Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:47:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glin's Slide No. 9: TransIXclusionary

Started by madhair60, June 05, 2021, 10:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

Arty Morty has an incredibly strangely-shaped head.

I can't get a reading on it at all.

sophie.pilbeam

Quote from: Kankurette on June 24, 2021, 11:16:18 AM
Totally. GC feminists are perfectly happy to support all sorts of mediocre misogynistic men who agree with them. Or the Daily Mail.

No cost is too great in the struggle to ban unisex toilets.

idunnosomename

Janice Turner is really one of the worst gossip-columnists in the broadsheets. You can tell she despises all young people and wants them to be miserable. These lot are living their best lives since they beat Corbyn.

https://archive.md/hYIvN

Milo

I wonder if that mastectomy waiting list number includes women who've been diagnosed with breast cancer but have yet to be treated. Or those with family history and the genes that make breast cancer particularly likely and dangerous.

Jollity

I expect Linehan disapproves of masectomies in the case of genetic disposition to breast cancer too.

"Nooooo, the titties! I mean, the breast tissue!"

buttgammon

He saw this debate coming, hence going to the trouble of specifying that said breast tissue should be 'healthy and 'young'.

sophie.pilbeam

The problem with centring "biological reality" is that you end up opposing bodily autonomy. He let the (already unconvincing) mask slip a while back when he did a list of "real trans problems" which included "not being able to feed your children after a double mastectomy". Same patronising, controlling, patriarchal shit as "you can't get your tubes tied, because what if you regret not having children later?".

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

it's good to know that Grahm thinks that women who bottle-feed are just failures at being women

sophie.pilbeam

I've heard that some men bottle-feed as well... yet another victory for mediocre men.

idunnosomename

I think the 27th is the anniversary of Graham getting booted off his lifeblood site and crying to Mumsnet in the early hours, if anyone wants to bake a cake

what a pathetic cunt lol

damien

"When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling saaad.. " 🎶

mr. logic

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 25, 2021, 12:49:13 AM
I think the 27th is the anniversary of Graham getting booted off his lifeblood site and crying to Mumsnet in the early hours, if anyone wants to bake a cake

what a pathetic cunt lol

Hahahaha! Surely even the mumsnetters thought this was a bit silly?

Kankurette

what a pathetic cunt lol
They've now got a separate forum for whining about THE TRANS and a general feminism forum, which mentions other things.

JaDanketies

Quote from: mr. logic on June 25, 2021, 06:55:53 AM
Hahahaha! Surely even the mumsnetters thought this was a bit silly?

iirc they harshly moderated the thread so anyone not blowing smoke up his arse got their comment removed. Not a transphobic site obviously, just a place where noted transphobe Graham Linehan goes for support, and where criticism of him is forbidden.

I don't believe they misinterpret 'free speech' when it comes to their detractors getting banned or censored from private platforms. "Free speech is when I can be a hatemonger and nobody can criticise me."

mippy

Mumsnet currently has this thread, in which the "we aren't actually transphobes, we just want them to live their lives as transwomen" mask falls to the floor and crumbles to dust https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/4278231-Mirror-article-Thug-batters-woman-after-discovering-she-is-transgender-during-sexual-encounter

JaDanketies

Looking through Staniland's tweets to find stuff to report, you can see that the number of interactions she got with her transphobic tweets seemed to increase quite a lot around 2018, which would be the time that Graham started to become a monomaniacal weirdo. Perhaps he really helped to kick this movement into prominence, in which case the harm he's done is incredible.

petril

Quote from: Kankurette on June 24, 2021, 11:16:18 AM
Totally. GC feminists are perfectly happy to support all sorts of mediocre misogynistic men who agree with them. Or the Daily Mail.

just a case of them hooking up with the right sort of misogynists who'll end up ruining the whole movement

Quote from: mippy on June 25, 2021, 08:55:01 AM
Mumsnet currently has this thread, in which the "we aren't actually transphobes, we just want them to live their lives as transwomen" mask falls to the floor and crumbles to dust https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/4278231-Mirror-article-Thug-batters-woman-after-discovering-she-is-transgender-during-sexual-encounter

The gist of which is "although I don't condone violence it's understandable as the thug was a victim of rape".

Dr Rock

As a mumsnet member i'm reporting lots of posts in that thread, I'll probably post my thoughts on the thread later.

Jerzy Bondov

Honestly if I was getting down to it with an undeniably attractive woman and I found her willy I'd be chuffed to bits. Like finding a pound coin. Nice little extra.

Bernice

petril

Quote from: Better Midlands on June 25, 2021, 09:34:30 AM
The gist of which is "although I don't condone violence it's understandable as the thug was a victim of rape".

I don't condone violence against people, but terfs do just need a hard slap in the face. or across the arse

Chollis

what a pathetic cunt lol

Better Business Bureau still makes me laugh

Dr Rock

Quote from: Dr Rock on June 25, 2021, 09:40:42 AM
As a mumsnet member i'm reporting lots of posts in that thread, I'll probably post my thoughts on the thread later.

Christ I've reported four posts on the first page (misgendering) and it's a 28 page thread. This is going to be a slog.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: petrilTanaka on June 25, 2021, 10:59:35 AM
I don't condone violence against people, but terfs do just need a hard slap in the face. or across the arse
shhhhh nonono petrilTanaka never say this, they'll screech about you doing violence to women. You say that TERFs should put themselves in the bin and hop their way out to the kerb.

They still screech about how it's violence against women but now they can't articulate why.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Chollis on June 25, 2021, 11:20:14 AM
Better Business Bureau still makes me laugh
it's funny because he was still grasping at it nine months later while addressing a house of lords committee

Kankurette

Quote from: petrilTanaka on June 25, 2021, 09:19:33 AM
just a case of them hooking up with the right sort of misogynists who'll end up ruining the whole movement
As I said elsewhere, they have a pro-GB News thread. And the few people saying it makes them uncomfortable, that GB News aren't exactly allies, are being accused of intolerance.

I got banned from MN and had to beg to be let back on, so I'm sitting on my hands.

The BBB is like a Reeves and Mortimer bit. Graham Lister talking about dentists, doctors and architects and reporting to the ombudsman, or Bob's experiences with the alderman.

Morty, you fop! Or Lesbians For Laughs maybe. Le-es-bi-aaaaaan.

phantom_power

Who are these people trying to both sides this situation. I mean, yes, there was deception there and that is not a good thing, but there are about a million levels of action to be taken before "beat the shit out of them".

JaDanketies

My fiancee is a keen feminist, and a mum, but she's also a lot of other things, and I think she'd feel like she was letting herself down if she allowed 'mum' to become her core identity. Yknow what I mean? Like being a good dad is the most important thing to me, and my life would look remarkably different if my son never existed, but I don't want Dad to be all I'm about.

So Mumsnet probably attracts a particular demographic of mums. Especially those who get involved in the culture and don't just pop up to ask how to get kids off a dummy or how to get them eating their peas or the best brand of bottle washer. If you're Mum before you're anything else, you're probably disproportionately attracted to Mumsnet, and are probably a bit of a traditionalist. Is that fair to say?