Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,347
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:22:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Revisiting Tackhead

Started by Catalogue of ills, June 06, 2021, 04:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catalogue of ills

I'm trying to thin out my vinyl at the moment, which involves setting to one side the obvious keepers and then playing everything else to decide whether to keep it or not depending on vinyl quality and whether I still like it or not. At the moment I'm playing all the Tackhead albums and 12 inches that I have. It's been a while, and I was a little unsure whether it would have dated - would it all sound a bit too 80s, in not a good way? I needn't have worried - fucking hell, these lads knew what they were doing. It was a bit of a trope at the time that they were 'ahead of their time', but one which turns out to have been true. That's not to say that isn't a core of 80s industrial funk there, but a) they did that very well, and b) around it they built such a well thought out soundscape that still sounds fantastic. As an example, it's hard now to conceive that I was listening to this version of Mind at the End of the Tether in 1987. So I'm keeping the lot.

Head Gardener

Yes indeed anything Tackhead or Tackhead related is a stamp of approval tbh, from the core band through Skip & Doug's solo work, Little Axe, Barmy Army
and Gary Clail's magnificent End Of The Century Party which is essentially Tackhead & friends, I love em all to bits and have seen them live several times too
so maybe I am a bit biased.

Although it never came out on vinyl THIS live version of Overload from a night of Interference is one of the greatest ever floor clearing monsters!

Catalogue of ills

Quote from: Head Gardener on June 06, 2021, 05:05:05 PM
Yes indeed anything Tackhead or Tackhead related is a stamp of approval tbh, from the core band through Skip & Doug's solo work, Little Axe, Barmy Army
and Gary Clail's magnificent End Of The Century Party which is essentially Tackhead & friends, I love em all to bits and have seen them live several times too
so maybe I am a bit biased.

Although it never came out on vinyl THIS live version of Overload from a night of Interference is one of the greatest ever floor clearing monsters!

That's a terrific racket, thanks.