Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:20:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021/22: pre-seasons in the abyss

Started by sevendaughters, June 08, 2021, 10:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesTC

Christ Watford, at least look like you give a shit.

Wonder how many managers Watford will get through this season. They probably already have the record for most managers in a season from the last time they were in the top flight.

phantom_power

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on October 16, 2021, 11:18:46 AM
Solskjaer needs Rashford back to his form of a couple of seasons ago - that's his own personal priority, otherwise he'll be sacked by the end of the season. Clumsy comments, no doubt, but I think it shows he's beginning to feel some pressure: Leicester today is a tough game, we've got Liverpool next week, then Spurs and Man City, with Chelsea soon after. By the end of that run, his number may be close to being called, esp if there's a couple of duff European results added into the mess.

Seems a ridiculous thing to say, but the United owners have shown frequently they're prone to knee-jerk reactions.

It is fairly well understood that a lot of Rashford's trouble on the pitch has been down to injury rather than his off-the-pitch activities. He shouldn't be throwing his own players under this bus like that, and trotting the same old right-wing press rubbish about trying to help people.

Chollis

phantom_power

That was the easiest (on paper) game United have for a little while so by the next international break they could be out of the title race and Ole will be blaming anyone and everyone for it

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: phantom_power on October 16, 2021, 04:49:25 PM
It is fairly well understood that a lot of Rashford's trouble on the pitch has been down to injury rather than his off-the-pitch activities. He shouldn't be throwing his own players under this bus like that, and trotting the same old right-wing press rubbish about trying to help people.
I think just saying he's being "right wing" is a bit ridiculous - it's an equally reactionary retort to the very thing you're slagging. You've no idea what's going on in training, for one thing - do you know for sure Rashford has seemed 100% focused there?

Not that it matters - the players look to have decided to give up and we'll have a new manager by Crimble.

Wonderful Butternut

I'm having a good day. Is anyone else having a good day?

phantom_power

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on October 16, 2021, 04:55:35 PM
I think just saying he's being "right wing" is a bit ridiculous - it's an equally reactionary retort to the very thing you're slagging. You've no idea what's going on in training, for one thing - do you know for sure Rashford has seemed 100% focused there?

Not that it matters - the players look to have decided to give up and we'll have a new manager by Crimble.

The "stick to football" line has been a staple of the right wing press and he is endorsing that view. He could have just said nothing

As to your second point you are probably right and after backing Ole up until recently it can't come soon enough

Chollis

wolves 2-0 down, win 3-2 with the last kick of the game with a deflected free kick

bgmnts

Not arsed about United but it would be great if Ronaldo's season was miserable and he won fuck all.

JamesTC

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on October 16, 2021, 04:55:35 PM

Saying it in public emboldens the people hurling abuse at him for helping people in poverty.

Ole could have explained this in private to Rashford.

dr beat

Quote from: JamesTC on October 16, 2021, 01:42:18 PM
Christ Watford, at least look like you give a shit.

Wonder how many managers Watford will get through this season. They probably already have the record for most managers in a season from the last time they were in the top flight.

I was apprehensive about the visit to Vicarage Road.  Could that be the worst first result for a top-flight manager?

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: bgmnts on October 16, 2021, 05:00:26 PM
Not arsed about United but it would be great if Ronaldo's season was miserable and he won fuck all.

I think it'd be funnier if he scored 30 goals and Man U still finished 5th and were toilet in the cups anyway.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: bgmnts on October 16, 2021, 05:00:26 PM

Yeah, that would be great. See his greetin face would be a bonus.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: phantom_power on October 16, 2021, 04:59:17 PMAs to your second point you are probably right and after backing Ole up until recently it can't come soon enough
It's irrelevant. The next manager will be hindered by the same problems and meet the same fate. The only surprise is United finishing 3rd/2nd two years in a row. Watching the game today, I saw a lot of players who just didn't care, same way as the final days of the last three managers - Pogba especially is someone I almost feel 100% sure will see out the next bod in charge, despite what he does on the pitch.

ersatz99

Quote from: Chollis on October 16, 2021, 05:00:09 PM
wolves 2-0 down, win 3-2 with the last kick of the game with a deflected free kick
Just when "typical Villa" was starting to gather dust. It's only slightly more annoying than our mega-signing Leon Bailey still not fit to start.

dr beat

Throwing stones in a glass house I guess[nb]and I will be happy with a point btw[/nb], but Man U flying 100 miles to Leicester in Aeroflot is a great story

dr beat

I mean at least MU could have a chat with Vlad about the gas situation?

Kankurette

I see sacking Xisco has paid off then.

FC United suck, Grantham were better but I love their ground. They have a book exchange! And people selling vinyl! Also I got to throw a ball at Pressman, so that was nice. Palmer is going to need Strepsils after his incessant screaming.

bgmnts

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on October 16, 2021, 05:09:11 PM
I think it'd be funnier if he scored 30 goals and Man U still finished 5th and were toilet in the cups anyway.

Honestly I'd be fine if man utd won the league if Ronaldo was injured for all of it.

Kankurette

Me too. Ronalado is the biggest cunt on a team that has its fair share of them.

Zidane or Conte being touted as Solskjær replacements.

(On another note, Wednesday, YOU HAD ONE JOB, YOU BOTTLING CUNTS)

SpiderChrist

Bloody hell. Southampton won a game of football.

Kankurette

I'm reading the Mo Salah thread on the BBC atm and while it is great that Islamophobia has apparently gone down on Merseyside because of him - red half, anyway - it does kind of suck that it takes a footballer being openly Muslim for people not to go 'hey, Muslims aren't all evil after all'. And it helps that he's ridiculously good.

Apparently he and Mané go the same mosque. Imagine being a bluenose Muslim and seeing those two in a service.

chveik

Quote from: Kankurette on October 16, 2021, 08:23:09 PM
Apparently he and Mané go the same mosque. Imagine being a bluenose Muslim and seeing those two in a service.

i would assume religion takes precedence over football rivalry in such a place

Kankurette

I was being facetious. I mean, I did used to go to a synagogue that had United AND City fans in the congregation.

bgmnts

Religious rivalry has a bit more bite to it, traditionally.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: bgmnts on October 16, 2021, 08:43:18 PM
Religious rivalry has a bit more bite to it, traditionally.
Does remind me of that Billy Connolly bit re the failed terrorists in Glasgow and the reaction of the locals being on the lines of "religious fundamentalism without a football team? Fuck off!"

Kankurette

They might have been crap on the pitch but they're great off it. They were doing a clothes bank collection as well.

bgmnts

Brilliant stuff! Hopefully the chairman of Grantham Town loses his knob in a thresher.