Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,484
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:36:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I went to a live comedy show!

Started by Gurke and Hare, June 08, 2021, 11:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurke and Hare

I went to the new material night at Up The Creek, and it was great! People on stage telling me jokes from a short distance away. Even some people who I'm not normally hugely keen on, but I was ready to tolerate pretty much anything to be at a show, and they were all good anyway. The bill was Russell Hicks compering, Dane Baptiste, Imran Yusuf, MIchael Legge, Sara Barron, Nathan Caton and another act whose name I didn't catch, a woman in her mid to late twenties who sounded Australian but wasn't and had a surprising amount of material about incest with her brother, any ideas who that might be? Quite a lot of the material being tried out was on the subject of lockdowns and coronavirus, as you might imagine.

So, yes, live comedy is back, excellent.

Small Man Big Horse

Glad you enjoyed it, I'm fond of many on that bill and have always found Hicks to be a strong MC. And on the live comedy front I may well be going to one next Saturday but I'm keeping an eye on the infection rate, if it stays low in London I'll probably still go.