Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,362
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:21:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wondrium

Started by Keebleman, June 08, 2021, 10:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keebleman

https://www.wondrium.com/home

Up until today, this was a streaming service called The Great Courses Plus, but it's undergone a good ol' rebranding. 

I've been a subscriber for nearly a year, and at £33 a quarter I think it's a bargain.  A few of the courses I've watched:

Why We Are Who We Are
The Art of Investing
Screenwriting 101 (particularly good)
Language Families of the World (with the superb John McWhorter)
Language A-Z (McWhorter again.  Not a course as such but a highly entertaining series of short animations each on a linguistic theme.)
How Jesus Became God
How to Draw
The Aging Brain
The Power of Mathematical Visualisation

The standard is excellent, almost without fail (the host of one course was trying way too hard to be funny), and every course also comes with substantial written materials you can download.  I don't know how many courses they have but it must run into the hundreds and they are adding more all the time.  Free trials are available - the length depends on which payment package you select.  It's well worth a look.

bgmnts

I have seen a few Great Courses Plus lectures, an interesting one about the Etruscans.

I don't like the name Wondrium though.

Keebleman

Quote from: bgmnts on June 08, 2021, 10:32:34 PM
I have seen a few Great Courses Plus lectures, an interesting one about the Etruscans.

I don't like the name Wondrium though.

Yeah, it's rubbish.  They didn't run it by me though.