Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:08:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Only Fools and Horses

Started by Leej88, June 08, 2021, 05:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Video Game Fan 2000

The 'brown note' rumour variously attributed to Holger Czukay, Throbbing Gristle and Whitehouse is in fact true but it was achieved by John Sullivan in the version of "Hooky Street" used for the Only Fools and Horses credits. But due to the atrocious hygene of Only Fools and Horses megafans, this went undetected for nearly twenty five years.

Kankurette

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on June 22, 2021, 07:12:29 PM
There was a grunge version and all with a quiet/loud bit in the middle but they had to cut it because of all the defecations it caused startling people when Rodney started yelling BUSH BUSH BUSH, because by the early 1990s Only Fools and Horses viewer base was the demographic with the slackest sphincter control in the country
I liked the grime theme they did with Wiley and Kano in the 2014 revival.

Glebe

Stick a barney in me pockeh
Ah fesch the soo caze from the back
Cos if you wanna best 'uns
And y'don' ass questions
Then Bubba - here we go!

Video Game Fan 2000

I got a letter from Hooky Street the other day
I opened it, read it, it said they had miles and miles of carpet tiles

idunnosomename

gaa blass ooky STEE

vee VARGH vooky VEEE

C'est VARGH VARGH VEE

ARGH GARGH WEEGH

VARGH VARGH VEE

ARGH GARGH WEEGH

ARGH GARGH WEEGH

ARGH GARGH WEEGH

ARGH GARGH WEEGH

JamesTC

There is much speculation as to why the show is called Only Fools and Horses but the real reason is that it is an anagram of "Handy Loosens Floors" which is a reference to Grandad loosening the chandelier.

Video Game Fan 2000

WRONG. "Handy Loosens Floors" is a reference to Granddad's special homemade lubricant that melts adhesive and there enables him to obtain "miles and miles of carpet tiles"

Which explains his appearance. Granddad is only 34 years old.

petril

the one where they staged a rebellion in a Nazi POW camp and realised they'd have an easier time if they just stayed there and pretended the camp was running fine

frajer

Only Fools and Trivia: 'Grandad' was just something Del and Rodney called the senior character in order to better conceal his identity from the human world, whereas on their distant home planet of Trotter-17 the concept of a family unit is deemed a childish and outdated institution.

madhair60

Quote from: kalowski on June 22, 2021, 04:15:54 PM
I'm glad they stopped blackface Trigger from the first two series.

He returned for the final three specials.

Glebe

There was an unreleased one where Rodney discovers he is the illegitimate child of Brendan O' Shaughnessy. "Cos-mic... cos-bladdy-mick!"

Video Game Fan 2000

Pickle Del Boy: lookie here son i've only gone and turned maself into a bladdy pickle ahven't i? kushti!
Rordney: t-triffic Del, b-but why are y-you a p-pickle? th-that doesn't seem very c-cosmic haha oh jeez

Glebe

DEL: Oi really am vewy pwoud of yoo foh gettin' married, Rodney!

ROD: Thanks Del... keep holdin' back them years!

idunnosomename

Delicious Boy is short for Absolutely Deliciouso Boyton Browns.

frajer

I rather liked the episode where Rodney joined the crew of the deep space mining ship Red Dwarf and ended up stranded 3 million years in the future with a hologram of Del Boy and a creature evolved from Uncle's beard.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 23, 2021, 04:32:14 PM
Delicious Boy is short for Absolutely Deliciouso Boyton Browns.

Absolutely Deliciouso Boyton Browns is short for Absolutely Deliciouso Fingal O'Flahertie Boyton Wills St. John le Baptiste de la Salle Browns Boy (of Ulm) 

JamesTC

Quote from: frajer on June 23, 2021, 04:44:30 PM
I rather liked the episode where Rodney joined the crew of the deep space mining ship Red Dwarf and ended up stranded 3 million years in the future with a hologram of Del Boy and a creature evolved from Uncle's beard.

Trigger: Everybody's dead, Dave

Video Game Fan 2000

Timothy Spall: Only Fools and Horses? That's one our most popular VR coach trips! The waiting list is ten years.
So, which one of you was Cassandra? How many babies did you get to full term then?

Rimmer: I miscarried on Christmas

JamesTC

Turns out that Rodney is his own father by time travelling and becoming Freddie the Frog.

Video Game Fan 2000

Del Boy fell through the bar because he was a hologram.

JamesTC

Trigger pulls a face because he is just a face on a monitor.

Captain Z

They wake up and realise they have just been playing 'Only Fools And Horses: The Total Immersion Virtual Dining Experience' for the last few years.

idunnosomename

The Dibley family walking in a line wearing shades while Little Green Bag plays

Fambo Number Mive

Del Boy and Rodders have sex in the back of Denzil's lorry "At least it wasnt a train station lift" a disgusted DCI Slater comments.

Meanwhile Uncle Albert makes a racist comment and appears on GB News complaing about being "cancelled".

franticplanet

"Just remember to spit on Cassandra's wrist, you dipstick!"

JamesTC

Boycie becomes a farmer with Kryten.

Captain Z

It's cold outside
There's miles and miles of carpet tiles
I'm all alone, driving me berserk
Let me fly far away from here
Bush bush bush

kalowski

Grandad beat Trigger 3-2
Del Boy went out to Boycie on penalties.
Rodders got a bye.

If I remember rightly Freddie the Frog one in the end.