Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:48:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ex-royals had sex again

Started by bakabaka, June 06, 2021, 05:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: chveik on June 06, 2021, 07:03:47 PM
Lil Ibet, already planning her cloud rap career
Are you saying the kid will be dead by 20? You monster.

Pinball

Mountbatten is in the name too.

For a couple who hate the royals so much, and have done such massive demonstrable damage to the detested Firm, the names are laughably ingratiating. Hypocritical dumb asses, they've actually made things worse for themselves. Why no Meghan family names? No value add, I guess. So stick with the royal fakery to monetise your baby. Wouldn't think you are ex-royals, you brazen hypocrites.

Maybe they will get the names finer tuned when they spunk out baby 3.

Everyone thinks Harry's dad is James Hewitt, which would give the new arrival even less of a claim to the hallowed names. But they could choose to identify as a Royal if that's the side they later choose, rather like "Rey Skywalker".

Kankurette

Quote from: mothman on June 06, 2021, 08:50:33 PM
Yeah? What's their beef? Or is it just that they all stan Kate?
Meghan is too black common/'woke' for them. They really do not like her on there.

easytarget

Lilbert? Sounds like something Scott Addams would come up with! Lol :crylaughingemoji: g'night folks!

Chedney Honks

Fair play to them for winding up a load of cunts.

Icehaven

They should have called it Phillipa Mortis-Haha.

dissolute ocelot

Lilibet is a shit name, but Lili is ok. I guess with Harry himself being christened Henry, he's happy to give the kid a name she'll never be called safe in the knowledge that it'll wind up the Royal family.

Although I now have visions of the queen trying to say her own name after a stroke.

Paul Calf

It's the Queen's nickname. It's like Sean Lennon calling his son Overrated Scouse Cunt.

Icehaven

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on June 07, 2021, 09:09:02 AM
Although I now have visions of the queen trying to say her own name after a stroke.

And in a German accent, appropriately.

Fambo Number Mive

I do find it a bit laughable how the gammon press claim naming a baby after the Queen's nickname is a slight. It's not like they named her Republic In Britain Now or something. If they hadn't given her that name they would be complaining she wasn't named after the Wueen or something.

Blue Jam

Interesting to see that Celia Walden is among those writing bizarre royal baby fanfic about how Bants and Syoots' new nipper will be growing up "woke":

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2021/06/06/does-lilis-la-la-tastic-first-year-look-like/

I guess she really isn't bothered by her husband's weird obsession with Meghan then.

Pinball

It's odd to use a nickname derivation, like saying Dick instead of Richard, Rob instead of Robert, Adi instead of Adolf etc. No class, and clearly little research or advice applied ;-)

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 07, 2021, 10:27:50 AM
Interesting to see that Celia Walden is among those writing bizarre royal baby fanfic about how Bants and Syoots' new nipper will be growing up "woke":
I MEAN YEAH PROBABLY she's Gen Alpha or whatever

BREAKING NEWS young people have different political views than crusty old boomers who write for print media

ps love how they're clearly "ingratiating themselves" couldn't possibly be that the man loves his grandmother and regrets the very public falling out and rift in the family

jobotic

Julie Burchill has a refreshingly un-PC totally fucking racist take on this.

She's employed by our mainstream media.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on June 07, 2021, 11:30:07 AM
I MEAN YEAH PROBABLY she's Gen Alpha or whatever

BREAKING NEWS young people have different political views than crusty old boomers who write for print media

All that, but FYI: Celia Walden's husband is Piers Morgan.

Didn't that alleged incident of Meghan "ghosting" him after one drink occur when he had been married to Walden for some time? What a creep. Does she really not mind him dwelling on it so much?

Blue Jam

From the Mail:

QuoteLili – who is eighth in line to the throne – was born in Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital in California, a private facility where births cost up to £20,000.

This doesn't seem so flash once you remember that there are no NHS hospitals in LA.

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 07, 2021, 11:55:35 AM
From the Mail:

This doesn't seem so flash once you remember that there are no NHS hospitals in LA.

QuoteAccording to the American Journal of Managed Care, which cited data from a Health Care Cost Institute (HCCI) report, the average cost of childbirth admission for an individual with employer-sponsored insurance was $13,811 from 2016 to 2017, with the out-of-pocket spending ranging from $1,000 to $2,500 by state.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/birth-america-cost-us-hospital-c-section-b1765878.html

$20k seems reasonable.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Better Midlands on June 07, 2021, 12:32:34 PM
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/birth-america-cost-us-hospital-c-section-b1765878.html

$20k seems reasonable.

The Mail article states that their figure of "up to £20,000" is based on the cost of a Caesarean (a vaginal birth costs £10,000).

I recently watched the episode of The Office (US) where
Spoiler alert
Pam and Jim
[close]
have their baby and despite the contractions getting increasingly strong and frequent they try to delay going to hospital until after midnight because their insurance won't cover a two-night stay. I just remember thinking how incredibly fucked up that was.

Yes, giving birth in the US is expensive for everyone.

Ferris

It's ok if it is expensive because there is no federally mandated parental leave so you are back to work immediately to pay off the balance.

Tremendous system.

Kankurette

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 07, 2021, 10:27:50 AM

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2021/06/06/does-lilis-la-la-tastic-first-year-look-like/

I guess she really isn't bothered by her husband's weird obsession with Meghan then.
She and Morgan really deserve each other.

Kankurette

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 07, 2021, 11:55:35 AM
From the Mail:

Don't know what they're complaining about, they want us all to have private healthcare.

As for Burchill, she's probably just bitter because her son topped himself. I'd top myself too if that piece of shit was my mum.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Kankurette on June 07, 2021, 05:36:19 PM
Don't know what they're complaining about, they want us all to have private healthcare.

The Mail have been tying themselves in knots trying to make Syoots sound like a diva:

QuoteBuilt in the Spanish Colonial style, it boasts a feeling more like a home than a hospital. Or perhaps even a hotel.

Every room has wifi, a video monitor and computer keyboard. There is a menu for food orders and room service, as well as a pantry so women in labour and loved ones can help themselves to snacks at any time they wish.

As well as a bed with lots of pillows to help keep the mother-to-be comfortable, each birthing room also has a recliner, a rocking chair and a sofa.

These would help the anxious father-to-be or other birthing partner so Harry would have been able to make himself comfortable too.

There are also outside terraces to walk off labour pains and hot tubs for hydrotherapy.

OMG a sofa??!! And she was allowed out for a walk? How decadent...

The NHS facility where my friend gave birth recently sounds posher, with a birthing pool and aromatherapy and everything:

https://pregnancyandparents.org.uk/information-and-research/birthcentre/

What's so wrong with it looking like a hotel anyway? I think making a maternity ward feel less clinical and more "homey" is a lovely idea.

Gawd I hate this miserable little country.

Kankurette

Where was she supposed to have the baby? A cardboard box?

TrenterPercenter

Hehe that Mail section is brilliant!

"A pantry"

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

yeah what a disgusting rich ungrateful posho

she should squat down and have it on the kitchen floor like a real woman

Blue Jam

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on June 07, 2021, 06:17:19 PM
Hehe that Mail section is brilliant!

"A pantry"

It reminds me of that time that UKIP guy (I forget his name now) said "women are better at finding mustard in the pantry". I just thought "Who the hell stills says "pantry" (or even has a pantry)?" That and "mustard belongs in the fridge".

I think the thing of making maternity wards look more "homey" is partly a response to more people wanting to go for home births despite the risks. Why should the only options be "Risky home birth" or "Safer but more cold and stressful hospital birth"? Pregnant women are often made to feel that they're not in full ownership of their bodies, why not help them to feel a little more in control and more comfortable and safer? People understand why hospitals try to make children's wards look a bit brighter and more colourful and less scary, why not other wards?

It's almost as if the Daily Mail just hates women and wants them to suffer... oh, hang on... ;)

Ferris

Quote from: Kankurette on June 07, 2021, 05:36:19 PM

As for Burchill, she's probably just bitter because her son topped himself. I'd top myself too if that piece of shit was my mum.

Nobody likes the Mail, but this criticism is not on.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 07, 2021, 07:12:55 PMIt reminds me of that time that UKIP guy (I forget his name now) said "women are better at finding mustard in the pantry". I just thought "Who the hell stills says "pantry" (or even has a pantry)?" That and "mustard belongs in the fridge".

It's just a room with some food in it, and is possibly even a cupboard.  They seem to both want to talk up the place but also slight it for not being traditional enough.  It's wonderful how much it pisses them off.

QuoteBuilt in the foreign Spanish Colonial style, it boasts a feeling more like a regular home than a hospital. Or perhaps even a brothel.

Every room has wifi, a giant flat screen TV and computer keyboard for accessing Facebook or The TikTok. There is a menu for world cuisine and standard room service, as well as a pantry so women in labour and loved ones can help themselves to crisps and mars bars at any time they wish.

As well as a modern simple bed with lots of overly soft pillows to help keep the mother-to-be comfortable, each spawning room also has a recliner, a rocking chair and a sofa that looks as though could of come from Matalan.

Blue Jam

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on June 07, 2021, 07:35:58 PM
It's wonderful how much it pisses them off.

When the pregnancy was announced they published a mad bit of speculative fiction on all the places where Meghan might give birth and basically trawled a load of brochures to find all the most expensive and New Age-y clinics. They must be livid that there's nothing really New Age-y about the one Harry and Meghan actually went with. The closest thing is hydrotherapy, and despite the name that's not a form of alternative medicine.

This is the worst they could do:

QuoteThe California hospital where Meghan Markle gave birth to a baby girl called Lilibet 'Lili' Diana Mountbatten-Windsor on Friday is a large not-for-profit foundation set up in 1888 by a group of 50 women that oversees 2,400 births a year.

Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital is proud of its all-female founders, a heritage that is likely to strike a chord with the Duchess of Sussex due to her interest in female empowerment.

A women's clinic founded by women is so unusual isn't it? Must have been hard to find one of those. Bloody virtue-signalling feminist! Why couldn't she have her baby in a male-pattern baldness clinic?

Or just the nearest and most convenient hospital...

QuoteLocated in downtown Santa Barbara, it is one of the closest hospitals to their £11million mansion in nearby Montecito, which is roughly ten minutes away by car.

Ah.