Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:09:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Old woman yells at grass

Started by JamesTC, June 06, 2021, 11:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberon

Gradual Decline

selectivememory

Quote from: Hand Solo on June 09, 2021, 10:37:53 PM

Sorry, but this is just horrible, and genuinely quite upsetting to see posted in this light-hearted thread. I think you should probably delete it, or at least put it behind a link with a warning.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: steve98 on June 09, 2021, 10:10:25 AM
Haha, just noticed the blind-eyes on Grasshopper's guru.

As a kid we'd get two 10p pieces or a ping pong ball cut into 2 halves, clench them in our eyes and go "Ahhh glasshopper", even though some of us had no clue what we were referencing, having learned it off someone else.  Later I learned a longer bit, something about "When you can walk on the ricepaper without leaving any trace, then you are ready for your journey."  Still not seen a second of that show so don't know how accurate the quote is, having learned it from some other kid over 40 years ago and it's still stuck in my brain.

steve98

I did the same thing with the 2 halves of a ping-pong ball*, and similarly "Ahh Glasshopper" was  the extent of my wise guru's sayings.

*I found it necessary to try and grip the ping-pong ball halves with my eye-sockets to retain then in place, which made me look like I was straining to do a shit.

chveik

Quote from: selectivememory on June 09, 2021, 10:53:51 PM
Sorry, but this is just horrible, and genuinely quite upsetting to see posted in this light-hearted thread. I think you should probably delete it, or at least put it behind a link with a warning.

agreed, it's really fucked up

Butchers Blind

Quote from: chveik on June 10, 2021, 10:40:51 AM
agreed, it's really fucked up

Its not that bad compared to other things posted and said on here.

Dex Sawash

I liked to shout at the tv GO AROUND THE RICE PAPER THIS TIME GRASSHOPPER. He never learns true wisdom.

The ping pong ball/grasshopper was an Eddie Large bit.

chveik

Quote from: Butchers Blind on June 10, 2021, 10:46:21 AM
Its not that bad compared to other things posted and said on here.

no

Butchers Blind

Alberon

It's an actual picture of a person getting actually murdered.

Take it down, please.

Hand Solo

Quote from: Alberon on June 10, 2021, 02:56:08 PM
It's an actual picture of a person getting actually murdered.

Like the Oswald photo that is constantly photoshopped in these threads and no one has given the slightest toss about? So the photoshops of child murderers, child rapists, parents of missing/murdered children, innocent white men being shot all FINE. A photo of a repeatedly convicted black felon being restrained who later died of an overdose after being removed from the scene that everyone has seen a million times and has been publicised all over the media except with an old woman pointing photoshopped into it BAD? Typical CaB.

chveik

selectivememory

Yikes. Yeah, I'm just going to stick him on my ignore list and forget about this. Not worth the stress, and I really don't need to see any more images like that posted for laughs and without any warning.

Spoon of Ploff

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Hand Solo

Quote from: selectivememory on June 10, 2021, 04:41:14 PM
Yikes. Yeah, I'm just going to stick him on my ignore list and forget about this. Not worth the stress, and I really don't need to see any more images like that posted for laughs and without any warning.

So actual photo of white man being shot dead = GOOD, photo of black man being restrained = OFFENSIVE

Really gives an insight into the patronising and patrician attitudes to certain minorities on here where the double standards are so blatant in their desperation to publicly virtue signal to disguise internalised racism.

And regardless of the facts of the case the logic behind the photoshop was MEME OF OLD WOMAN POINTING AT GROUND, OH GEORGE FLOYD WAS FAMOUS FOR BEING ON THE GROUND WASN'T HE, DARK COMEDY 101 FFS.

Bet this would one would have gone through with nary a question:

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on June 10, 2021, 07:44:57 PM

Fair. I'd put all political threads on here on ignore, I'm offended every time I read stuff on here but I just choose to physically ignore it rather than have to make a stink about how offended I am or someone should remove their post. I don't know why certain people can't do that.

Kankurette

I don't want to see pictures of real people being murdered regardless of colour. Sorry. Huge squick.

chveik

the 'black felon' was just 'restrained'

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I agree there's some hypocrisy here. It isn't just a cheap 'Stick object of humour next to recent news event and the humour will naturally arise' effort either, like you sometimes see, there's a nice bit of social commentary going on.

'Why ain't council come and cleaned up this black men they murrdahd? '

It might be worth those objecting wondering why one horrific event upsets and triggers them more than another which had similar, in some cases far more profound repercussions but wasn't as recent.

It was all lovely and squiggly and squee until you started lifting the lid on the human condition, how dare you Hand Solo, how dare you!

steve98

I'd like to see crazy grass-woman standing on and going finger to finger with Crazy Horse-Man (If they ever finish him.)

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

The best I could do. Sorry.

steve98

That's okay. Passes the time.

Interestingly, just where she's standing is the point at which his arm would have snapped, if the carvers had followed the marble original and chopped away all the stone under his arm: Too much stress; his finger would be pointing to the sky, instead of to his ancestral lands.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Hand Solo on June 10, 2021, 07:53:38 PM
So actual photo of white man being shot dead = GOOD, photo of black man being restrained = OFFENSIVE

Really gives an insight into the patronising and patrician attitudes to certain minorities on here where the double standards are so blatant in their desperation to publicly virtue signal to disguise internalised racism.

Yep.  Spot on.

selectivememory

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 10, 2021, 09:03:58 PM
I agree there's some hypocrisy here. It isn't just a cheap 'Stick object of humour next to recent news event and the humour will naturally arise' effort either, like you sometimes see, there's a nice bit of social commentary going on.

'Why ain't council come and cleaned up this black men they murrdahd? '

Personally, I think you're giving him way too much credit, especially in light of what he's posted since that picture, which has been very revealing. But fair enough.

chveik

the guy's spreading a right-wing conspiracy theory regarding Floyd's murder for fucks sake