Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:08:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

It's June, the sun is up, Merry Christmas!

Started by JesusAndYourBush, June 09, 2021, 02:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesusAndYourBush

Saw this ad for some vulgar tat in a magazine on Saturday.
Just what the fudge is going on???

It's not even as if it costs £700 like one of them Steiffs which meant you'd be buying it in installments for the next 5 months.
Just what were they thinking to place this ad about as far away from Xmas as you can get???

BlodwynPig

Painter of Light

Dead 2012

Legacy

QuotePersonal conduct[edit]
The Los Angeles Times reported that some of Kinkade's former colleagues, employees, and even collectors of his work said that he had a long history of cursing and heckling other artists and performers. The Times further reported that he openly fondled a woman's breasts at a South Bend, Indiana sales event, and mentioned his proclivity for ritual territory marking through urination, once relieving himself on a Winnie the Pooh figure at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim while saying, "This one's for you, Walt."[37][38] In a letter to licensed gallery owners acknowledging he may have behaved badly during a stressful time when he overindulged in food and drink, Kinkade said accounts of the alcohol-related incidents included "exaggerated, and in some cases outright fabricated personal accusations." The letter did not address any incident specifically.[38]

In 2006, John Dandois, Media Arts Group executive, recounted a story that on one occasion six years previously, Kinkade became drunk at a Siegfried & Roy magic show in Las Vegas and began shouting "Codpiece! Codpiece!" at the performers. Eventually he was calmed by his mother.[37] Dandois also said of Kinkade, "Thom would be fine, he would be drinking, and then all of a sudden, you couldn't tell where the boundary was, and then he became very incoherent, and he would start cussing and doing a lot of weird stuff."[37] In June 2010, Kinkade was arrested in Carmel, California, for driving while under the influence of alcohol. He was later convicted.[19][39][40]

Fambo Number Mive

The advert is a bit confusing but it appears that you will be sent a set of Santa ornaments every 3-4 weeks until you tell them to stop sending you them.

Who needs so many Santa ornaments? Isn't one enough? In fact, I wouldn't even want one.

It's all about the non-fungible Santas these days, grandad.

steve98

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 09, 2021, 02:46:39 PM
The advert is a bit confusing but it appears that you will be sent a set of Santa ornaments every 3-4 weeks until you tell them to stop sending you them.

Who needs so many Santa ornaments? Isn't one enough? In fact, I wouldn't even want one.

How d'you know? Have you ever had one, a Kinkade heirloom one? Don't knock it till you've tried it.

And it's a 365 day guarantee: "If for any reason you're not delighted etc etc". So, after the 12 days of Xmas you just send it back, with a note saying you're "... not delighted; don't send me any more. Ever"

EDITED TO ADD And if they keep coming, then fuck 'em, fuck The Bradford Mint. Their loss.

Fambo Number Mive

Why does the order form have "Please respond promptly" on it? Is that for the reader or the staff who receive the order form?

And the bizarre "Yes!" like so many of these weird advertisements have. Reminds me of the Viz parodies.

hamfist

it's either

Santa Claus (bastardisation of St. Niklaus)

or

Father Christmas

but not

Santa Christmas

steve98

"Stop deliverin' these heirloom Santas to me, or Ah'll fuckin' brain ye."

Butchers Blind

Bought! Thanks for the heads up on this, did not want to miss out.  These will be so collectable and worth a mint in years to come. I'd advise other CaBers to get in now.

steve98

Quote from: Butchers Blind on June 09, 2021, 04:04:06 PM
Bought! Thanks for the heads up on this, did not want to miss out.  These will be so collectable and worth a mint in years to come. I'd advise other CaBers to get in now.

Would you be interested in my Franklin's Mint Santa and Mrs Santa, Pretty In Pink heirloom-quality figurines? Any day now they're gonna be collectors items, and worth many times what I paid for them in the 80s. I'm giving you first refusal.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 09, 2021, 02:46:39 PM

Aha!!  A set of 18, with 3 being sent every month until you beg them to stop - that's why the ad has been posted so early!

Quote from: Butchers Blind on June 09, 2021, 04:04:06 PM

$antaco¥n is the latest thing!  Get in early or miss out!!

Quote from: hamfist on June 09, 2021, 04:03:18 PM
it's either

Santa Claus (bastardisation of St. Niklaus)

or

Father Christmas

but not

Santa Christmas

Hear hear! Some common sense on this forum at last. I don't care what the woke brigade say, God created Santa Claus and Eve, he didn't create Santa Christmas and Steve.

steve98

Santa baby, slip a fry-up under the tree for me.

Alberon

We're actually having a Christmas dinner in a few weeks (on the 26th as it's a saturday). Since the Christmas get together didn't happen for Pandemic Apocalypse reasons we're having it six months later.

It's a much better time to have it. One of the few things the Australians have got right is having Christmas in the summer.

The thing that's always impressed me most about Thomas Kinkade's figurines is the fi d elity o f detail.

imitationleather

And we wonder why more dead artists don't post here.

Brian Freeze

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 09, 2021, 04:02:22 PM
Reminds me of the Viz parodies.

There is a good reason for that.

If you are sensible then please go and have a gander at their website.

I was taking the piss but now really fancy the Nightmare Before Christmas Wallclock.

imitationleather

Brian Freeze

I'm not on commission, but there genuinely probably is something for everyone there.

steve98

Quote from: imitationleather on June 09, 2021, 11:10:17 PM
https://www.bradford.co.uk/annabelle.html

Very nice!

"... a unique reborn lifelike So Truly Real® girl monkey doll"

But it's not a "Monkey", it's an ape. I mean, come on, that's pretty basic.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Brian Freeze on June 09, 2021, 11:06:08 PM
There is a good reason for that.

If you are sensible then please go and have a gander at their website.

I was taking the piss but now really fancy the Nightmare Before Christmas Wallclock.

I'm not sensible, but I had a look anyway.

I see you can get a £189.95 Batman floor lamp or a Batmobile sculpture (5.75 inches) for £149.95 that lights up and plays music.

Wonder if they will branch out into comedy models? A 5.75 inch Rodney with certificate of authenticity?

idunnosomename

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on June 09, 2021, 02:22:36 PM
Saw this ad for some vulgar tat in a magazine on Saturday.
Just what the fudge is going on???

It's not even as if it costs £700 like one of them Steiffs which meant you'd be buying it in installments for the next 5 months.
au contraire, if you notice in the small print it mentions up to "18 editions" so at 39.99 plus 7.99 shipping that's £863.64 they're getting out of your daft gran.

JesusAndYourBush

Yeah I realised later in the thread.  It's EXACTLY like one of them £700(and a bit more) Steiffs, and you ARE buying it in installments for 6 months until your mantelpiece looks like something that'd even embarrass Liberace.