Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:22:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021/22: pre-seasons in the abyss

Started by sevendaughters, June 08, 2021, 10:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: chveik on July 30, 2021, 10:29:11 PM
madness. really the last player they need

That's what makes it funny (well, along with the fact they're making a mockery of FFP. And Grealish doesn't seem like an efficient way to spend £100m).

Maybe they can sign Oblak for £80m to be a marginal improvement on Ederson next.

chveik

the fpf is dead this year, uefa desperately wants to see some cash flowing

bgmnts

What exactly are the rules of financial fair play?

Kankurette

Quote from: JamesTC on July 30, 2021, 06:38:35 PM
Wages would break the structure at the club alone.

Plus why would we want a midfielder with quality but who is regularly injured when we already have Keita and The Ox.
It's probably BS anyway.

Captain Z

Quote from: bgmnts on July 30, 2021, 11:17:04 PM

Every time the big clubs spunk an absurd amount on an average player UEFA claps and goes "fair play".

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: bgmnts on July 30, 2021, 11:17:04 PM

It specifies that only certain things (Gate receipts, TV money, prize money, sponsorship, sale of players or tangible assets, merchandising etc.) can be counted as valid income for the club and that and the owner can't just write the club a big fuck off cheque every now and then to keep it running. Or write one to buy a cheating winger with shit hair. There's also rules about how much of a loss the club can run at over a rolling 3 year period.

BlodwynPig

Celtic B vs Berwick Rangers in the Lowland League.

Celtic B?

Pyramid system will soon become the oblong system.

Kankurette

Every time Sheffield Wednesday break a rule, they sacrifice a player to the football gods.

GMTV

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 31, 2021, 10:44:13 AM
Celtic B vs Berwick Rangers in the Lowland League.

Celtic B?

Pyramid system will soon become the oblong system.

Will make the system look a bit (even more) crap if the celtic and rangers b teams immediately start dominating and climbing up the leagues

Shoulders?-Stomach!

sevendaughters

Celtic B were beaten by Bonnyrigg Rose recently so not expecting them to dominate just yet.

chveik

leon bailey for 40 mil (lol) to aston villa so i'm guessing they're assured they're going to sell grealish

the hum

Celtic A meanwhile, further lolz.

Against a Hearts side I'm not convinced will finish top 6.

BlodwynPig

the hum

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 31, 2021, 10:31:19 PM
2 in a row already for Stevie G's men

Celtic ought to be shitting themselves about the Stevie G in charge of Aberdeen at this point.

BlodwynPig

Be good to have Celtic in the wilderness for a few years. Give some thought of how to change their behaviour.

Jockice

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 01, 2021, 10:12:09 AM
Be good to have Celtic in the wilderness for a few years. Give some thought of how to change their behaviour.

I think we've already changed our behaviour in regards to winning things. What more do you want?

jamiefairlie

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 01, 2021, 10:12:09 AM

Given they're my second most hated team I'd agree save for the fact that it allows my top most hated team free rein to win everything.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Jockice on August 01, 2021, 02:32:03 PM
I think we've already changed our behaviour in regards to winning things. What more do you want?

Just the passion of 2001-2004.

Quote from: jamiefairlie on August 01, 2021, 04:37:31 PM
Given they're my second most hated team I'd agree save for the fact that it allows my top most hated team free rein to win everything.

Motherwell?

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on August 02, 2021, 12:44:27 PM
Motherwell?

I actually like the 'well, our local rivalry is fairly jocular as we're both a bit shit and we know it. Not quite as bad as Arbroath and Montrose mind 😟

kitsofan34

Has anyone seen any of these multi episode documentary series about football teams (Leeds, Spurs, Sunderland) and are any worthy of watching?

Poobum

Watched the Sunderland one and really liked it, but then I take disproportionate glee from Sunderland's continual basketcasery and failure. Like the Leeds one but am Leeds fan which may explain propensity to spite.

Kankurette

The Sunderland one is depressing, though if you're a Geordie you'll probably find it hilarious. I liked what I saw of the Man City one.

bgmnts

There is a funny bit near the end of the Sunderland one where Coleman get's accosted outside the stadium by a fan and starts chopsing and Coleman says something like "I'm a married man with kids!".

Poobum

I enjoyed the bluff bravado of the guy in charge of Sunderland slowly changing to exasperated helplessness as he realizes the horrible shit show he's involved with. His genuine upset at not being able to get Jack Rodwell off the books almost made me sympathetic for like half a second before I was back to happily shoving cheese puffs into my face as it all continued to collapse.

holyzombiejesus

I liked that one the BBC did of Peter Reid-era Sunderland in the nineties.

Wish they'd do a lower/ non league one (Salford don't count). I really couldn't give the slightest shit about seeing Pep Guardiola talking to Kyle Walker.