Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:18:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ex-royals had sex again

Started by bakabaka, June 06, 2021, 05:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

Quote from: Chedney Honks on June 07, 2021, 06:08:21 AM
Fair play to them for winding up a load of cunts.

they love to be outraged like that though

we used to throw abuse at the new royal babies but now with the culture wars shit we can't have fun anymore.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 07, 2021, 07:47:20 PM
A women's clinic founded by women is so unusual isn't it? Must have been hard to find one of those. Bloody virtue-signalling feminist! Why couldn't she have her baby in a male-pattern baldness clinic?

Hehe! I really just enjoy this shit from the them now.  As a vocal republican I've had several friends ask me "whose side I'm on" and I've found it easy so far to just Bantz and Syootz all day everyday over these rightwing misery merchants.  The problem that is occurring is I'm actually starting to actually like and even respect them both which is doing some really weird stuff to me morally inside.

imitationleather

They're going to pull some strings with Biden and have him invade the UK and install Harry as the new King.

Kankurette

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on June 07, 2021, 08:27:26 PM
Hehe! I really just enjoy this shit from the them now.  As a vocal republican I've had several friends ask me "whose side I'm on" and I've found it easy so far to just Bantz and Syootz all day everyday over these rightwing misery merchants.  The problem that is occurring is I'm actually starting to actually like and even respect them both which is doing some really weird stuff to me morally inside.
I'm starting to like them out of spite. I am a massive republican but the fact these two live rent free in the heads of despicable people like Julie Burchill and Piers Morgan makes me want to root for them. Btw one house I lived in had a pantry, it was literally just a walk-in cupboard and it was a ground floor flat, we're not talking some swanky penthouse.
Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 07, 2021, 07:13:47 PM
Nobody likes the Mail, but this criticism is not on.
OK, maybe it was a little harsh, but still. I can be hateful too, but I don't make money out of it, nor do I sic my followers on an Asian woman, knowing full well she'll get death and rape threats, and gleefully like posts telling her to kill herself. Or worm my way into a lesbian rabbi's house and then send her a really disgusting homophobic and antisemitic email. And that's just two of the things she's done. She doesn't HAVE to write hateful articles about marginalised groups for cash, or act like a total douchebag on social media, yet she chooses to do so. I'm not glad her son died, I'm not that heartless but people like her and Morgan make the world a much worse place. Morgan sneers about 'wokes' but at least the majority of them have principles, they believe in something. He doesn't believe in anything.

And I'm well aware that talking about those two cunts is playing into their hands, trust me.

Ferris

Won't pursue it, but there's a difference between being "too harsh" and just being entirely off the mark in a way that made me uncomfortable enough to mention it. I'll leave it there.

Blue Jam

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on June 07, 2021, 08:27:26 PM

I find Markle easy to like, she always comes across as intelligent, passionate and articulate. Also I enjoyed Suits when it first started and again when I revisited it. I think she's pretty good as Rachel Zane, Louis Litt (Richard Hoffman) is one of my favourite characters in anything ever, those two characters have an interesting dynamic and the actors have good chemistry. Helicopter Murderer on the other hand... a bit more problematic, but I have to concede that perhaps Banter Harry actually has matured a bit. In the Oprah interview I was surprised at how articulate he was, especially at him articulating his anger. And he was so very very angry... he didn't hold back and I couldn't help admiring him for that despite my better judgement. Arrrggghh.

I suppose on a personal level, where I feel all this actually affects me, is the way the coverage has dismissed the couple over mental health concerns and family estrangement. After all the hard work that has been done to eradicate the stigma around mental health it's frustrating to see people like Piers Morgan putting in the effort to see that stigma is maintained. Ditto for familial estrangement- it happens to a lot of us and it's hard enough without people assuming your family must be lovely really and were just doing their best and you're cold and heartless and unappreciative for walking away. It's especially weird to see that happening with Bants'n'Syoots when we know exactly what Meghan's father did to upset her, and we know Harry's family might be the most dysfunctional family in history.

idunnosomename

Wifi in every room? Unbelievable.

Blue Jam

In other news it looks like Julie Burchill has either flounced or been banned from Twitter. Nothing to see here:

https://twitter.com/BoozeAndFagz

EDIT: There is speculation that she was trying to get banned so she could wail about being "cancelled" but when that didn't happen she flounced instead.

https://twitter.com/GafferSamgee/status/1401936193512787976/photo/1

EOLAN

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 08, 2021, 10:15:08 AM
I find Markle easy to like, she always comes across as intelligent, passionate and articulate. Also I enjoyed Suits when it first started and again when I revisited it. I think she's pretty good as Rachel Zane, Louis Litt (Richard Hoffman) is one of my favourite characters in anything ever, those two characters have an interesting dynamic and the actors have good chemistry. Helicopter Murderer on the other hand... a bit more problematic, but I have to concede that perhaps Banter Harry actually has matured a bit. In the Oprah interview I was surprised at how articulate he was, especially at him articulating his anger. And he was so very very angry... he didn't hold back and I couldn't help admiring him for that despite my better judgement. Arrrggghh.

I suppose on a personal level, where I feel all this actually affects me, is the way the coverage has dismissed the couple over mental health concerns and family estrangement. After all the hard work that has been done to eradicate the stigma around mental health it's frustrating to see people like Piers Morgan putting in the effort to see that stigma is maintained. Ditto for familial estrangement- it happens to a lot of us and it's hard enough without people assuming your family must be lovely really and were just doing their best and you're cold and heartless and unappreciative for walking away. It's especially weird to see that happening with Bants'n'Syoots when we know exactly what Meghan's father did to upset her, and we know Harry's family might be the most dysfunctional family in history.

Myself and some friends have gone 180 on our opinions on Markle. They thought she was great and wonderful and it was so romantic when she married Harry; and now she is somehow a home wrecker and destroying the poor family; whereas I thought she lacked ambition and gave up any means of a normal life and just wanted to be a princess and wasn't really in love; but since she seems just more committed to her man and not any Duchess status.

Also; hear about how terrible it is about Harry being taken away from his family. Like everyone should happily have their lives dictated by one of their grandmothers. And also that the royal family lineage is his own family and never any mention of the Spencers; he aren't overly keen on the royal family themselves.

Kankurette

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 08, 2021, 10:52:50 AM
In other news it looks like Julie Burchill has either flounced or been banned from Twitter. Nothing to see here:

https://twitter.com/BoozeAndFagz

EDIT: There is speculation that she was trying to get banned so she could wail about being "cancelled" but when that didn't happen she flounced instead.

https://twitter.com/GafferSamgee/status/1401936193512787976/photo/1
Always the victims. Never their fault.

Icehaven

Quote from: EOLAN on June 08, 2021, 11:51:29 AM
Also; hear about how terrible it is about Harry being taken away from his family. Like everyone should happily have their lives dictated by one of their grandmothers. And also that the royal family lineage is his own family and never any mention of the Spencers; he aren't overly keen on the royal family themselves.

Yep I had similar thoughts when it was first in the news that they were going to step back from doing royal stuff a bit and possibly live abroad. The resultant fuss seemed bizarre given it was essentially complaining about a couple in the 30s with a baby not wanting their living arrangements, work, travel and every move decided for them because of who one of their families are. If you ask the average person in the street what they'd do if they had that kind of money and opportunity an awful lot of them would probably do something similar, move wherever you wanted in the world and make your own life. As for them using their royal status/former royal status to make money well why not? They weren't going to work in Tesco were they.

It does seem the name is an attempt to get back in with the Queen. Meghan isn't doing anything similar to mend bridges with her estranged dad or half sister, who wrote a book calling her a "pushy Princess". I'm not being funny, but Daily Mail people will say she clearly knows keeping the Royal link is more important to her career. I wonder if things became frosty between her and Prince Hal, if he blamed her for the whole Oprah thing putting a wedge between him and the rest of the Windsors/The Firm. But I have no interest in tittle tattle.

idunnosomename

they shouldve called the baby BoozeAndFagz

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

okay you all know that several things can be true, right

1) Harry can't do the royal fucking circus any more, either the press printing horrible things about his wife and giving her shitbag father airtime, or having his every move dictated by the rest of the family. He's sixth in line to the throne at this stage, he doesn't have to stay, so he didn't.

2) Harry still loves his dad and brother and grandmother and naming his daughter after his grandmother is a way of saying "I still love you and I want to honour our relationship". Not everything is cynical 4-D chess like Piers Morgan thinks.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 08, 2021, 10:15:08 AM

Arrrggh is the internal monologue I'm familiar with.  I've never seen Suits or Markle before so when it was announced I was really non-plussed about either I just assumed she wanted to marry a Prince and was into all this stuff; in fact I had a wonderful row with a royalist woman in my office who said to me "perhaps they just fell in love Trentz" and me trying to explain their love had nothing to do with the whole country having to worship their wedding; apparently I'm meant to just forget my republicanism because look at the big wedding and fancy dresses, isn't it wonderful.  Fast forward a year and she's regurgitating the Mail about how much of a gold digging bad influence Markle is and how much she tricked everyone and I'm going hmmmm actually this all quite good you know I think you were right perhaps they did just fall in love!

Interesting thing isn't it; Marks being a bad influence and how "she's turned the weens against us!" when she actually seems to have been pretty fucking great for Harry; his mental wellbeing and maturity.  It's actually quite a nice story when you think about it; these two have helped each other with their problems and have supported each other in face of some pretty nasty stuff, they've grown and it's made them stronger....you know like exactly what good couples are meant to do. 

Fuck it! Let's do the wedding again!! I'll watch it this time.

On Bantz, I know what you mean; my policy is you can't attack the weens; it's nobodies fault what family you are born into but if you haven't got it worked out that you are part of an emblem for social control and inequality in your early 20s then it's fair game.  Bantz isn't out of the woods here by a long stretch but he has genuinely said some things recently that I have never heard a royal say and I can't believe I'm saying this but he sounds sincere.  Maybe I'm wrong I don't know but he made some brilliant comments about social media a couple of months back I just heard someone reading it out without knowing who it was but when I found out it was Bantz I was impressed. Anyway supporting them against the rightwing press was always nailed in for me actually liking them is something I'm still very much coming to terms with.

QuoteI suppose on a personal level, where I feel all this actually affects me, is the way the coverage has dismissed the couple over mental health concerns and family estrangement. After all the hard work that has been done to eradicate the stigma around mental health it's frustrating to see people like Piers Morgan putting in the effort to see that stigma is maintained. Ditto for familial estrangement- it happens to a lot of us and it's hard enough without people assuming your family must be lovely really and were just doing their best and you're cold and heartless and unappreciative for walking away. It's especially weird to see that happening with Bants'n'Syoots when we know exactly what Meghan's father did to upset her, and we know Harry's family might be the most dysfunctional family in history.

Yep; these ghouls are completely in the business of cascading their views onto the population; this idea of poor people being the cesspools of which these utterly inhumane views arise from has always been an elitist trick; compassion, solidarity and support has always been a staple of poor communities as means of survival.  This is all part of the psychological warfare that the rich have always enacted on the population to keep us all in line; we are savages that need saviours and direction in their eyes and it gives the a reason to exist.

Blue Jam

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on June 08, 2021, 02:27:47 PM
Arrrggh is the internal monologue I'm familiar with.  I've never seen Suits or Markle before so when it was announced I was really non-plussed about either I just assumed she wanted to marry a Prince and was into all this stuff; in fact I had a wonderful row with a royalist woman in my office who said to me "perhaps they just fell in love Trentz"... Fast forward a year and she's regurgitating the Mail about how much of a gold digging bad influence Markle is and how much she tricked everyone and I'm going hmmmm actually this all quite good you know I think you were right perhaps they did just fall in love!

Ha, same here. I started off thinking "She's got a career and is doing well and is already independently wealthy and doesn't need Bants's money, why does she want to give all that up and be a princess and live in a castle? I thought she was a feminist". Now I'm thinking that to have put up with everything they did they really must have loved each other...

QuoteInteresting thing isn't it; Marks being a bad influence and how "she's turned the weens against us!" when she actually seems to have been pretty fucking great for Harry; his mental wellbeing and maturity.  It's actually quite a nice story when you think about it; these two have helped each other with their problems and have supported each other in face of some pretty nasty stuff, they've grown and it's made them stronger....you know like exactly what good couples are meant to do

I can remember murmurings that Bants never cared for all the pomp and ceremony and protocol and the Oprah interview left me with the impression that he was just too normal for his fucked-up family and had been looking for a way out for some time. Now I am also thinking his situation reminds me of those parents who complain that their adult child has been poisoned against them by a partner, when the truth is they've just experienced happiness for the first time and it's shown them how dysfunctional their family of origin is. With Harry it also looks like the further away from his family he's got, the happier he's been- not just in California, but didn't someone here say he was on the record for saying he'd been in Afghanistan than in the UK? That's some indictment.

Also, both Meghan and Harry come from dysfunctional familes- maybe, just maybe, that's something they have in common? Perhaps Harry can just relate to Meghan than he could to any British blonde debutante that had been presented to him before.

As an aside I'm wondering if all the hatred aimed at them is partly to take the heat off Wills as well as Andrew. Wills' behaviour of late hasn't been terribly mature and respectable, if we're to believe the reports about him and *cough cough* Rose Hanbury *cough*.

chveik

just remember that Oprah's self empire and Netflix aren't exactly forces for good.

touchingcloth

Look at this little gimp

Habsburg jaw? Habsburg face, more like.

Blue Jam

Julie Burchill has now been sacked by the Telegraph:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/julie-burchill-telegraph-lilibet-tweet-b1861989.html

She went way beyond doing a Danny Baker there, fair enough. Substack now?

Fambo Number Mive

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 09, 2021, 08:44:02 AM

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/julie-burchill-telegraph-lilibet-tweet-b1861989.html

Holy fuck that is incredible!  This is really weird behaviour does she think there is some conspiracy between H&M and a black man being murdered. Fuck sake that is grim.

Blue Jam

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on June 09, 2021, 09:47:39 AM
does she think there is some conspiracy between H&M and a black man being murdered

No she doesn't. The only thing connecting Meghan Markle and George Floyd is the fact that they're not white. It's not a conspiracy theory, it's just plain unvarnished racism.

Quote"I've been sacked by the Telegraph – it's been a lovely five years, and I'll always be grateful to them for ending my wilderness years," she wrote.

"However, I'd be lying if I said that I hadn't often moaned to my husband recently about them always rejecting my edgy column ideas and giving me more pedestrian ones – which I've done splendidly anyway."

"Onwards and upwards!" she added.

Hahaha, what a twat.

Ferris

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 09, 2021, 08:44:02 AM

She's a nasty piece of work - remember when she was tweeting about Ash Sarkar?

Read the legal judgement if you can find it - it wasn't just a poorly-worded tweet at gin o'clock, it was a fairly sustained bullying campaign that she carried on with presumably because she thought she wouldn't face any consequences. The Telegraph was fine with that but having a pop at (former?) royals considered a bridge too far. Curious.

Icehaven

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 09, 2021, 09:57:08 AM
No she doesn't. The only thing connecting Meghan Markle and George Floyd is the fact that they're not white.

And Markle also helps fuel the evil BLM movement by mentioning that racism exists, as did Floyd by lying down on the floor and pulling a police officer's knee onto his throat until he was dead. They're clearly both pushing the same agenda.

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 09, 2021, 09:57:08 AM
The only thing connecting Meghan Markle and George Floyd is the fact that they're not white. It's not a conspiracy theory, it's just plain unvarnished racism.

Joanne Toch, a barrister who exchanged banterment with JB on Twitter, has been suspended. (Dunno if that's in the link too, I can't read it.)

QuoteJoanna Toch, 59, made comments on Twitter in conversation with Julie Burchill
Miss Burchill, 61, was criticised for suggesting baby name of 'Georgina Floydina'
In reply to Miss Burchill, Miss Toch wrote: 'No Doria? (Meghan's mother's name) Don't black names matter?'
Miss Burchill said: 'I was hoping for Doria Oprah', then Miss Toch said: 'Doprah?'
Miss Toch later apologised 'unreservedly' and said she had 'children of colour'

Love that abject last line.

Kankurette

They probably hate her. If they exist.

Burchill will no doubt write another book about how the left are oppressing her. Surprised the Torygraph sacked her though. And yeah, Ash Sarkar got death and rape threats thanks to Burchill egging her fan club on. Her feminism doesn't include women who aren't white, straight, cis or Christian.

Blue Jam

Oh fuck off Noel:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/noel-gallagher-feels-prince-williams-24286285

He used to be such a great bunch of lads, what happened? I really don't feel comfortable preferring his total dickhole of a little brother.

phantom_power

Of all the strange and unpredictable things that have happened these last few years, Liam being the best Gallagher is by far the strangest. It is amazing how there seems to be a generational divide between two brothers. Noel is the old cunt shouting at clouds and Liam is the one taking all the changes in his stride

If nothing else, and there probably is nothing else, Harry and Meghan are a good indicator of whether someone is a prick or not

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

QuoteAs reported in The Sun, Noel suggested that he actually saw himself 'as the William' of his family.
[...]"Just don't be f***ing dissing your family because there's no need for it."
just standing in a big pile of smashed up glass with rocks all round the outside