Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:07:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021/22: pre-seasons in the abyss

Started by sevendaughters, June 08, 2021, 10:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Levy won't appoint Rafa, who has a history of not sucking up to owners and calls them out on their bullshit, but he should.

Kankurette

Ah, kopite banter. How I have not missed it.

If we're not going to get him, Spurs should.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Kankurette on June 21, 2021, 10:11:54 PM
How many clubs has Nuno ruined, though? Is he really that terrible?

You just want his hipster sexiness. Emperors new beard.

PARDEW OR BUST

monkfromhavana

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 22, 2021, 07:11:39 AM

PARDEW OR BUST

Would he leave his cushy job in Bulgaria though?

Inspector Norse

Rumour has it that Spurs are now set to choose between Nuno and Potter. I'd like to see what Potter could do at a Big Club - his Brighton side have always impressed me in every regard other than actually putting the ball in the net. He'd probably have to do without Kane, but the cash would allow them to get a good replacement in. Then again, the internet is linking them with Danny Ings, who's a good player but is older than Kane and has enormous fitness and consistency "baggage". Isak and Berardi (who's a winger but knows where the net is) are also being floated.

DrGreggles

Captain Z

Quote from: Inspector Norse on June 22, 2021, 09:12:33 AM
He'd probably have to do without Kane, but the cash would allow them to get a good replacement in.

The Kane money will have to go straight towards the stadium debt, I doubt there will be much splashing out.

Kankurette

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 22, 2021, 07:11:39 AM

PARDEW OR BUST
If I had to bang a Portuguese manager it would be Marco Silva.

buttgammon

What happened to AVB?

Fake edit: out of work after a stint at Marseille.

buttgammon

Quote from: sevendaughters on June 22, 2021, 12:14:56 PM
he's a rally driver these days
https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/videos/fia-world-rally-championship-2021-portugal-andre-villas-boas

Didn't know that! He raced in the Paris-Dakar rally and everything apparently.

I always felt quite favourably predisposed towards him, possibly because he looks a bit like me.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: buttgammon on June 22, 2021, 12:21:03 PM
Didn't know that! He raced in the Paris-Dakar rally and everything apparently.

I always felt quite favourably predisposed towards him, possibly because he looks a bit like me.

Are you Drum n Bass forget on a bike guy?

bgmnts

QuoteUefa says it denied the request because of the "political context".

UEFA supports obesity by advertising coke and beer all over the shop, doesn't that have political context? Why havent they banned teams from taking the knee to support racism? Fucksake I hate these cunts.

The Germans should just do it anyway, what are they gonna do?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 22, 2021, 12:46:23 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57566224

Hope that Hungary get bummed by one of those gays they can't stand.

Its also Pride month, chumps! Completely apolitical reason to light the stadium up.

buttgammon

peanutbutter

Quote from: buttgammon on June 22, 2021, 12:10:16 PM
What happened to AVB?

Fake edit: out of work after a stint at Marseille.
Think he was doing okay at Marseille until the entire club started to implode?

Probably the kind of manager who'll get a caretaker job at somewhere massive and it'll rehab his career a bit before it all goes to shit again.

[Edit: Moving Hungary talk to correct thread]

Inspector Norse

Yeah he left Marseille in February because the board were dicking around with transfers. He'd taken them to 2nd the previous season and they were around the European places when he left.

DrGreggles

Chedney Honks

Mourinho for Everton any day now lot of ITK saying

DrGreggles

Kankurette

Quote from: Chedney Honks on June 24, 2021, 05:50:29 AM
Mourinho for Everton any day now lot of ITK saying
Y tho. He joined Roma not that long ago. Was it The Esk saying this?

Mourinho is the kind of person Liverpool fans want managing us. No thanks.

imitationleather

I think Bosto's ITK may be the Paddy Power bantz twitter account.

Kankurette

At this rate we'll get Duncan Ferguson and all the dars will cream themselves.

bgmnts

Quote from: Kankurette on June 24, 2021, 11:06:49 AM
Y tho. He joined Roma not that long ago. Was it The Esk saying this?

Mourinho is the kind of person Liverpool fans want managing us. No thanks.

I wouldn't wish Mourinho on any team, to be honest.

JamesTC

Quote from: Kankurette on June 24, 2021, 11:16:56 AM
At this rate we'll get Duncan Ferguson and all the dars will cream themselves.

One bluenose I work with has said he wants him. I pointed out that the players wouldn't respond to that sort of old style management and he said "I suppose you're right". I think most of the bluenoses who want Big Dunc just want a manager who will kick the shit out of the players rather than improve them or build a style of play.

bgmnts

Quote from: JamesTC on June 24, 2021, 12:30:52 PM
One bluenose I work with has said he wants him. I pointed out that the players wouldn't respond to that sort of old style management and he said "I suppose you're right". I think most of the bluenoses who want Big Dunc just want a manager who will kick the shit out of the players rather than improve them or build a style of play.

I like the idea of appointing a manager in a punitive capacity.

Chedney Honks

One hundred percent. Proper fans like me won't be happy until the manager has steamrolled the entire squad - literally. Bone cruncher.

Kankurette

Duncan Ferguson is assistant manager and so far he hasn't managed to kick the shit out of the squad or terrorise them into playing like Real Madrid. The Duncan Ferguson who exists in the heads of Everton fans and the real Duncan Ferguson are two very different people.