Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:56:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Coronation Street

Started by Leej88, June 07, 2021, 10:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leej88

What is everyone's favourite year of Coronation Street mine would have to be 2010

Death of Joe faking his death
Jack's last episode I cried when I saw it.
The Tram Crash and the aftermath.

ProvanFan

Gets better every year imo

ProvanFan

Psybro

The years Pat Phelan was in it

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Psybro on June 08, 2021, 12:07:03 AM

Pat's final death walk is one of the greatest Corrie moments. Scored to Atmosphere by Joy Division. It's knowingly absurd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpziyu9k_dU

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on June 08, 2021, 01:24:58 AM
April 1975.

No, you're quite wrong! It's clearly May 1975 when Ray claims off the insurance. Eddie demands £20 compensation for losing Fury. Blanche is astonished that Deirdre spent three hours in a strange man's hotel room. Ray refuses to pay Eddie a penny. Rita vouches for the men who picked up her and Deirdre but Blanche thinks she has low standards.

April 1975 indeed, tchoh!

Jockice

When Suzie Birchall was in it.

Gulftastic

I'm liking Tyrone living out one of the writer's mid life crisis dream at the moment, as he has dumped Fizz for Alina.

Brundle-Fly

One fave was May 2005. The Lionel Hipkiss AKA Mel Hutchwright (Ian McKellen) storyline. It was so brilliantly written and performed. You could see the relish in the eyes of the older cast members in his scenes as they all upped their game.

Savour Lionel's final withering monologue about everybody he's conned after Ken exposes him in Roy's Rolls (or watch his entire story squashed into an hour ain the link.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQzRbQd3XSc&t=58m30s

the science eel

Quote from: Psybro on June 08, 2021, 12:07:03 AM

filmed in WHITEHAVEN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7-efwdbLtI

our only other claim to fame is that mad taxi driver killing everyone in 2010.

Oh, and It Bites

Bingo Fury

Quote from: Jockice on June 08, 2021, 05:17:39 AM
When Suzie Birchall was in it.

This. Responsible for "the Street's most explicit scene to date".

Leej88

they should bring back les and greg

Quote from: Bingo Fury on June 09, 2021, 10:22:34 PM
This. Responsible for "the Street's most explicit scene to date".

She removed a glove suggestively with her teeth (mind you, it was on Mike Baldwin's cock)

Jockice

Quote from: Gulftastic on June 08, 2021, 06:40:53 AM
I'm liking Tyrone living out one of the writer's mid life crisis dream at the moment, as he has dumped Fizz for Alina.

I'm enjoying it too. He's bought a big motorbike now. Just like one of my cousins did after he dumped his wife and got a much younger girlfriend, I was single during my midlife crisis and all I did was stop going out as much and fucked up my PhD.

PowerButchi

I've just watched the one when Hilda and Stan go to the Savoy. Marvellous.

Malcy

I gave up years ago in a moment of 'why am I still watching this shite'.

Saw a clip from a recent episode and I see it's still as ridiculous as ever. The last line is a cracker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRWsEd3CekM

jobotic

Still my favourite line was one of Norris' after a character who's name I forget - a brassy older lady who he found terribly vulgar - was telling a story that involved her somehow ending up naked in front of the captain of a cruise ship:

"I bet he was dressing you with his eyes".

I still find myself occasionally saying "Come here Percy" in Phyllis' voice when I find myself lusting over something (like a pint).