Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:08:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Old woman yells at grass

Started by JamesTC, June 06, 2021, 11:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on June 07, 2021, 12:49:09 AM
When someone has this little in their life they should be euthanised and their bodies re-purposed as furniture.

It sounds like one of those HOA's like they have in America would give her purpose. They seem to love using lawn mowing frequency as a vehicle for petty vendettas if the internet is anything to go by.

Ferris

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on June 07, 2021, 09:19:43 AM
My retired neighbour does this about twice a week and it makes me really angry. Literally nothing better to do than mow grass that isn't even his land. What harm to let it grow? It encourages pollinators. Who cares if looks a state? It's not like litter.

I'm largely kidding about them looking a state - I filled them with garlic and lavender and let the rest go wild which I quite like and requires essentially zero maintenance. Will be planting hop cuttings against the cedars for next summer I think.

It baffles me the tiny things that people think to spend their time on but I think once you get old you just go a bit bonkers.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 07, 2021, 11:42:31 AM
It baffles me the tiny things that people think to spend their time on but I think once you get old you just go a bit bonkers.

Think this kind of behaviour happens to a lot of people once they hit retirement. Trying to find things to fill the day that was once occupied by the structure of work.

Fambo Number Mive

The one good thing about mown verges at the moment is that if you have to step on them to try to socially distance it's easier to see if there is any dog poo.

Ferris

If any dogs do poos (or wees) on my garlic I'm gonna lose it

Dr Rock

Looks like it would take her 20 minutes to pick up that grass.

Fambo Number Mive

Can grass go in the general waste bin though? She might not have a garden waste bin.

Dr Rock

poodlefaker

"It just lays there" FFS, this country.

JamesTC

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 07, 2021, 01:31:28 PM
If any dogs do poos (or wees) on my garlic I'm gonna lose it

I'm not eating your garlic bread.

Replies From View

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 07, 2021, 09:53:28 AM
Perhaps she doesn't want a compost heap or already has one and uses the grass from her own garden. Why can t the council just rake up the grass and take it away, seeing as it is their land?

Or, more pertinently, why can't she stop actively seeking out little nothings to moan about.  She has precious few years left and she's spending them gasping at invented horrors.

I bet she never once mentioned it to her council either, and her first initiative was to bitch to the media.  She is that type.  "For seven months nobody read my mind as I sat here with an exaggeratedly sullen face so that they would take the hint.  Nobody once put two and two together and assumed I was cross about the grass."

Replies From View

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 07, 2021, 01:42:15 PM
Can grass go in the general waste bin though? She might not have a garden waste bin.

She could try using her pocket money to buy one.

thenoise

Ugh. Hate the smell of cut grass.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Replies From View on June 07, 2021, 04:05:28 PM
She could try using her pocket money to buy one.

£50 a year for a garden waste bin here. I don't know how much a garden waste bin is where she is.

Glebe

NoSleep

Glebe

Glebe

JamesTC

The general public seem to back her judging by comments on the story in the Mirror:
QuoteThoughts and prayers to her during this difficult time 🙏
QuoteWhy don't they all club together and get a Goat ?
QuoteIf that is all she has bothering her, silly cow
Quotebuy a donkey
QuoteOMG, get a grip, people are dying and you're moaning about a bit of grass
QuoteI think you will find most council do this, cut the grass and leave the cuttings to mulch down. If she is moaning about it being there since April, why hasn't she organised a clear up with the neighbours. Only takes a handful of grass a day to clear the stuff and put in your own garden waste bin. Area doesn't look that large. If elderly - the majority will have younger family to help but I suppose most will just walk past it but continue moaning about it.

Glebe

Sorry, really clutching at straws now. 'Straws' - grass!