was an anti-semite.

Definitely agree on this comparison - some of the links that were posted towards the end of the last thread talked about this links between transphobia and antisemitism, and you can see the same paranoia about a small minority somehow controlling everything.

GoblinAhFuckScary

good work by the guardian platforming more terfs again. complete with buzzfeed level illustration of hands over a woman's mouth

sorry you're so silenced hun xx

JaDanketies

The Trans Cabal are encouraging Muslim immigration into the West as part of their war on the traditional family and traditional values. They want to destabilise our culture so they can erase sex distinctions through the back-door. They're working hand-in-hand with both the NWO and leading Islamists so they can create a LGBTQ+ caliphate. Headed by Katy Montgomerie, Aidan Comerfort and whoever else we've been arguing with on Twitter this week.

It's no coincidence that 'trans' means 'change'. They're hiding their intentions in plain sight. They want to 'change' society from one with well-defined men and women, to one where you get shot if you're cis. Hence the 'trans agenda', aka the 'change agenda'.

Fortunately, Graham Linehan is defending us from this assault on everything the West holds dear. Please watch Toast of London, it's on UK Netflix now.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

"Ruthie, this story is getting really dark"

mjwilson

Not sure whether this made  it onto the last thread, but Neil Gaiman doesn't give a fuck about Linehan's opinion (unsurprisingly).

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2021-06-02/sandman-neil-gaiman-casting-controversy-woke-netflix

phes

Jonathan Ross was being chummy with Gaiman on some comic zoom thing recently. And it was posted on his twitter. Interesting how Graham's courting of Ross stopped dead and never resurfaced following Ross backing up. More to that than meets the eye because Graham has proved time and time again that he cannot let things go

George Oscar Bluth II

The coming end of the pandemic[nb]Still unmentioned by Graham I think? Possibly one of the few people who simply didn't notice not being able to go out and having no work in 2020[/nb] raises the spectre of Graham and his allies doing real life protests and stuff doesn't it. This slide has a way to go yet.

phes

He's already announced that he'll be leaving the house on July 20th to bring his brand of toxic agitation to notable Cakee MM

damien

You notice that when big names call him out and go in hard, he panics and hides, never mentions them again. Classic bully stuff. Have we ever heard our Graham mention Hozier even once since this? Of course not.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MurderedByWords/comments/h0j7eo/hozier_at_transphobes/

idunnosomename

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on June 06, 2021, 12:04:37 PM
The coming end of the pandemic[nb]Still unmentioned by Graham I think? Possibly one of the few people who simply didn't notice not being able to go out and having no work in 2020[/nb] raises the spectre of Graham and his allies doing real life protests and stuff doesn't it. This slide has a way to go yet.
search his substack for pandemic, he mentions it in passing when talking about TRA hysteria and stuff.

He's probably going up to Scotland again for the trial of the millennium

JaDanketies

sophie.pilbeam

To be fair, he also couldn't handle criticism before.

imitationleather

phes

Also he is co-responsible for the two shows that are any good.

JaDanketies

Agreed, IT crowd is shit. But it brought Richard Ayoade to prominence.

JamesTC

Quote from: JaDanketies on June 06, 2021, 01:01:22 PM

He did have Garth Marenghi's Darkplace before that.

dead-ced-dead

The cast of The IT Crowd are great. I really like Ayode, Chris O'Dowd and Katherine Parkinson. They often drag the material above the Extras-sitcom-within-a-sitcom When the Whistle Blows-esque material.

sophie.pilbeam

Ayoade deserves a ton of credit for making Moss work at all, since half the time he's written as a cartoon nerd with no comprehension of human behaviour, and the other half of the time he's joining in sub-Seinfeld discussions about the mores of modern relationships. It's all so patchy and thin, held together by contrivances masquerading as surrealism.

wrec

In fairness the pre-2017 model was also an arrogant vindictive prick who couldn't handle criticism. Funny that he's back on the canned laughter thing - I'm sure Chris Morris was referring to this on Buxton's podcast when he said that people assume sitcom laughter is canned when it's too over the top to be believable. If I'm remembering correctly the only view he'd accept was that Strong was not only a comedic tour de force but also a heartwarming return to classic sitcom values that could only be universally enjoyed, with the exception of joyless TRAs Gamergaters contrarians who didn't understand comedy.

As for his cameos - in I'm Alan Partridge I suppose he digs deep to deliver a convincing portrayal of an awkward writer who's terminally uncomfortable and afraid of eye contact. Hard to separate these cameos from everything but recently saw the one in Darkplace and it feels like he's there to service his own smugness rather than the comedy.

In short, I find this meme inaccurate 😠

wrec

But it brought Richard Ayoade to prominence.

I didn't bring Richard Ayoade to prominence for him not to support JK Rowling and/or Laurence Fox