Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:25:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Only Fools and Horses

Started by Leej88, June 08, 2021, 05:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badaids

My favorite episode is where Del, Rodney and whichever one wasn't dead watch the whole of an overrated, maudlin and chintzy sitcom about three chiselling crook cunts while a small boy sits on the floor watching along with them in silence because it's 1987 and there's nothing else to do, and wondering puzzled at why they are laughing so much at this dross and inwardly hoping there is more to life than this.

franticplanet

As Derek Trotter awoke one morning from uneasy dreams, he found himself transformed in his bed into an enormous pair of sunglasses, before his clock radio sprang into life with Livin' la Vida Loca.

You couldn't make a show like this today as the BBC would insist on replacing Grandad with Grandma and Uncle Albert with Auntie Albert. And Del couldn't say "p**i shop" any more, he'd have to say "Sainsburys Local".

frajer

Who can possibly forget the ep where Rodney fell foul of some local ne'er-do-wells and they shattered one of his legs but luckily the doctors could install a length of metal alloy plates to restore mobility.

"Guess you really is a Rod-knee now arntcha son?" guffawed Uncle Albert.

"I'LL KILL YOU PISSBEARD!" Rodney roared, and did.

Everyone seems to think Livin' La Vida Loca was sung by Ricky Martin, but it was actually performed by John Sullivan.

Quote from: spam on June 14, 2021, 09:32:05 AM
As Derek Trotter awoke one morning from uneasy dreams, he found himself transformed in his bed into an enormous pair of sunglasses, before his clock radio sprang into life with Livin' la Vida Loca.

First DJ: Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your sunnies 'cause it's hot out there today.
Second DJ: It's hot out there every day. What is this, Miami Beach?

*Del Boy throws clock radio against the wall and it smashes*

JamesTC

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on June 14, 2021, 11:35:04 AM
Everyone seems to think Livin' La Vida Loca was sung by Ricky Martin, but it was actually performed by John Sullivan.

I always thought Rodney sang it!

idunnosomename

She'll take away your pain
Like the changing of the seasons and the tides of the sea

JamesTC

Anybody seen those daytime repeats of early episodes? The restoration is good but the episodes are censored and they have deepfaked Paul Whitehouse over Leonard Pierce. 

Quote from: JamesTC on June 14, 2021, 01:00:20 PM
I always thought Rodney sang it!

No, it can't be him as he's stood in the line, wearing shades.

She's into half price cracked ice,
Black cats and David Bowie LPs.

JamesTC

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on June 14, 2021, 02:15:57 PM
No, it can't be him as he's stood in the line, wearing shades.

Then how is Del narrating?

Quote from: JamesTC on June 14, 2021, 02:30:25 PM
Then how is Del narrating?

The narration is done by an older Del, played by Vanessa Redgrave.

Captain Z

One of the more interesting YouTube channels is "Only Food, No Horses", which breaks down the episodes into just the scenes where food is being eaten and analyses how this impacts the storyline, the health of the characters, the amount it would have cost at the time... etc.

Not a bad channel, but they did call the one where they go on the canal boat for Rodney's stag do and Del ends up cooking and eating that dog "a certified classic".

"Rodney, I'll always remember what Mummy said on her death bed; Woof."

"I asked him for an Emperor burger and he brings me back the burnt remains of a dead dog!"

JamesTC

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on June 14, 2021, 03:03:01 PM
Not a bad channel, but they did call the one where they go on the canal boat for Rodney's stag do and Del ends up cooking and eating that dog "a certified classic".

It was a classic. How can you not love it when Rodders is on the phone to Cassandra and he turns round and sees Del taking a big mouthful of dog thinking it is chicken? Then at the end when Rodney calls him Dog Boy. Top tier Fools and Horses.

Video Game Fan 2000

Boycie smoking a smoldering dog rib like it was a cigar was voted "39th Best BRITISH Comedy Moment" by the sack full of gremlins somewhere in a secluded Home Office basement.

Number 40 was Tommy Cooper dying live on stage. Number 38 David Brent's dance.

It'd be alright in isolation, but it's just a retread of the one where Uncle Albert falls down that cellar and lets Mike the barman cook him and eat him so he can claim compensation.

Video Game Fan 2000

Rodney: Cassandra's left me again to go have the miscarriage of her dreams in the carribbean, but at least this Christmas dinner was good. Triffic. Thanks Uncle Albert
Uncle Albert: least I can do for you my son, it was worth all the effort if you enjoyed it.
Del Boy: yeah this is a pukka turkey and ... mon dieu! what is this... ?
Rodney: its a sock Del!
Del Boy: you dozy old git! this is isn't a turkey, its your leg what we've been eating! on christmas
Rodney: so thats why he was sat next to the oven for two hours!
Uncle Albert: I wanted to recreate my favorite Christmas dinner memory. You see, during the war I was on a life boat and...
Del Boy: shut up you tart! Get all this gravy cleaned off your leg and get us the pudding

JamesTC

Rodney: That's not gravy on his leg, Del. That's coffee.

Video Game Fan 2000

Albert: ain't either of you gonna try the pig in a blanket?

Leej88

Just off Sainsbury's Local who wants a curry?

Video Game Fan 2000

Granddad knocks the bolt for the chandelier from a hammer and Del Boy and Rodney's limbs fall off at the joints all and roll down the step ladders.

Of course, we all remember the ID bracelet Del buys Rodney with the "copperplate writing" to make it read "Ronnie Hazelhurst" instead of "Rodney". What a lovely tribute to the great composer and an hilarious joke in its own right!

Mr Banlon

Del and Rodney flee to Northern Cyprus after the remains of Arnie the Jeweller and his two sons are discovered in a woodland shallow grave in the Weald of Kent.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Anyone ever play Trigger's spin off video game series?

Fambo Number Mive

Remember Only Fools and Horses on Ice? Nicholas Lyndhurst was "the Dean of Peckham", according to the Independent.

Captain Z

Got pretty dark in the episode where they find out Uncle Albert never actually fought in the war and they force him to go and live dahn Tabaccah Road. By the time they find him he's dead and buried with only his famous beard lying on the gravestone. The episode ends with Rodney singing that "we're so sorry Uncle Albert" song.