Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:46:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Liverpool Narcos - Sky Docs

Started by Toxteth OGrady, June 06, 2021, 03:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Only watched 3 quarters of the Gary Ablletts episode so far. Self-aggrandising ex cons and sub-brooky drama in between.

Has anyone seen the other 2? Should I bother (lad)?

Aaron500

The coke one is OK, particularly where they have the actual protagonist watching the filming of a "reconstruction" of events in his life, and then saying "what the fuck was that? That never happened!"

What's off-putting is that they're scousers, who aren't my cup of tea, and they claim a Liverpool exceptionalism, even though the same was happening in nearly every town and city. Plus as ex cons, especially ex cons appearing on TV, you're fairly sure they're lying/bullshitting most of the time.

The Jimmy Hills one was the best, probably because "I was there" and I'm familiar with the scenarios (dealers being run by the bouncers, various gangs fighting to run the doors). A really bleak moment when the main E dealer bumps into an old friend who is his age but not doing well.

druss

Haven't watched this but I know that around 15 years ago a lot of the big time cocaine dealers with Liverpool were involved in grooming and abusing adolescent girls. So if the ex-cons featured are from that era then they're probably bigger fucking scumbags than the documentary is making out.

Kankurette

Wouldn't surprise me, I read somewhere about teenage Scouse gangsters gang raping girls and filming it. Of course, they're not Asian so nobody cares.