Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:50:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Cabaret Voltaire thread

Started by Famous Mortimer, June 05, 2021, 05:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

Old one (from 2010) here.

Using my weekend productively, because it's too hot out to do the gardening. I'm listening to Cabaret Voltaire at the mo, never bothered with them much at the time because by the time I came of age, they'd progressed into doing stuff I wasn't all that interested in.

I'm still stuck on their early demos, the vast swathes of creativity coming out of nowhere, sounding like something new and interesting. To start off a bit of a discussion, though, I'm wondering if there's a definitive guide to which of their "unofficial" albums you'd be best off getting hold of to get the full set of demos? There are so many, with titles like "1974-1976" and "Chapter One", with next to no information about them online. Heck, if anyone does a really deep dive, I'll compile them all from various sources.

Pauline Walnuts

The last one Shadow Of Fear really felt just like solo Kirk's Dasein part 2.

They've made 2 more albums since that one?

Johnny Yesno

I have the Methodology '74 / '78. Attic Tapes CD box and that's about as many demos as I need, tbh. It's not unofficial, though.

For non-demo early stuff, I can't recommend The Living Legends highly enough. It has all their early singles and b-sides on the one disc.

McChesney Duntz

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on June 05, 2021, 09:15:02 PM
For non-demo early stuff, I can't recommend The Living Legends highly enough. It has all their early singles and b-sides on the one disc.

Seconded heartily.

Jockice