Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:43:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021/22: pre-seasons in the abyss

Started by sevendaughters, June 08, 2021, 10:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinder Data

I know he said shit yonks ago while at Liverpool but Benitez would be a great appointment for Everton - the fans should get over themselves. Would love to see him at Celtic.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Benitez did a no more than ok job for Newcastle which was concealed by the hilariously low expectations the fans had and he seems to be all about late career pay days now. You might get 2 9th places and some really drab football.

Kankurette

Quote from: Blinder Data on June 17, 2021, 08:13:56 PM
I know he said shit yonks ago while at Liverpool but Benitez would be a great appointment for Everton - the fans should get over themselves. Would love to see him at Celtic.
Anything would be better than one of those British Managers' Lunch Club™ twats.

Tbh I wouldn't mind Nuno either. Who knows what's going to happen? There's all sorts of bullshit clickbait about all our ex-managers since Moyes coming back, Koeman aside because that would just be stupid and he's a cunt.

BlodwynPig

Nuno arrives at St. James' with his magpie beard. First game, a 2-0 home defeat to recently promoted Stoke. He leaves the next morning never to return. Beardsley and Carver as interims.

DrGreggles

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Will struggle as there aren't a minimum of 11 Portuguese players.

Chedney Honks

Quote from: Blinder Data on June 17, 2021, 08:13:56 PM

I would love to see Ally McCoist at Celtic.

lankyguy95

Gattuso talks with Spurs are off now. What a club.

imitationleather

It's quite clever. We're getting all the managers to tell us what their plans are during the interview and then we're going to nick them so we can use every single manager's tactics at once. 😎

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Chollis

Blinder Data

Quote from: Chedney Honks on June 18, 2021, 08:58:20 AM
I would love to see Ally McCoist at Celtic.

A better comparison would be Dick Advocaat or Alex McLeish. If either of them weren't so past it and were as qualified as Benitez, I wouldn't be ANGRY about them being considered for Celtic, personally. I'd probably be a rarity among fans, I admit...

gabrielconroy

Do you think it's too late to get old Eric ten Haag in? Or ring up Fonseca and pretend the whole Gattuso diversion was a funny prank to welcome him to the club?

Kankurette

JamesTC

Spurs just need to go and get Rafa. He'd win them the Europa Conference.

Wonderful Butternut

Dundalk are continuing to have an interesting time.

So after rumours of the owners interfering in team selection and transfers, they eventually sacked manager Vinny Perth (who managed them to the league championship in 2019) and replaced him with Filippo Giovagnoli, an Italian summer camp coach without the proper coaching badges to manage in continental competition. This forced opposition analyst Shane Keegan, who does have the coaching badges, to pretend to be the manager in Dundalk's Europa League games. Without success, as UEFA easily caught on to the fact that Giovagnoli was calling the shots from the stands and Dundalk were fined. A 're-organisation' of the coaching team saw Jim Magilton arrive as Director of Football, whilst Giovagnoli was re-assigned to the role of first team coach with Keegan as the manager.

Several signings arrived to replace some ageing stalwarts, including Wilfried Zahibo, likely the highest paid player in the league on a reported €4k a week, plus the cost of renting a house for him (at least another €1500 a month) who is so shit he's only played twice, and an Alessio Abibi, an Albanian circus clown who the club mistook for a goalie, and a couple of US college players cos American owners.

Giovagnoli was gone in a month into the season and the following day Keegan resigned. Magilton took over the day to day management of first team for a while. Now they've re-hired Vinny Perth as manager. Apparently against the wishes of Jim Magilton. So he'll be gone from the clown show next.

Dundalk, who won 5 out of 6 Irish League championships between 2014 and 2019 are currently 8th in a 10 team division mostly made up of semi-professional sides.

Decent quality batshittery. Got nothing on Hearts though. 7/10.

imitationleather

Just like with Speaker Of The House, wanting the job should rule you out of it.

Chedney Honks

Rafa off due to fan backlash, which is is great.

chveik

at this point which manager would please the spurs fanbase?

Chollis

BlodwynPig

Inspector Norse

Just sent in my contact details and a copy of my Football Manager 19 savegame. Will settle for £80k pw.

Kankurette

Quote from: Chedney Honks on June 21, 2021, 07:24:44 PM
Oh great, now we're going to get one of the British Managers' Lunch Club instead. Any news on Nuno?

I mean, our fans would rather us get relegated than have Rafa in charge. FFS.

BlodwynPig

You want the Portuguese lunch club? I hope you get Pardew

Kankurette

How many clubs has Nuno ruined, though? Is he really that terrible?

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Chedney Honks on June 21, 2021, 07:24:44 PM

Everton fans and that absolute cunt Richard Keys[nb]Who conveniently forgot that he himself suggested Rafa to Everton a couple of years ago.[/nb] blocking the appointment of a good manager and thus fucking their own club over.

I agree it is great.

Quote from: Kankurette on June 21, 2021, 09:56:13 PM
Oh great, now we're going to get one of the British Managers' Lunch Club instead.

Pardew. Oh please let Pardew somehow worm his way in there. He's the worst cos he always starts off well, so he gets a long contract and backing on transfers and then fucks the club completely into the ground for maximum effect.

JamesTC

Quote from: chveik on June 21, 2021, 07:31:33 PM
at this point which manager would please the spurs fanbase?

Would they really be against Rafa? Manager with proven success in Europe and who else is realistically possible for them that is any better?